Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 24 years old female. I have a problem with extreme nostalgia. I can't stop thinking the good times in the past and I want to go back.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I prefer the 1st picture because I love nature. The view of the sea at night, it's so beautiful. It's even more beautiful with the aurora. And the color gradient of the sky, it's so perfect. Overall, it's a peaceful situation. I'd like to be in that situation.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'm a quiet person. I can be a bit cold but I'm not a mean person. I don't like it if a stranger initiating small talk with me in a bus, train, etc because I think it's not important for them to know who I am, where I'm from, where I want to go, etc because most of the time we'll never meet again and that person would forget it. I tend to procrastinate if there's no deadlines to do things, so I set my own deadlines to do things to motivate myself. I'll never get anything done without deadlines.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I want to be more outgoing and assertive because I'm sick of people treating me like a doormat and I want to have at least one friend that always have my back. I wouldn't want to be a person who's too serious and too rigid.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I think there's no differences of how people see me and how I see myself, as far as I'm aware of.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Screenshot_20190111-115107_1.jpg

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I usually observe things first before I go into action in new situation. When I've got some information about how things work in new situation I start taking action.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I never do well under stress. I lose focus and become restless and might do things that I don't mean to do. All I can think is "What should I do?" and I can't think about anything else.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I'm in enjoyable situation I just enjoy myself and the moment and forgetting any problems and bad emotions for a while.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I prefer one on one interaction because it's less stressful. In group situation I get anxious and usually I end up only listen to people talking, especially if it's a group of strangers.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I tend to be careful with new people especially if they look suspicious because there are many cases of people pretending to do anything to steal what others have, like, pretending to borrow someone's phone when they actually want to steal it, or pretend to just doing small talk with others when they want to steal people's wallets, etc. Fortunately it's never happened to me so I start to be careful with new people just in case it happens to me.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I see most people in authority, especially in my country, are corrupt. It makes me slowly losing faith in authority.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I like it when there's a place for everything and everything is in its place. But I like a bit of chaos too as long as I still can find what I'm searching for easily.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

Fear of doing less than what people expect of me. I often have a feeling that if people expect me to do something, I have to do it without failing or they won't trust me to do anything again. When it happens (I can't do what people thought I can) I could be hard on myself.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire freedom. I mean want to be free to do whatever I want as long as I don't hurt people or making them uncomfortable.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I energized the most when I do my hobbies like listening to music, reading, walking alone in nature, or just using my phone, and when I go outside to travel or just going to mall. I drained the most when I have to be in the crowd all day long.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I just want to know myself better. I typed most often as ISFP but I'm not really sure if it's correct. Other types that I get frequently is ISFJ, ISTJ and ESFP. I'm sure ISTJ is not my type because I see them as a bit workaholic and I'm not the workaholic type. For Enneagram I'm sure I'm a 9 without wings after mistyped as a 6w7 for a long time. I'm sure I'm a 9 because when I see the Enneagram 9 forum on this site there are lots of 9s who have problem with assertiveness and expressing their anger like me and I never seen this thing on Enneagram 6 forum.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

There's nothing I'd like to add. I just want to say thank you to people who willing to help me finding my type.

·
Banned
810 Posts
I am by no means a typing expert, I can't even type myself confidently, but maybe I can help you. A couple of questions, though, for clarification.

What is your work ethic like? What brings you satisfaction at work? Do you prefer innovation and having to adapt and think on your feet, or do you prefer predictability and routine? What is your ideal career?

Which of the following statements describes how you relate to or connect with others best?

1. I connect with people over new ideas.
2. I connect with other people in how I can help them.
3. I connect with people in finding things to do with them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am by no means a typing expert, I can't even type myself confidently, but maybe I can help you. A couple of questions, though, for clarification.

What is your work ethic like? What brings you satisfaction at work? Do you prefer innovation and having to adapt and think on your feet, or do you prefer predictability and routine? What is your ideal career?
I prefer work alone than work on groups. I don"t tolerate distraction when I'm doing my job. I work best at quiet environment where I don't have to interact with many people at once. I can lack follow through sometimes when doing a project. I can go from one project to another without finishing if I find my current project is too hard or I found another project that's more interesting. But after some time of taking a break (usually a few months or years) my interest to that project grows again. Basically I can turn my interest on and off to something. I prefer predictability than having to adapt or think on my feet, and my ideal career is anything that only requires little interaction like graphic designer, photographer, editor, anything to do with inputting data, making list, and something similar. But I hate to-do list though.
Which of the following statements describes how you relate to or connect with others best?

1. I connect with people over new ideas.
2. I connect with other people in how I can help them.

·
Banned
810 Posts
I'm a little torn between INFP and ISFP but I think ISFP suits you better. I get more Se than Si in how you communicate and what you're focused on in the world around you. I don't see enough evidence for Ne to say INFP and that wasn't a type you mentioned getting in the past anyway. I don't see strong Si, either, which rules out ISTJ and ISFJ, but I do see Fi. Enneagram 9s move toward 6 when stressed, that may be why you've gotten it in the past depending on what was going on with you then. But yeah, my vote is ISFP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts