Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nothing I can think of.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

I'm a normal person. I'm calm and easygoing and I like to spend time with my hobbies (welding, mechanic projects, carpentry, watching videos, motorcycle riding). I also tend to procrastinate. I don't know why I'm like this, I guess because other stuff just seem more interesting to me.

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

There's nothing outstanding about my personality. I guess that I'm calm and easygoing.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I think there would be no differences, but I don't know how other people would describe me. One of my friends said I'm bad at reading people.

5.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I didn't had many different situations in my life but I think I would do it well. I think I'm adaptable and I think things usually turn out to be good.

6.) How do you judge new ideas? What tends to weigh on your decisions?

I hear them and I think if I agree or not. If it's a political idea I weigh if it's good for people and the environment or not, but I'm not much into politics. If it's related to my projects I think if it's doable, how expensive would be and if it's fun.

7.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I think about tidy and messy and rules or no rules. My room gets pretty messy, I don't have much of a problem with it, I usually only tidy up when someone comes over. I don't have much of a schedule either.

8.) What activities energize you most? Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you.

It depends on my mood. I like spending time with my projects, watching videos, playing games, swimming, being with my friends, camping, travelling, chilling.

9.) You are given a reasonable budget and must buy and prepare a Holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) dinner. What are you thinking? What do you buy? What do you do?

I would buy beer and food for myself and ask what everybody else wants.

10.) Do you see ideas as revolving around core concepts or as gateways to new ideas?

I don't know. Never thought about that.

11.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

I wouldn't say I get obsessed. I continue learning about something if I like it and if I don't like it anymore then I stop.

12.) What do you like about traveling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

I like to get my mind off of things and to see a different scenario. I would like to go to Chernobyl.

13.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I don't have any big ambitions. I would like to keep having a good life, move in with the person I love. Talking about small goals, I'd like to get a driver's license in every category. I don't know where it comes from, I guess it's normal to want to have a good life and be with the person you love. And I like driving.

14.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

I think I'm an introvert, but all types seem kinda off. I think I'd be a nicer and calmer ISTP or a less artistic and not good at reading people ISFP. I don't have any preferences.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought my other post was deleted and wrote this one. I dont know hwo to delete. Sorry, mods

·
Registered
INTJ
379 Posts
2.) What kind of person are you and why?

I'm a normal person. I'm calm and easygoing and I like to spend time with my hobbies (welding, mechanic projects, carpentry, watching videos, motorcycle riding). I also tend to procrastinate. I don't know why I'm like this, I guess because other stuff just seem more interesting to me.
Just stereotypically this is extremely _STP.

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

There's nothing outstanding about my personality. I guess that I'm calm and easygoing.
I don't know what drives people to say this as a function, but I've noticed IST_ types tend to say this.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I think there would be no differences, but I don't know how other people would describe me. One of my friends said I'm bad at reading people.
Ti is usually why

5.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I didn't had many different situations in my life but I think I would do it well. I think I'm adaptable and I think things usually turn out to be good.
P

6.) How do you judge new ideas? What tends to weigh on your decisions?

I hear them and I think if I agree or not. If it's a political idea I weigh if it's good for people and the environment or not, but I'm not much into politics. If it's related to my projects I think if it's doable, how expensive would be and if it's fun.
T

7.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I think about tidy and messy and rules or no rules. My room gets pretty messy, I don't have much of a problem with it, I usually only tidy up when someone comes over. I don't have much of a schedule either.
P

8.) What activities energize you most? Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you.

It depends on my mood. I like spending time with my projects, watching videos, playing games, swimming, being with my friends, camping, travelling, chilling.
Could be anything. I really might just get rid of this question since I think there are too many universal answers to give this.

9.) You are given a reasonable budget and must buy and prepare a Holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) dinner. What are you thinking? What do you buy? What do you do?

I would buy beer and food for myself and ask what everybody else wants.
P

10.) Do you see ideas as revolving around core concepts or as gateways to new ideas?

I don't know. Never thought about that.
S

11.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

I wouldn't say I get obsessed. I continue learning about something if I like it and if I don't like it anymore then I stop.
Not Ni

12.) What do you like about traveling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

I like to get my mind off of things and to see a different scenario. I would like to go to Chernobyl.
P

13.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I don't have any big ambitions. I would like to keep having a good life, move in with the person I love. Talking about small goals, I'd like to get a driver's license in every category. I don't know where it comes from, I guess it's normal to want to have a good life and be with the person you love. And I like driving.
I want to say this is just broadly ST

14.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

I think I'm an introvert, but all types seem kinda off. I think I'd be a nicer and calmer ISTP or a less artistic and not good at reading people ISFP. I don't have any preferences.
ISTP. Nothing to me said you would be Fi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, but Im still not very convinced im an ISTP because the description seems like theyre a bit uncaring and Im not. Im attached to my friends and my partner

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 sp/sx
76 Posts
thanks for the replies, but Im still not very convinced im an ISTP because the description seems like theyre a bit uncaring and Im not. Im attached to my friends and my partner
Well, maybe Fe is just very developed. Or maybe you aren’t an ISTP, though your responses really did sound quite ISTP-like. I’m an INTJ, and I don’t like science-based stuff very much. We always differ from the norm in our personality types in some way. But like I said, maybe you aren’t an ISTP. Have you read descriptions for ISTP and ISFP?

·
Registered
INTJ
379 Posts
Right, I forgot ISTP is only for full force sociopaths. If you care about your family, you can't be a T let alone Ti. Good point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts