Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

tbh, nothing ::kanye shrug::

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

success, companionship, altered mind states, peace and justice for humanity

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Right now because I'm almost done with college and closer to 'success'. I'm also closer to living on my own and thus easier pussy. I'm happier now because I have so many options and the future is exciting. The next year is so unpredictable. I want to move to a bigger city and be around more people. I feel smarter than I've ever been.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Looking like shit in front of people, being out of shape (if I were more out of shape I'm sure I'd feel this way), getting bad grades, and most of all...being acknowledged for saying/doing something that I feel is stupid when those times come around.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I care about logic over emotions

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

How do you work on a project and not have control? I don't understand the question. My emphasis is getting it done, lol.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I probably don't remember those times cuz I was too high or drunk LOL. No, but um...well, yeah...if you want me to describe 'how' then that's how. If you want me to describe what then I can. But what is too hard to answer.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I guess I'm more of a hands on person. I remember taking a computer science class that I eventually dropped because we didn't have any computers...just a regular lecture as a class and we were supposed to make the programs outside of class lol. I'm not a CS major at all though. I have a really good long term memory. Good with faces and dates too. I theorize a lot though too. I think a lot about stuff.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm organized enough. I don't forget much anymore. I don't have a planner or anything. I could learn to budget my money better, though.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. It needs to make sense and I need to have information that supports the argument.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I really don't care if anyone is doing fine unless they're my friend tbh. I definitely want to be myself. I definitely monitor who I am though. I care what others think about me. I'm not going to just go to school looking like shit without having my hair nicely done with Walmart clothing on. I'm strong in my convictions. I don't believe in flip flopping unless I have a reason to. Everyone has the right to change their mind, though...if they have a good enough reason.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one conversation is definitely best and yes I do think before speaking. I make sure I am sure about what I want to say. If I have something to contribute to during a lecture in school, I make sure that I run what I want to say through my head a couple times so it comes out the right way.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Gotta know where you're jumping before jumping. Cmon now.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Favorite show. Nothing touches Breaking Bad. Gotta see it as it airs! Plus my friends are all watching it anyway. They won't call me...even if it was a show that I didn't care all that much about...if I have a supply of weed I will prolly just be like fuck it im getting high and watching this show, unless I really need to find some new pussy.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I don't really get stressed out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People that are easily controlled by their emotions, people that easily get angered, people that don't make sense, people that are conservatives and hinder the progression of humanity aka homophobic people, racists, and religious people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Philosophy, politics, video games, movies, music, fitness, football, rap music, technology

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Right now actually my fitness :( I could pay more attention to my family, too.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I'm blunt, truthful, sometimes too truthful and maybe even too negative just to give them an idea of the other side of things if I feel that they aren't capable of looking at the issues on the other side of things. I can be negative when listening to my friends' girl issues, especially one particular friend, because he seems to get taken advantage of and led on a lot.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Video games, sex, taking a drive and listening to music, smoking weed, going for a run, munching on a muff

Okay there ya go. Help me out here. What do you think is my personality?

·
Registered
30 Posts

ENTP or ENFP. I've tried looking at cognitive functions, but they don't really conform to the normal patterns of either type (and I find reading the cog-func descriptions a bit like reading tea leaves).

Hard to say. Broadly, happiness. But ultimately status, success, recognition. But I know that's not really a good thing, so I always try to keep it in check. It's like I have two sides to myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I'd just quit my job, where I was popular and successful and was told I'd be missed, to start an MA in journalism. I also picked up the hottest chick in the office before I left and we were dating and I was having the best sex of my life. Seems like a long time ago!

Being bad at something. Doing something that I think is dull. I feel compared with a year ago I am worse in conversation and I actually seem to be getting stupider. That makes me feel crap. I also hate that I tend to let stuff happen to me rather than making stuff happen. The problem is that however passionate I am about something, eventually that fades and I get bored.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I try to balance thinking about something with taking a 'gut instinct' approach. I suppose I generally think things through, but often this leads to a sort of paralysis.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Classic NP thing of loving the brainstorming and hating the detail. I don't care about the outcome that much.

Last weekend I went on a bike ride with a friend. We then met up with another of my friends and went to a house party in London. My friend and another girl from there (whom I didn't know) stayed and had an amazing snowball fight and then built a snowman. The girl I didn't know was a total hottie and we stayed up chatting most of the night afterwards. So yeah, that was quite fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

It depends on what. I love to theorise though, generally. Sometimes being hands-on is a great way for me to learn though.

Horrifically badly.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The former. Then maybe a little of the latter.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

A bit of both. I have a part of me that always wants to get away from the group and go and do my own thing.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I tend to speak up fairly early on. Unless I find the people boring, in which case I'll happily sit in silence. Generally prefer group discussions, but with the right person one-on-one is good.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping, generally. Actions do speak louder than words, but I love words and will listen to them too much probably.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out. Catch up the TV later.

It depends. If stress = a deadline and pressure to complete work, then I do the work - generally very well. If it's too much work, too little time and I'm not totally sure what I'm doing then I'll try to become hyper-J, tidy my desk, get folders, etc... fail at that and then just BS my way through as per. If stress = feeling depressed then I tend to shut down, see the worst case scenario and generally freak out.

When they take things too seriously. I find people who follow all the rules endearing, but it can be annoying when they make you do it too. Like the other day I got a co-worker (I'm a teacher) to walk across the field with me as a shortcut - even though we're not meant to because the kids aren't allowed). He did it, but if he'd refused I'd have thought 'jeez, c'mon'.

Sex. Politics. Religion. Gauging their reactions. Hearing their ideas and discussing them. If it's an attractive girl, then trying to win her over.

The piles of paper on my desk. Keeping my room tidy. I guess I can look quite scruffy when I'm not trying to make an effort.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think as a very smart and self-confident person. Someone who occasionally is quite mean without meaning to be. Indecisive as hell.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd probably spend as much of it with friends as possible. Some sort of random adventure where we drive off somewhere, no idea what we're going to do and fall into some sort of great day out.

Buuuuump. Anyone care to offer their $0.02?

·
Registered
185 Posts
This was fun!!

1.) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of yourtype? Have taken the test on differentsites on different occasions and had different results. Always an NF,though. (except when I first took ityears ago and came out an ESTJ but you have to understand I grew up having towalk on eggshells and trying to please those around me-so I don’t think thatwas my true self)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? Laughter, lots and lots of laughter. It feels so good to laugh. And harmony. I cannot stand dis-harmony around me. Also excellent health in mind, body and spirit for not only me but thosearound me. I hate to see anyonesuffering.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at yourfinest. Tell us what made you feel that way. I was on cloud 9 for days after Ihad a sonogram of my baby and found out it was a healthy boy. I just floated. I have three sisters, no boys at all, my poordad. Not only was my baby healthy, andit was a boy.

4) What makes you feel inferior? I lack self confidence a lot of the time, sodoing something accidentally stupid makes me feel inferior. I try to put up this wall of confidence. Persons who had the advantage of college (Ididn’t, couldn’t afford it, went to work after high school) make me feelinferior because I didn’t go to college. And I wanted to so badly.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you thinkabout people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) Will I achieve success because if failure isan option, I may decide against it. Doing that with a business venture right now…

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis?Do you like to have control of the outcome? If I’m super excited about it, I can focus on nothing else, and that canbe troublesome because everything else is left undone. Yes, I do like to have control in that situation. If it is a mundane project-that is adifferent story. I’ll do what I have todo to get it done and not much more. Ilike somewhat control of the outcome because if I screw up, I don’t want tohave to do it again.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How isyour memory of it? Oh, gosh…what tochoose? I remember a new year’s eveparty where there were a lot of friends around in a basement. We were listening to great music, eating,drinking beer, playing ping pong…and when 12:00 rolled around we took a hockeystick and smacked an orange down the stairs (symbolizing the crystal ball thatfalls in times square NY) and then we all dove on it and there was a huge pileof people on the poor orange. I havelots of fun times, if I’m smiling and laughing it’s a lot of fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels morenatural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize,etc) Hands on. For example: I remember a couple of years ago I needed to do a sciencefair station for an local elementary school and I was doing something with raisingbutterflies. Well, I needed a habitatfor them cocoons to hatch. I went to thehardware store and with no guide or anything, I bought all the supplies to makea two-stationed butterfly hatchery completely screened and with hinges andlatches and removeable center. Noplans. Used my dad’s tools, no onehelped me and it came out fantastic. Theschool still uses it. So hands on withonly my head as the instruction manual.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? Semi organized. I can’t have a lot of clutter around me or mybrain feels cluttered. My desk is notperfect, but not cluttered either. I’min the middle on this one.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand theprinciples behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for informationthat supports it? New ideas? I go bothways. I want to understand theprinciples, but I will seek info that supports it, too.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fineand belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what youbelieve and being yourself? I findharmony by being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do youspeak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or groupdiscussions? Oooohhhh….sometimes I speakbefore I think, but not always. I’velearned to control my knee-jerk verbal reactions and step back and think aboutthings before I speak. I love both oneon one and group, depending on the subject. I like them both about the same, and I like them a lot.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like toknow where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I think I like to look over the cliff beforeI jump to be sure there is a safe place to land. And yes, actions speak a whole lot louderthan words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show isabout to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Go out! Are you kidding? That’s what the dvr is for. J

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? I can’t clear my mind when I’m stressed and Itend to wander aimlessly not really paying attention to what I’m doing. I have to make myself stop and focus.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? Them being judgemental of others withoutknowing their whole situation, belittling personalities that make others feelsmall so they can feel better about themselves,

17) Is there anything you really like talking about withother people? The possibilities of theafterlife, is there a God and let’s try to prove either side, quantum physics(the little I know about it fascinates me) theory of relativity, anything ‘outthere’.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to inyour life? I really don’t know what Idon’t pay attention to. There is alwayssomething going on in my brain, actually lots of things at any given time so Ithink I pay attention to everything. Ireally don’t have an answer.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong abouttheir perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? I think they think I’m nice and a goodlistener. Some of my closer friendsthink I’m far out there when I talk about weird stuff, but that’s ok. I think they think I’m fun when we go out, agood mom, and smart. Little do they knowthe last one is so untrue… :p Thereperception is not wrong, although they do not know all the odd things I thinkabout and read about (such as mentioned in #17) What would they never say? That I’mmean spirited or lazy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kindof activities do you feel like doing? Ok, lets start the day by sleeping in a bit. Then wake up and go outside for a bike ride, horsebackride, ziplining, something fun and OUTSIDE. I would then like to have some sort of battle…say paintball or sumu-wrestlingin those big blow up sumu costumes. Expend lots of fun energy. Havelunch outside somewhere and then travel to a little town and shop for some coolart for the house. Go adopt a dog orcat. Okay, let’s not. I have too manypets as it is… Then we’ll ( I say we’ll cause I’ll be with friends)have coffeein a great little coffee house. Gonap. Read for a couple of hours, thenmeet friends at a great little restaurant where we can have cocktails, eatslowly, and talk for hours about bizarre topics. Go for a walk under the stars and that wouldbe a perfect day.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BTW I did this on WORD then copied and pasted it and that's why a lot of the words stuck together. Sorry...

·
Registered
322 Posts
  1. 1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    The fact that I feel like a different person every single day. That one moment I will want one thing, then the next moment something completely different. I think INFP suits me but sometimes I feel more extroverted, sometimes I go by more sensory function when I 'live in the moment' and sometimes I want to be structured about things which would imply J rather than P.

Just to be accepted by other people. For my books to do well and to be seen as a talented and imaginative author. I hope to create a cartoon series one day too and to be someone others can look up to.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.​
    Finest is a hard work to translate into my life. I would say when I feel I have accomplished something or when I am enjoying myself is my finest moments. I felt when I was young and confident those were good times for me and I want that confidence back.

I think it's hard to make me feel inferior because I am so analytical I will always take stuff in and analyse it and look at why they said that and why I think that is. Without getting personally offended or upset by it. I suppose when people only care about what they are doing and don't make a single effort to talk to you despite the fact you make attempts to talk to them makes me feel inferior. I know as a person if I'm lucky enough to have someone talk to me I try and make the effort with them too.

Decisions for me are normally based on how I feel at the time. Sometimes I feel I want to do things I want to do, sometimes I feel more responsible and do whatever is needed at the time. Being the kind of person that I am I often seemed to do things if it appealed to my feelings, rather than the sensible, rational option. Although I am getting better at doing what NEEDS to be done when it is needed as hard as it can be to overcome.

When working on a project (I find it difficult at times to work on an entire project on my own) I like to make a plan on what I want to happen in the project. I like to take it step by step and not miss anything out. It helps for me to write things down for each step and to take it slowly but give each step my full attention, work and focus. I have to take things slowly like that otherwise I will get mega confused.

In my room, dancing to tracks, that's the last memory I can remember. I would like to say out with my friends at the movies, or bowling or out having fun but I have been TOO confused the past few years to do things like that. I have this fear of going out and being shy and not myself and I only want to be out with friends if I feel confident and 'in the moment.'

All of those. Doing something hands on I can normally remember it after. If I pressurize thoughts too much I can't remember things, so being clear and THERE for me always helps for remembering things. I just need to be 'with it' to remember whatever it is they are trying to teach me.

Depends are we talking organizing books for college or are we talking remembering people, things and places? I have to say, I am pretty forgetful when it comes to being organized. I will know there are 3 things I have to remember, I will remember one thing, then leave the room thinking about something else, will race up to get it, then go off without the third thing. It always happens. I'm just too focused on my own thoughts.

I understand things first. I see things from every perspective, but a little back-up evidence and information doesn't hurt.

Both of those. I like to know that people are okay and belonging to certain groups as well as happy where they are in their lives. I often feel as though if they 'seem' happy, as in laughing, smiling, content and joking I don't need to know them as much as people who seem more melancholy. I like to cheer people up and I like to be myself too. I can't go after my career AND look after people at the same time though, it has to be one or the other at any given time.

Yeah I think before speaking, although sometimes that can be crippling. Sometimes thinking something then almost telling yourself to say to them what you just thought, you feel as though you are repeating something or saying something false. Almost like another voice in your head. I like thoughts and speech to slow consecutively, in the sense that I'll be speaking and THEN thinking, which spurs on other speech. I never say something randomly without thinking, or without knowing the consequences of what will happen. Maybe I should more, it might make things more interesting. ;)

No I like to know what's happening, but I can figure things out pretty quickly. I can guess what will happen in certain events and like I kind of said before, I am trying to be in the moment and 'with it' so that if someone tells me 'We are going here, etc' I will combine my expectations with my forward thinking. Normally it's just 'I bet THIS will happen, I have a feeling THIS is going to happen.' Then it's puts me in the wrong mood for doing it. Pure forward thinking for me is just drive with no feelings or ideas, just a body going from place to place. I have to allign my expectations (wishes, ideas, beliefs) with my drive and forward thinking (I am going to get this done, I will go in, do it and go.) So that I am this forward thinking, tough, idealistic person who gets things done, which is cool.

Okay firstly they NEVER call me, so it's hard to really think of that scenario. I would say YES I would go for it. I would have to 'amp myself up' and 'get in the zone' to go out, to shift my thoughts to seeing friends in order to enjoy it but yeah, why not? I can always watch stuff online. Although if it was my favorite FAVORITE TV show I might be tempted to re-schedule to a different day.

All my pain goes into my stomach. Rarely do I do I ever shout. I sometimes sigh and complain to other people but I am always aware of people who get a kick out of seeing me stressed out so I don't ever rise to it. I'm one of those people who grins and bears it. Might explain why I have Crohn's Disease.

Ignorance, selfishness and closed-mindedness. I don't like people who 'do what they do' and do not give a flying F*** about anyone else's problems. That they are in their own world where nothing touches them. I have to say, it is fun to be like that, but then you look at how dis-advantaged some people are and it is a HUGE wake-up call to anyone who thinks themselves so unfortunate. I hate cowards too to a certain extent, that someone is well aware of someone else but just chooses to ignore them because it's easier for themselves. I get that some people are not raised in a way that promotes bravery and understanding and that is the only thing that for me excuses their behaviour but STILL. Acting out when you KNOW it could hurt someone and still not caring is something I find difficult to deal with.

People. Just the psychology of people and how it relates to films, games, TV, media, etc and places in the world. I LOVE talking about film and stories. But most of all adventure and the world in general.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
    Politics. War games. Everyone seems to be OBBSESSED with world or warcraft and Call of Duty, I just don't see the point in the whole assembling armies to shoot a load of people thing, just for the sake of killing. I prefer personal battles if anything. I suppose it appeals to some people's need to violence and power being a powerful war lord or something, and I GET why people like it, it's just not for me. I suppose I don't pay much attention to the news either. Plus if I'm honest, I could do a lot more exercise than I really do. That is something I need to pay more attention to.

I don't know how my friends perceive me. I suppose every one of them perceives me differently. I would like to think they perceive me as a funny and nice person. I don't think my friends would ever say I'm greedy, selfish, boring or in-sincere.

So that would be most days then! I don't know, like question 7, I would like to be out socializing with friends all day. But the reality is I'm often at home thinking about the next plan of action. Now and then I get those rare special moments where I can just relax in the moment. I like to often be on my computer and conceptualize for my series of stories.

Edit: If we are talking my DREAM day where I do what I want it would be relaxing with friends, getting things done, going to theme parks, exploring, having fun and moving forward. Dream day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey, could you guys please help me on this one, cause everytime i take the test I get a whole new type, so i'll let the experts have at me!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? well i got ESFP, which I do agree with but I agree with alot of the aspects of these personalities for myself

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? Well to be a kickass musician shredding on tage making all the moves that feel just right and having the lights shoot past me into the audiance I dream about it every night for an hour or so. and why I dunno I just like doing it

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. (When I had big ass gauges and was partying alot)

4) What makes you feel inferior? being quiet and shy

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) how im feeling, ha

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? yes

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? well the time most recent was when me and a long time buddy got drunk in a roach motel with his cousin and raised all kinds of hell

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) hands on

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? id say messy

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? principles

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? I try to share peaceful traquility between both, but if I had to lean torwards one i'd end up walking the line before buying into "group ideals"

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?i think while speaking so kind of both and once again i like both as long as if its a group im the anchor

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? i usally jump right in

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? night out. every time

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? intense, scattered

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? I dont like people who live there lives by a strict schedule, you cant plan fun from 8pm to 9pm, and i dont like users

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? lots of things too many to name

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life. i dont know

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? cool and easy going and nice, im not very nice, that i tend to let go of things that bother me

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? i would sleep in, smoke a bowl, play drums for a while, listen to music, write in my journal, then go to a party and meet somebody who I REALLY LIKED

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Do you best.

I'll try this out, I expect you're all gonna type me?

I don't know how, 'feeling' I am. I am pretty emotional when it comes to thinks, but... I don't know.

Fulfillment, peace, knowing, overall I have an overwhelming sense of 'finding the right...place'.

Accomplishment, satisfaction, admiration by others, pleasing others.

Big, loud, types, People who see me as weak, when I can't perform, Not being able to accomplish something. Failure.

I focus on what others will think, negative thoughts about what might happen etc.

High standard, creative juices flow, excitement, enthusiasm, sometimes if I'm passionate about it I will be all about details. If it's a group thing i usually let others lead and I follow.

Pretty clear. Vivid memory, I imagine quite 'loud' I would say.
A time I had a lot of fun? Hmm..
I was hanging with friends and we got the giggles over something really stupid, i can still see and hear their reactions.

I prefer to 'see' it being done, an example. Hands on helps but I also think I am visual.

I always re-arrange things as i walk around the room/house. It may be OCD though. LoL. My stuff is always neat though, I don't like clutter or mess. I get the urge to clean it.

I think I do both. When it comes to new ideas, I look for as much information as i can find/handle in the moment to support it.

Second one. I don't feel outwards that much i don't think I have empathy often.

Think before speak and one-on-one if I'm comfortable, allows for deep conversations. group discussions....Too many opinions and I ahte crowds.

Know where I'm jumping before i leap. I don't like being out of the loop. I like actions. yes.

If it's important I will go, if not, I would rather be comfortable and stay at home and watch my show.

I freak out. For the first time in my life i broke out in hives on my face. Stress affects me in high doses and it doesn't take much for me to reach stress level. I can grind my teeth or scrunch my face.

Rude, bossy, big egos, loud people, too enthusiastic, ignore my sensitive side.

Deep conversations about how they think and feel. <LOL?I enjoy engaging in science/history/philosophy, arguments and issues/debates.

Trying to please people and fit in to 'their' perception of 'what's cool'. I have a rebellious side.

-Quiet, observant, maybe smart?...Hard working, lazy, not motivated.
-They don't understand me completely, why I am this way 'cause they can't see the real me.
-It's because I'm afraid of whats around the corner and I don't cope well with the unknown, although i love to wonder about the many unkowns.
-That I am the life of the party.

Going for a walk, maybe. Spending time with people close to me doing something fun together.

OK, that's mine done. Hope you can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
to the girl who just responded

I think that the personality you have listed as your own fits you well, you seem about 55, 45 with 55 leaning in the introverted direction, i still dont know what S is as opposed to N so I cant really say, you seem pretty F and as far as the last one J fits as well so there ya go!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'm assuming you were referring to me, @Drumsensei -To which I say thanks and...Whether I'm more S or N...I guess this example from Wikipedia explains it a little,"N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INFJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities". I think I am more 'abstract' than 'concrete,' 'cause my mind sometimes tends to wander off in search of something. Whether or not I am, more 'big picture' to 'details', confuses me a lot, but when I think about, 'future possibilities' vs 'immediate realities' I can safely say, I am the kind of person who dreams a lot about what 'could' happen in the future,' in comparison to, 'getting stuff down right now'. I think...

So am I an INFJ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well Stray Arrow your personality type in the end is for you to decide, and im really coming from a place where I don't really know who you are but i'll say that from what i've read from that little quiz that you took and consulting the description of your "type" yeah i'd say it fits you, but you know its really for you to decide and how honestly you took the test

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well Stray Arrow your personality type in the end is for you to decide, and im really coming from a place where I don't really know who you are but i'll say that from what i've read from that little quiz that you took and consulting the description of your "type" yeah i'd say it fits you, but you know its really for you to decide and how honestly you took the test

Yeah, i know. I guess i'll just have to understand it all myself in order to get the answer I'm looking for. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The 'N' vs. 'S' component

Currently, I yearn for understanding of big picture stuff... The purpose of life, societal relations, things like that. I guess I yearn for existential meaning, and I am having a hard time coming to grips with some of the posits of science that have led me to conclude that life is inherently meaningless. (Booooohooooooo)

I can't really recall a specific time. I feel like I am at my finest when I am really getting my point across, am articulate, and of course getting positive feedback. I guess I like to be validated.

Perceiving that I am surrounded by people who are more intelligent/more organized/more artistic/more likable than I am. But especially, more intelligent.

I tend to decide based on how something fits with my morals. Sometimes I'm concerned with how I will be viewed by others, but generally I like to follow my own moral code. If I feel I am doing something that will cause harm to someone else without having a bigger-picture good outcome, I will probably back off the decision.

I suppose I like to do research. I do not place heavy emphasis on control UNLESS I think I have a really good idea or I feel my teammates are incompetent.

I remember (though rather poorly) having a good time with a friend the last summer of high school. We spent a lot of the summer hiking and talking. In felt connected to him, and special to him, in a way. As I looked up to him, I felt that being allowed to have this special time with him qualified me for some degree of specialness. We had quite a few moments of standing or sitting in awe of natural wonder. I guess I had some magical, free-feeling sensations as well.

Probably to theorize. I don't care too much for memorization unless the subject calls for it. I like to apply concepts I already underarms to the new subject.

Not very. It takes a lot of effort and simplification in order for me to get and stay organized.

Usually I will take a look at the principles to see if they make sense.

Depends on the situation. If indent really like or am offended by a group or a person, I will not make much of an effort to maintain harmony... I will just keep quiet and speak up if I am really offended. For people I like, I will make more of an effort to maintain harmony. The closer I am, the more likely I am to speak up for myself.

Usually I like to think before speaking, though occasionally I will blurt some things out.

I tend to look before leaping. I am concerned that my actions do not always match up to the assertions that I make.

Depends on my energy level, the friends, and what they are proposing we do! I dont jump at opportunities to socialize and prefer some notice. If I feel like going out, I will offer to meet them later. If that's not a possibility, I may decide to catch the show on hulu the next day. I don't really like hectic club scenes. I. Am usually more interested in small group settings.

I can get really irritable towards people with whom I am close. Sometimes I will have angry outbursts. I am withdrawn and sullen around those with whom I am not close.

Anyone who is really intense or demanding emotionally, or who has trouble controlling the volume of their voice. I dislike people who force their views on others and are inconsiderate of others' feelings when making decisions or who have no ability to see from multiple points of view.

Personality theory, spirituality, philosophy, health and wellness, mind-body connection, those kinds of things.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
This is a hard question... Probably my looks, at least compared to other women my age.

Introverted but kooky. Creative, analytical, kind, possibly intellectual, a good listener. Honestly, I don't think I am very creative and I could stand to be kinder and more considerate. I don't think my friends would ever call me cocky or boisterous or mean.

Reading, watching TV, going for a walk, possibly window shopping. Meaning around online...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Feeling/Thinking, and some Intuition/Sensing
Sometimes I actually care about what other people think of me. I'll often catch myself thinking, "But what if someone...?" or something like that.
I don't feel like my Ne is actually as strong as it could be, and I've tested as an ISTP before. I also enjoy going out and doing things sometimes, although that doesn't have to be related to Se necessarily.

For people to stop bothering me about my choices, to be able to do whatever I want, and to live comfortably but not with a huge excess of money.
People (mainly my friends :dry:) tend to question my choices, because I tend to do whatever I want within reason. They tend to bother me about things like listening to music during school assemblies or in the hallways, chewing gum during class, etc.
I don't want to become blinded by money, or work my butt off to have all this stuff that I don't use.

I don't think there's ever been a time when I felt like I was the best version of me. I might be BUtheBabyUnicorn version 14.5 right now, but this version (and all of the ones before) have had their bugs and good features. Right now, I'm kind of emotionally unstable, but I'm making sort-of good progress with improving in artistic areas.

Competency, I suppose. I don't like feeling incompetent.
I also don't like it when people talk down at me.
I would suppose both of those things make me feel inferior.

Most pro-cons. Sometimes people, but only if other people could be potentially affected.

Functionality and aesthetic. I'm not exactly sure as to what the second question means, but I would like the outcome to be good, so I would like to have some control at least. But control isn't necessarily the best thing all of the time.

Hmm... maybe when I went laser tagging at my friend's birthday party. The memory is mostly filled with excitement, darkness, and feeling really warm.

Theorizing and hands on. I like imagining how something would go, but I also like making or doing something if possible, although I'm perfectly fine not as well.

Quite disorganized. I don't remember anything (school assignments, birthdays, etc.) that I don't particularly care about. My room is currently a mess, and I always find a book or two that I thought was "missing" in my bedsheets.

I would say the principles behind it.

I mostly find harmony by being myself, but I don't find the environment very peaceful or balanced if everyone's angry so I usually try to do both.

I usually think before speaking, unless I'm speaking to myself out loud. I prefer one-on-one.

I usually like to know what I'm jumping into, but I will usually jump into something pretty quickly. I try to weigh my actions.
I think that both can be discredited. I'm a bit paranoid of people, so people are usually pressured into saying or doing things that they might have not done had there been no one watching. So neither is more accurate, or speaks more, or whatever.

Favourite show, unless the friends are calling to ask if I want to go over to one of their houses and watch my favourite show.

I mostly withdraw and do something else, I'm easily distracted, can't focus, and very negative.

If they "jump on bandwagons," are obnoxious, do or say illogical things, are "too" nice, too timid...

Anything that I'm currently interested in. Right now it's music, art, and the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Fashion choices and the state of my room.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They find me boy crazy, depressed, and whiny. I am not boy crazy or depressed. I'm just a teenager.
That I'm outgoing or normal.

Cliff diving. Practice drawing. Practice playing instruments. Go online. Film a cover of a song. Film a vlog. Post cover and vlog on YouTube. Eat some chocolate. Web browse. Wikipedia browse. Draw some more. Watch something, perhaps YouTube. Think.
That was more of a list of things in the order that I would do them, but you get my point.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Mostly on the perceiving and judging aspect since I adapt on some certain circumstances.
To be honest nothing really, nothing has made me want to yearn for it. Only in college for a degree, just in case I can get a good job. I am pretty much apathetic all the time, though I like to think of myself as a "wanderer of life":cool:
One good memory of middle school days, if any, was in my algebra class when we had a test. Luckily the teacher wrote out a puzzle in which had some correct answers on the test. Though pretty much everyone in the class had no idea what it was and I was the only one I think that figured out that the table had 6 rows and 5 columns meaning 30 questions in total in which some of the boxes had been filled with answers. At that time it made me feel not superior but like I had a special ability, as a joke the teacher called me a code breaker.
When people think of me as someone who is sad and depressed all the time or when the view as someone who only sputters out nonsense and has no idea what he's talking about.
While morality does play a small part, I make a decision based on what the choices I have offer, the benefits or effects. One of my personal philosophies is that every decision a person makes has benefits and/or consequences, though it is their responsibility to know which decision is best.
When working on a project I like to have a good view on what I am working on rather than leave it to someone else. I like to look at the big picture first and then go more into details which I believe are the most important.
I remember a few of the times a girl I had two classes with was one of the people that seemed trustworthy enough so I asked for her help a few of the times. In a sense I kinda took advantage of her kindness until she said "I am helping you because you're my friend". In a way I repaid her kindness and help by bringing snack bars and buying chocolate for her every now and then. Gotta admit she always brought a smile to my face. Ah high school love...:rolleyes:
I believe I learn more through by learning on my own, trial and error and memorization.
Not as much as I like to be. While I can pretty much plan through a great degree I tend to not stick to it much of the time.
Normally I tend to unbiased in an unwavering way, in other words stubborn. So when I am judging a new idea I get as much information as I can get or use my head to figure out the reason or logic behind it. For example some people are homophobic, I am someone who believes that people have the right choose in which "path" they want to walk on. But when it is something less personal and more on right or wrong my views are unwavering until I am defeated through reason.
I like to go in solo so to speak. Since the responsibility is not divided like when it is in groups, I am alone my decisions have a heavier toll and so I am self-sufficient in a sense.
Strangely enough when I speak in person I force myself to be somewhat outgoing so speak without thinking though when it is over the internet and chatting I think before I speak, I am using my mind to speak not my mouth.Though I prefer it to be one to one since I don't like to interrupt conversations and feel the attention is on me and only me so I know when to respond.
Most of the times I use action than words since it has more an effect than trying to figure out which are right words I should use at this moment.
Mostly stay home don't have friends and even if I did I'll still stay home I am that lazy.
I think I tend to sigh a lot or I respond more quickly than usual, in other words rebellious.
Some people are way too egotistic that they don't accept their faults, way too outgoing and friendly, or way too nice that I feel I need show them how real world is like. I am that much of a pessimist I guess.
Anime, Martial Arts, some video games and controversial issues.
Family, friendship, fashion, politics, and the news.
Some think of me as a sad lonely depressed guy that needs a hug which is wrong:dry:. I am someone who likes to be alone, just stare at the sky or the scenery and listen to music. By chance meeting a former high school classmate of mine she said she saw me a few times but did not approach me because I always have this glare on my face, which I like:proud:.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?Listen to music, find some new bands I like, watch anime, new series or old ones, check on which martial arts fits me or where can I learn japanese swordsmanship, play some mmo's. By the way sorry if I typed a lot it's a habit of mine's.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Hello

First off, those cognition quizzes are tricky and my results differ every time I take it. They put me in INFJ, INFP even ENFP.

I initially felt I was an INFP, but when going in their forum, I don't feel at "home". I'm not very creative, I have creative thoughts that entertain me, but that's about it. I am moody and sometimes keep it inside because it's so intense, while other times I will go for the jugular or just be plain blunt about what I think. When someone is upset, I really feel their pain, but again sometimes I don't have the words to help or say the right thing. I get the J and P confused.

2. What do you yearn for in life and why?
To be happy, to enjoy life in the moment, my Se is really low. Also, to be loved and understood, to not feel so alone.

3. Think about a time when you were at your finest, tell us why you feel this way.
When I was in nursing school and took my psychiatric nursing course. I learned a lot about myself and loved it. I was a really good student and learned that while we are all different we are really all the same. That I wasn't alone in my feelings and thoughts. I also love having goals and completing them successfully.

4.What makes you feel inferior?
Having mentioned the above, I am no longer a nurse but a housewife. I feel like people judge me a lot (when they probably don't even care and it's me judging them). I am not very good at the housewife thing. I also feel like I push people away and I have always on and off suffered from depression. Sometimes I feel weak and helpless while other times I'll surprise myself and others by how "brave and bold" I can be. I wish I didn't feel things so deeply.

5. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people? Pros Cons, how do you feel about it.)
Other people, I care very much about what they think, I care about doing what's best for others. I feel bad because I need to trust my gut and intuition, but if I did this too much I would have no friends and be alone. I have trust issues.

6. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Perfection and yes I like control of the outcome, I have stepped on others toes and they have backed down because I felt things should be my way.

7. Describe us the first time you had a lot of fun. How was your memory of it?
Hmmm...first thing that comes to mind is in 3rd grade. I was new in school and had little friends, I begged my mom to have a sleepover. I invited girls I didn't even know well we had so much fun, I honestly acted like an ENFP when I was younger. Old friends have told me I used to be so much fun and silly with a bunch of crazy ideas. Since I'm now in my 30's I still have to say being silly, acting ridiculous and laughing is when I'm having the most fun. I often hide this side from others now, I guess in order to conform or I'm scared of what they will think. I have repressed that side of myself and have become more reserved. Oh, my dad teaching me how to play soccer in 1st grade :)

8. When I want to learn something new what feels more natural to you? (hands on, theory, memorize)
Theorizing but I learn in all three of those ways.

9. How organize do you consider yourself to be?
Haha, not at all. I take adderall for ADD. Without it I'm a mess. I do crave organization and sometimes like to organize stuff but it's when I feel like it. When I do it, I'm pretty good at it.

10. How do you judge new ideas?
If it doesn't make sense I do try and understand the principles behind it. If I feel strongly about something, I have been known to look for evidence supporting my claim. Sorry, I know this doesn't clear up things. Maybe I do the latter more often.

11. Do I find harmony in making sure everything is fine and belonging to a certain group? Or by making sure you follow what you believe and being myself.
Being myself and following what I believe (my answers are getting shorter and more vague bc I'm becoming a bit time pressed here). I do like belonging in a group but sometimes still feel alone in that said group. When I'm making sure everything is fine, I'm a little neurotic about it.

12. Are you the kind who thinks before speaking or vice versa?!Do you prefer one on one discussions vs group?
i have often blurted out things without thinking, I have a severe case of foot in mouth syndrome. I have offended people unintentionally as well as intentionally. I prefer one on one or very small groups, I feel more free to be myself and I HATE small talk.

13. Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where you are jumping before leaping? Does actions speak larger than words?
I am pretty cautious, but I have done some spontaneous things like after college moving to Manhatten to pursue a career in advertising. I'm originally from somewhere the opposite of that place. I didn't have a job or anything. Some may call that brave, but I was young and naive. I did get a job though, hated it and moved back home. I found working to make money for others unfulfilling. Came back home and decided to become a nurse because it was a stable job and I could help people. I'll just say this, being a good nurse is HARD! When I'm doing something for leisure, I like to have it planned out...ironic I know.

14. It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite TV show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out, what do you do?
Stay home and watch my show without a doubt. I'd like a heads up please.

15. How do you act when stressed out?
Complain or bitch, if really overwhelmed become frantic and withdrawal. Make excuse to people who won't understand, even lie. Become paranoid like the world is out to get me.
I cry in private or to my husband.

16. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Being fake, backstabbing, when I notice subtle inconsistencies with the what people say and what they do. When people make passive aggressive comments to hurt me intentionally (especially the ones who know me best).

17. Is there anything you enjoy talking about with other people?
Ha! Yes, myself or ironically other people and their actions and behavior, trying to figure them out. Playing armchair psychologist.

18. What kind of things do you pay the least attention to?
The local news, I prefer national. I don't pay attention to what other people's jobs are, the newest fashions, I don't pay attention to small materialistic details. I find the way women behave over weddings, baby showers, etc. odd.

19. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong with their perception? What would your friends say about your personality? Acquaintances and friends see me so differently. Close friends would say I'm very sensitive/emotional but brave. Random and unpredictable, maybe poor listener. Funny, silly, complex, deep, nonjudgmental (but I am just keep it in). I guess I am pretty accepting of others and their flaws as well because I have many. Some to this day can't pin me very well, hell I can't even pin myself at times. I am a walking contradiction.

20. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you like doing?
Relaxing, reading, looking up random things on the Internet, I fleet from interest to interest. Spending time with my husband (when he's not working).

·
Registered
121 Posts

My dominant function I am unsure about. I dunno I feel like I may use Ni, but I am very confused by it in theory.

I yearn to make a difference in someone's life, at least one, which is why I'm looking to become a psychologist.

When the last Harry Potter book came out, I was as happy as I needed to be and I felt complete. It was as though I was completing an adventure with an old friend and I felt as though part of my life was saying good-bye to the end of an amazing adventure and a new one was starting.

People who make me feel bad about myself and make me question who I am and if I'm up to their standards as well as my own. Also, remembering where I leave my phone, wallet, keys, etc. They're always going missing. -_-

I think about whether or not it'd be good for me and the people around me. Generally others come first before myself.

My emphasis is probably envisioning the finished product. I just let my soul do the talking and I do enjoy having control. It makes me less stressed.

I always enjoy spending time with a friend or two and just being ourselves. I always have fun with them and also by myself. Writing one of my stories I was thrilled...it entertains me so much when my inner voice speaks to me. ^.^ Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

Definitely theorize and after I get the gist of it I try to apply it and make it make sense to me.

Let's just say I know where everything is. And I'm always on time with a few minutes to spare.

Principles definitely. Always go by principles.

Harmony with everyone is the best in my opinion. I strive to make sure things are in balance but I don't give up on myself either.

I think before I speak most of the time and there are times where I don't even think it and it just comes out and luckily it makes sense. I prefer one on one.

I prefer to look before I leap...but I can't say I trust myself to jump in sometimes and I luckily get a favored result. Actions do speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do

I'd probably record the show and hang out with them, but I generally hang out with one or two people so it's not really a night out anywhere but someone's house.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?s

I lose control of myself and my anxiety heightens where I focus on small details and lose myself in them.

I very much dislike superficial people and people who care waaaay too much about how they look and fail to see their inner beauty.

I like talking about whatever comes to my mind honestly. I'm a very curious person and I look to fulfill my curiosity through discussions about theories.

I tend to forget to live in the moment but when I do I get lost in it...there's always something to worry about or think about.

One of my friends describes me as someone whose emotions are 'more pure than anyone he's ever met'. Others say I'm selfish, but they don't understand I like my alone time. They'd probably call me quirky and odd, but that's okay! :)

Beach, writing, drawing, spending time up in mountains maybeh and just away from everyone and everything. Camping trip possibly. Singing! Hmmm...lots of things.

So what do you guys think? :\

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure if I am Thinking or Feeling. Also, I can be socially awkward so that makes me also question my supposed Extraversion. So many questions...

What do I yearn for, eh? This year, my focus has been to achieve peace with myself. I want to be comfortable with who I am by means of definition. It bothers me when I'm not sure if I'm ENTP or ENFP. At the same time, even if I were to be defined by these things, I would lose a lot of interest when I became completely sure of what I am. Also, Whatever I am called, I couldn't see myself as staying true to the stereotypes of whatever I'm deemed as. Mostly, I like being known as an ENTP because it's rare and original. Plus, not many of the people I'm friends with know much about Meyer-Briggs, so it wouldn't be like they are judging me. I love the personality of ENTPs which makes me biased towards wanting to be one. Ironically, these feelings I have clash with my personal views (being individual, not letting yourself being defined by stereotypes: jock, bandgeek, queer, whatever) so I feel a bit guilty for being so hypocritical. I'm all twisted up in my brain lol

Being at a fair in my state. I stay there all week and play with a band. It is incredible! It's sunny, there's people everywhere and I can be as obnoxious as I want! I cart my friends around all over the place to take part in my stupid adventures. One day, I went around giving random people hugs, then stole a lot of stuff from some lady at a booth.
The feeling that I need to define myself in order to be free. I apologize if this makes no sense, I'm not sure how to communicate it effectively. I just love this crap. It can be a great tool sometimes. Anyway, I have pretty good self-confidence other than that. All peppy and whatnot.
Pros and Cons definitely. When it comes to thinking about people (if it's somebody who I'm not close to) I only consider their position if the end result will benefit me. Other than that, I try to use a logical, objective way to solve my problems.
I usually step up to be the leader. I get all of my ideas out first and worry about the details as they come up. I'm careful not to be a Hitler about it though and will genuinely listen to other ideas so my group's morale doesn't decrease. You know if they don't like you or respect you (which will come if you don't consider them) they won't work as fast or as well. Which is annoying because then I have to do it myself. But, I'm a charmer so this usually isn't a problem :)
I already did that, but I'll try to cook up another memory. I remember in my English class we had to do a project with alliteration and I told my group that it needed to be the most obnoxious thing we could muster. Of course we came up with a Communist Clam chowder kitchen featuring dead celebrity dishes such as Farrah Faucett's Ready rectal ravioli or something stupid like that. Tears streamed down my cheeks as we created that abomination.
I like to try to grasp it for a moment inside (that's what she said?) then talk it through with the professor. Like I'll draw it in the air or on the desk if that makes sense. It's like opening up my mind and putting it in front of me. Anyway, I'll talk with Professor Chuckles about it and kind of set of hypothetical situations with him to make sure I understand completely.
I am not organized at all.
I try to look at a new idea from every angle I can think of. Try to imagine any weaknesses it may have for somebody (Sue may like the idea, but it won't work for Brian so there must be something better). Once I think of all of this, I try to vocalize it to others to see if they have any points I may have missed.
I don't give a crap if other people are upset if it means I can't be myself. I pretty much do my thing for the most part and if somebody doesn't like whatever I'm doing I'll question them. If they have a stupid reason, I'll ignore them. If they have a good reason, I'll debate with them about who is "right". It's idiotic to try to make everybody happy if there is something wrong. That's like covering up a spill on the ground and ignoring it. I'm not saying fight necessarily, but confront to problem.
Well, it depends. If I am trying to come up with an idea, I'll think about it a little bit before I say anything. I especially think before I speak if I'm having a debate with somebody. But I can be spontaneous. If I think of something funny, I pretty much blurt it out as soon as it comes to my mind. Often I'll call friends up and make plans on the spot. As for communication, either is fine. But for group discussions it bothers me when I can't get a word in.
Again, it depends. Action does say more than words, but words can get you out of trouble ;)
Record that crap, I'm hanging out with my friends!
Sometimes if I'm in the middle of something and even a little thing goes wrong, I will freak out. It makes me so incredibly mad. When I'm stressed, I make a mental plan in my head of things I have to do, then what holds the most importance. If I have to do a report, I worry about what I'll write when I get to it, but I will place that at the top because I know it will probably take more time.
I hate stupid people. I HATE stupid people. I also hate when people just accept what has always been and when people never question anything. I usually don't like people that are 100% on something and aren't open to other ideas. I can be aggresive with very few things, but I will still be open to other opinions. I won't just tear them down. Generally, I like people though.
I like talking. Does that answer your question :) I will listen to what people have to say and honestly consider it. I like to argue with people. But not when they get all upset and take it the wrong way.
My mom tells me that I don't care about whatever doesn't interest me at the moment. Like, if I get really excited about reading some article, the world stops for a moment until I am satisfied. I like to learn new things. Usually, if I don't like people or if I don't know them that well, I don't really consider their emotions. Meh.
They probably think I'm energetic, smart, and funny. I'm not really sure what they truly think to be honest. At my worst, they probably think I'm annoying, immature, and mean. They are right sometimes. They would never say that I'm dull or a complete pushover. I can tolerate being a doormat sometimes. Depends on the issue.
Sleep. And be lazy. I will think a lot about random things for the first part of the day, then maybe I would call my friends later.

Anyway, read me, oh wise ones.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I sort of feel like we should remove this from the stickies. The new questionnaire is much better, but people keep using this one...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

I won't say what I've been typed as until after I get a real opinion.

Currently? Direction. There are so many options for me that I am almost afraid to seek anything out in case I become more interested in something else. All I do know is that LATER in life I would like a family when I am ready to settle.

When I am alone outside and just enjoying my thoughts and nature.

When I am treated poorly, insulted. Mainly on my competence and intelligence.

Rationality and fairness, sometimes I can give in to mercy so long as it is someone I see deserving of it.

When it comes to projects, I like to find out what everyone is best at, assign jobs (I'd like to say offer or ask them to do a job, when I decide to be leader I want things fair for everyone) and let them do their own thing.

Spending time with a single friend, galavanting about and wrecking havoc in the neighborhood. (nothing bad or illegal, just did things that'd make a passerby confused and/or laugh.

Hands on. I have to touch things and experiment with it. Then through that knowledge I naturally and usually relate it to something else I've done that was similar.

I'm an organized mess. I usually put things in a "general area" and search for it from there.

I like to know facts and evidence. But if such things aren't available or are inherently unknowable, I try to rationalize it with common sense while at the same time trying to understand everyone's perspective.

Following what I believe and being myself.

I think before speaking mostly, once in a while I'll correct something. I tend to have a hard time voicing my thoughts and making them make sense. For casual discussion, I prefer one-on-one... Or very few. For intelligent discussion I can handle a group. For a personal discussion, one person. If any for that matter.

I like to know where I am jumping before I leap. I have to know the direction of the wind, the approximate place of where I land, the stability of the ground versus the force of weight hitting the exact spot of which I am landing.

Perfectionist.

Depends on the friend. If it's someone I enjoy immensely, I have no problem leaving. Anyone else I probably wouldn't even answer the phone.

I keep it to myself, inside. I wouldn't like to say I bottle it up as I can sometimes tell someone what is bothering me (if it isn't a personal problem) so long as they ask.

This isn't asking what type of personalities I dislike, more so what makes me dislike personalities, yes? Demeanors, how they were raised, what caused them to be the way they are. I offer sympathy only to those who have a reason for being crabby in a day. If they're crabby for the sake of enjoying being in a bad mood then I can live without them.

Video games, psychology, what-ifs, occult/paranormal, (I mostly engage in this conversation to hear personal stories) art, travel.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

The mundane. I can't stand the routine. People that seem average. (The kind who seem to lack quirks, are afraid to act outside of normalities)

Things they say: Odd/strange, smart, "odd sense of self", "hard to feel dehumanized around", "the most potential than anyone I know, just lacking drive", a disheveled mess, opinionated, creative, naturally humorous (apparently, everything I say is just hilarious even if I didn't intend it to be), immature, good natured, easily distracted, naturally understanding, never upset . The only problems I have are with immaturity and never upset, I believe there's a difference between finding joy and laughter in simple things versus not acting ones age. And I am more so than often worrying, and stressing than I am happy and carefree. I just have a habit of pushing it aside for the sake of it being a hindrance to a current situation.

What they would never say is that I am an idiot, have had a hard life, have common sense, follows the norms (I don't avoid authority or norms, I just preform whatever action I deem right for that situation)

Depends. Did I have the previous day to do whatever I like? Will I have another one? What's my current money situation at that point? My
Mood?
You see, if I am feeling adventurous, I like to go out on my own and tour my city. Find little hole in the wall places. If I am in a bad or content mood, I'll likely hang alone at my house, play a game, finally get to cleaning something (I'll more so entertain that idea than actually do it). However, if I am feeling lonely or bored of whatever my home has to offer I might spend time with another friend.

However, there are many factors that go into what I could/should be doing during that day.

If it helps any, I'd like to add a bit more information of myself.
I over analyze, I enjoy predicting people's actions and more than often I am right. However, until I actually get confirmation about my predictions I can keep my ideas open. I seek fairness over mercy or justice. Even a murderer should be listened to and understood. Ideal punishment should be adequate treatment for mental illnesses, not just thrown away and forgotten. I tend to structurally criticize people with or without their permission, but always in a way that no one takes offense. I'm not even sure how I do it. Also, I am open and talkative so long as people ask and keep me interested in conversation. I have a problem talking about the mundane and the usual. I have a problem expressing my feelings and thoughts with certain friends and on a side note I am extremely loyal to my close friends to the point where I would give my life for them.

A movie character I relate to most to is Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes. Minus the confidence in my ability to predict situations. (What if I'm wrong, you know!)

I hope I've given you more information than you need.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts