Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
1) Aspect of my personality that made me unsure of my type:

I can be very caring and talkative. I have been told to 'stop talking' by teachers,parents and friends throughout my Life. Also, I have been the 'safe' person and confidant for my peers and those older than myself, for family, strangers and coworkers my whole Life, at least since the age of 7.
Paradoxically, I have also been told that I a too needy and too sensitive by my family...despite also having been told that I am too dispassionate and unforgiving...*ugh*
I am horrible at Math and the Sciences,despite having always been very interested in them.
I HATE computers.
I seem to be a hands-on learner which has been used to describe other MBTI's,usually E's.

2)What I yearn for in Life is:
Control

Because:
Having control,real control would be a sign that I know what is right. Real total Control is naturally acquired by those who are in synch with what is needed,necessary,at the core of the conceptual reality.

3) A time I felt I was at my finest was:

Whenever I am allowed to take control over an activity for a large group, especially children, especially if I am teaching that group a specific skill to then perform cooperatively.

I felt/feel I was at my best then because:

I quietly observe and challenge myself constantly. As soon as my brain thinks of an opposing reality to a truism I have observed,I go about trying to immerse myself in that opposing perspective to understand it and then how it relates and overlaps with my original observation...also, i do not ascribe to agism or other isms. I do not 'play favorites' and I naturally see people's strengths and their ways of expressing what they really mean that others may misinterpret or be prejudiced against. I have always been the One to do the little things or the less glorifying things that others don't want to be bothered to do and I have learned a lot this way.

4) I feel inferior when:

Others judge me based on one true aspect of my being, whether favorably or not.I feel dehumanized and removed from reality by the other person, almost as if I have been rejected from reality ('me' being the person inside whatever the observer seems to see or to have summed me up as)

5)What tends to weigh on my decisions is :
people,feeling,pros-cons
All these things weigh on my decisions but,the umbrella descriptor would be 'pros and cons'.

6)Normally,when working on a project the emphasis is on :

Finding exactly what the ultimate objective is which, if nothing else, at least that thing is achieved; Finding the truest and best interpretation of that objective to either perform it most fully and correctly or to improve upon it's execution, possibly happening upon the learning of a better way of doing it.
On whether or not I like to be in control of the outcome:
I wish to be in control of outcomes but i learn more when I am not.

7) A time I had a lot of fun was:
Theater,Nature and Science camps as a kid
Because:
The experiences were collaborative and free and organically creative and at the end of every day we had something achieved that we would share with our fellow students and teachers and there was little judgement but a lot of learning and appreciation.

8) When I want to learn something new, I am naturally :
hands-on,theoretical,memorizing
Theoretical, then hands-on, although I tend to search for examples of others' hands-on experience to observe and learn from.Memorizing is something i do to help 'stick in; certain aspects of what i am learning like phraseology and necessary terms or procedural orders.

9)How organized am I?
Relatively. I keep containers for things but I do not organize those things within those containers. I easily forget things, like cell phones on trains and an errand I had had to run, to bathe to buy groceries.
When attemptign a task i know must get done, I am known for doing it completely,quickly and often improving upon passed ways of doing it, without seemingly having to try, or, in fact really trying much. I 'sense' or 'feel' or 'intuit' my way through the the task,trying to let my brain act naturally on what it knows on it's own and that it has learned form previous observations and observing things within the real-time scenario.

10) I judge new ideas this way:

"What caused that idea?"
Which leads to and colors these next processes which I do not plan but, when I sit, thinkign about it now, this is basically my 'new idea' protocol:

a)I try to understand the principals behind it and see if they make sense
b) I look for information that supports the new idea
c) "What caused this information to be found?"
d) "What caused this question to be asked to acquire this information?"
e) Begin again :3

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both. Finding the correlation and reconciling them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think first and often 'only'.

One-on-one about a group discussion.But, I usually prefer to think and then ask people to listen to and respond to my ideas when they become either overwhelming or intriguing.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I am known for being good at spur of the moment taking of control but it's not actually spur of the moment, it's an accepted inevitability in my mind that I have been watching come to fruition or seen the like of before or I assume it is natural and try to adhere to natural flow of the situation.
Actions speak more than words, definitely, but only righteous actions that are appropriate- for instance, a person yelling at their co-workers may be a sign of dogmatic behavior or the coworkers may be lazy and disrespectful, refusing to adhere to basic human decency, let alone professionalism or company policy- the yelling may have been a long time coming.
Interpretations of actions and gossip can speak loudly but are slightly more likely to be meaningless or false interpretations of half-truths.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
The internet allows me to watch anything any time.

I'd just get ready, but not intensely, just enough to be presentable, make sure my stuff was ready if I decided to go out and sit down to watch my show and if I was 'moved' to go out, I'd be bale to just go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Initially, I withdraw. I physically escape as soon as possible.

If I can't:
It is very obvious to people. I am irritable and withdrawn with an unhappy look on my face and I usually grumble audibly.If ti goes on for a few days or months or if it is an intensely frustrating situation, I find someone to spew all my frustrations to, hoping that one of their 'edgeways ' words will strike a chord with me and help me see an alternative that leads to an unseen truism or solution.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Presumptuous bullying forcefulness.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

The reasons behind things, even the reasons behind seemingly 'light' topics like a new relationship or favorite movie, and even things like why I'm angry or why a loved one has died and how it affects people and why.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Romance, socializing,false friendliness,empty conversation

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They think I am cute and sweet and 'backward' and immature and needy.

I am very strong, capable and stoical, at least about what they assume I am upset about- usually they assume i am upset about he things they deem as lacking in myself lie my looks or lack of romance or 'normalcy'.

They'd never say I was outrageous or promiscuous or actively embarrassing or mean.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Finding a beautiful secluded natural place and sittign there all day

·
Registered
8 Posts
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Freedom, peace & quiet, self-control, entertainment; I want self-control b/c I have a tendency to over-react to things & sometimes have a hard sitting still. Although while I don't yearn for it, I do want to learn more about the world/universe b/c some facts about the world I find interesting because some facts seem fascinating in "won't-have-guessed-that" sort of way or interesting to think about & deconstruct/analyze. In fact, I often hate it when people tell me stuff I already know. As for freedom, peace & quiet, and entertainment; I think that's self-explanatory.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being bratty and argumentative when irritated & easily irritated which I am. I used to also feel inferior when I did something irrational or said something irrational and then realizing it doesn't make any sense right after I said it (as a manner of fact 1 of the reasons why I hated being bratty/irritable was b/c I would do that a lot when irritated). But I'm becoming more confident in my ability to think logically.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I usually tend to have fun at amusement parks, when dancing if in the mood, playing the guitar, having ideas pop into my head, & socializing in a way that's spontaneous & somewhat unpredictable. Though most of the time, I prefer to browse the internet, watch some vids (that are entertaining, thought-provoking, or informative) & relax like I often do.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Being taught something in a somewhat conventional way with me listening & being shown examples; analyzing: theorizing, occasionally deconstructing an idea to reach my own conclusion (in that order)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I often do the former though sometimes where I did the later. But I kind of wish I did the later more often.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I think those both are awesome, but neither are what I associate with harmony. When I think of harmony, I always think of a calm atmosphere, mostly peace & quiet.

12) (vel's version) Do you prefer one-on-one conversations or conversations where several people are speaking?
one on one

I often tend to argue a lot & express my more negative emotions. And then I would either feel bad about it or act as if it never happened or obsess over it (this can be by thinking about it once or a couple of times for a really long time or it keeps popping in my head in between other thoughts).

Anything really as long as it doesn't turn into an argument or debate because I find that in debates and arguments my emotions will affect my reasoning and will do anything to win & sometimes when I start, I can't stop. Also as easy as it is to get me to argue, there's a part of me that just wants to get along.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dear Friends. It's been years I can figure out somebody else's type but not my own. Would you please be so kind?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm sure I'm some kind of NF, but the rest is I don't know.

I guess I want to make my mate happy and help her to become fully blossoming personnality. Bring to my beloved people something, which helps them greatly in their lifes. To be successful professionally and accomplish my life goals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that
way.

Two things. First, during Christmas my sister had invited her extremely interesting friends of different nationalities and cultures, and we were talking about everything: politics, culture, religion, nationalities, offering gifts, making pictures. That was hugely exciting and great. Another thing, I came to the country my sister lives in (the Netherlands). It was the first time I came to the West. I've spent 5 days of pure happiness.

More popular, helpful, funnier and practical people, who monopolize the attention and put me aside. The group, where I'm totally useless makes me feel really bad and want to go away. And if I can't go away it's a kind of torture.
People who can make people feel happier than I do.
People with great sense of humor.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I guess I think about all these things.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
What does it mean?

Apart from what I’ve described above, the time I win a lot of people in the sport I do (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu). I’m very pedagogue when I win. I thank person for excellent combat, underline it’s strong points and give a couple of advices.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
To buy/rent the book about it, read it, check the internet sites, and then try.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I’m more kind of planner man. When I plan what I have to do, it reassures me and gives me a kind of structure. Of course, I don’t follow plan with terminator’s exactitude, but I follow it. And I’m like 3 times more productive when I have one.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I guess, I grasp the big picture fast, without knowing exactly why, and I see the outcome it might have on people. If you are talking about Communism, Democracy, Nationalism for example. I see the principles also pretty fast and have educated enough to figure out if principles make sense or not. Otherwise I can read a bit about it.

Following to what I believe is so automatic for me, that I really don’t ask many questions. But making sure that I’m in harmony with everyone else, and everybody is happy really gives me joy.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I can’t answer this question. I guess sometimes I think before, sometimes I speak before. One on ones are really deep and heart-full, but such relationships are very rare in my life (like 3-4 people). Group discussions energize me too, but it depends if I find the group interesting. If they discuss the stuff I can’t tell much about, I get bored and prefer to do something useful for everyone.13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I really need an example. It depends of the situation. The same thing about actions and words. Depends on the context.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it’s the night out to do an interesting activity, or to socialize in somebody’s home, and these are interesting people I choose the party. If I feel I’ll get bored there, don’t have much to share with them, I’ll tell I can’t come. Or I’ll come, but reserving a right to leave when I want.

If I have necessary skills and feel confident in them, I become very decisive, courageous, smart and have an extra energy. If not, I’m pretty much lost and ask for help.

(Not in order) Egocentrism, Egoism, narcissism, cruelty and lack of consideration for others, disrespect to laws and social rules of behavior, disrespect to people around, violence, disrespect to family values, immorality (any kind and sexual too), DISLOYALTY, social parasitism

People, literature, politics, religion, psychology, cultures, foreign languages, supernatural, history, martial arts.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I guess to the decoration of our home. I don’t take initiative. But I’m happy with what my girlfriend is doing. She calls the shots in this sphere, I gladly obey and participate.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
As very interesting and exciting to be with, as very comprehensive to their problems, the guy who MUST be invited in their parties, it’s a pity I don’t call them more often, also a kinda moralisator, who can be judging misdeeds of others, making sermons about immorality etc. With whom it’s interesting and exciting to debate.
What’s wrong is that I can be myself egoistic (I hate it in myself), lack of courage, lack of hardworking attitude. Especially that I hugely lack of self-esteem and self-confidence.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Diverse activities in group and alone: going to the concert, to the cinema, BJJ classes, do something which makes my girlfriend happy, like making a sweet trip with her, talk to my family members and friends. Be useful.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am not sure what my type is. I've taken MBTI several times and came up with a few different results when i took them at different points of my life. ISTP seems to come up a lot although I believe I resemble the ISFP description more...I disagree with ISTP because I am not much of a thrill seeker. I mean I love roller coasters and camping trips as much as the next guy but I'm not sure I would choose saaay motorcycling and skydiving to take someone on a first date for instance. I am impulsive, however, and tend to act before I think.

Financial security. I want to be more independent

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way?
Combination of having great job I was passionate about, felt like I had a purpose in life and being in a good relationship and part of a new family

Not having a higher education and feeling like I can not compare next to some members of my family

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) I usually wait till the very last minute to make a life changing decision, usually with a lot of anxiety involved then I eventually end up making it based on what the most logical course of action is. But not after consulting several people first for feedback and insights

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I prefer to have control of the outcome. Not sure what you mean by emphasis. I want you to be amazed, I guess.

Last night, in bed with my boyfriend. I remember how tightly he held my legs against my chest as he thrust into me forcefully. :shocked: Also, the top of his head... remembering a lot of that

Hands on/visual...

I can be when I set my mind to it but not very organized at all. Something I ought to work on

I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Latter

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I often speak before thinking. I prefer one one one discussions

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?I jump before looking. Actions do speak louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Tell them to fuck off. If they wanted me to go out they should have asked in advance.

Not pleasant. I get agitated easily, angry. I lash out at people or I cry.

Braggarts and attention whores annoy the fuck out of me.

Books, movies, characters, entertainment mostly. Anything but personal private things about myself.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life
I need to exercise more

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?My true friends think I'm wonderful, quirky and easy to love. My fare weather friends think I'm a funny bitch. People like to have me around when Id rather be off somewhere reading a book. Truth is inside is all this turmoil only a very few a privy too. I don't really understand why people are drawn to me but its annoying even feels threatening at times, lol

If its not bonding with my child or boyfriend, Its reading or shopping for a book/art supply or gardening surfing the net/ making art/ crafting.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
High Ne, High Ni, Higher Ti, Low Fe and Low Fi, not as much of a joker as a lot of ENTP's, not naturally linear or as non conflicted as an ENTJ (more like tree branch creativity, with always more than one tree growing) Not as deep as an INTP.

I would like to live like "Dr Gregory House", with a little less antagonism going on. -Don't need to be mean but I like that he doesn't have to suck up. Not that people don't count, but he gets to operate in "flow", for a big percentage of his life. He has a team to brainstorm with. He has a limited scope of what he does that allows him to have an unlimited freedom within that scope.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Certain work projects where that three-quarter point is and I have to push myself because I'm afraid the real thing won't match what I was shooting for. Or I start thinking people won't get it and I have better ways in mind of how I could have done things - but I push through. It might be a rainy day, but I drive off to deliver or present the project, walking in the door or whatever might be the Que, I realize it is all going to fly! At that point, might as well be a loud orchestra in my head playing Ode to joy! And the sun comes out.
My business life has fallen into the toilet and I want it back - or something like it.

4) What makes you feel inferior? Bowling, or rollerskating . . . . or dancing?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) I need to believe something has ongoing potential, that something can build on itself, or be a grand adventure, or at least not become a brain-dead routine that takes up tooo much of my life.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I love when something does what it is supposed to do. I need an assignment or an inspiration, with something to shoot for. It can be my own desired outcome or something I help someone else to clarify and fine tune. But I like that something can be tested. Yes, if I'm not in charge of the outcome how is it not just some kind of resignation or busy-work, or appeasement. This is not the same as control of what someone else does with the project after my part is done. And it is not the same as tight control of the process to get to the outcome.

Sailing with ex's sister and brother-in-law. I don't know many people who seem to have happy marriages and these two people have fun together. The conversation was so easy. He and I talked a little about politics in an open ended idea kind of discussion that I couldn't do with ex. His sister was so nice and had been reading something I wanted to read. And all that blue, just floating on blue. Sometimes I like to talk to people that I think are sort of characters (couple of people I occasionally have coffee with) wild stories or fringe opinions, it's sort of refreshing?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) I need hands on and theory? I love a chart or section that just tells you what something does, and then I can invent my own processes or theories from that? Or sometimes if someone is giving me a step by step it helps me to ask questions or paraphrase what was said. Occasionally I have to explain that I am not trying to change anything, just getting it down in my head. When I say chart, I mean it could be a list but maybe a better word is that I go to the quick reference guide if there is one. Then I will go deeper if I want to or need to.

It may have taken me till near thirty years old to figure out a kind of organization that works for me. Bins to throw like things together. Notebooks for brain dump problem solving. A big tote with a clip for the cellphone, and force myself to check that I have everything before I leave a place. Which I still screw up if something novel happens.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I always ask why. If logic supports that something can do what it is intended to do, then cool. If I have to present an idea to other people though, I think about what has been done, why one idea has some benefit over another, and what kind of credibility will the person I'm talking to be looking for.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Doing fine? Belonging? Often what I might believe, or having some display of being myself, just has no relevance to the situation at hand. I try to do what I think is constructive to the situation, or just be polite. If I'm in charge I try to make sure everyone feels heard, and have some sense of if people are engaged or not. I like to keep things moving forward. I might occasionally defend someone that I know, that I believe was not given due credit for what they intended or offered to the group. I might try to draw someone out if they seem obviously quiet.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I like group discussions but in real life I do more listening, unless I get on a roll about something I've been recently "chewing on". Sometimes with one-on-one I sort of drop out. I ask enough questions to keep noise happening. Not sure why I do that.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? Some things I think through with a lot of detail. Other things need to be worked out as you go.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? TV can always be found somewhere to watch another time. I will probably go out, unless they are doing something that sounds like toooo much effort or stretch of my interests. I'm a little bit flexible about what to do but if I'm tired or not thrilled about whatever the whole picture is, people, place, budget, etc.

First, I have adopted a policy of do it, file it, delegate it, or let it go. That only helps when you know you have enough problems for the day and you know you won't be actually doing anything about some immediate bad news. Stress upon stress upon stress could lead to a rare meltdown, in front of a chosen person or two (not people who are invested in the actual problems). I usually though, go to my notebook and start dumping possible solutions (to calm myself down?), then I bite the bullet and get the facts or talk to people I don't want to talk to. Often I am in my head "rehearsing" something that has nothing to do with the people in front of me, if they notice or ask me something, I might spill it. -not on purpose. - this has to be a pretty high level of stress though.

People who seem to be trying too hard, and what they say they want is not lining up with how they handle things. I mean genuinely what they seem to care about from their own words and actions, but then they do stuff that makes no sense with that. And the reason they give for being unhappy is that it is someone else's fault. I like people who can say "I know, I failed", and then say to themselves "what's the next move from here?".

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? I don't mind finding out about new people, or hearing some side of life I wouldn't have known anything about. I like people who are story tellers or have been around the block so to speak. Most of my own talking leans toward ideas or problem solving . . . . or open ended philosophical questions - if I'm just visiting for the fun of it.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life. Food, Transportation. I know I should care more about vehicle maintenance but I hate thinking about that. I would also hate a car payment unless it could be a tiny percentage of my income.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? A few things I have been told: You have a whatever works personality, You seem to have a higher than average tolerance for everybody and don't really like anybody, The way you are. . . some things you are extremely flexible. . . but what matters, matters (and what doesn't doesn't). You know how to put colors together, Customers like how I help them get concise and to the point with ad copy. Nobody would say I let anyone take advantage of me or intimidate me, although, a past roommate also said once that I always make excuses for people (ironic?).

My favorite local bookstore, every so often I need to spend at least half of a day there. Have lunch by myself and look at piles of cool stuff or find a new book, a new temporary interest or slice of life. Or, I might make plans with someone I haven't seen in a while, for coffee or meal. - and then do something like a project that has been simmering in the back of my mind?

·
Registered
142 Posts
S vs N

I want to gather knowledge and wisdom that can be used for the benefit of my community. I do this because the information society we live in, the right knowledge can be hard to find among all the garbage and other knowledge and so guidance is needed.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I don’t think I’ve reached my finest. But as far as the finest that I have felt so far I’d say right now with the new people I’ve met in college and how they have helped me to form my identity,

Physical activities, when I’m unaware of current events when others around me are, when people say “I told you so” When people try to simplify me or only highlight a single dimension of myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
The considerations I make for a decision are: Can it wait; do I have to decide now? Does this fit my modus operandi? Does it suit my mood? Is it going to adversely affect anyone? Will this give me something of value that I can use later? Will doing this make me look hypocritical?

My emphasis on a project is being thorough and making it as complete and whole as possible. If the idea was mine then I would like to have a great deal of control on the finished product however I am very open to suggestions. I often have trouble finishing projects though because I may decide that I have lost interest or that I need to just not work on it for a while until my inspiration comes back.

My most fun memories are when I hosted sleepover parties at my house and invited like 6 or 7 people. My mom would buy special food for all of us and play video games and board games all night.

When I learn something new I tend to connect it to things I see around me to better understand how it fits into the fabric of the universe. I like to look deep into the information presented and see how it explains an aspect of human behavior or how a certain aspect of human culture originated.

Very unorganized. I sometimes walk into a class not knowing there was a test that day. I don’t ever know what I’m gonna do everyday, I just do things based on my mood and what my feelings say I should do.

My initial process is to compare it to what I already know about the topic. Then I try to see if it seems consist with what I perceive as the natural ways the world functions in my mind. I do like when I can find information that can support it or negate it but unless the topic very much interests me I may not collect much information but when I am interested I do very heavy research sometimes to the point of obsession.

The second one

I prefer not to speak unless I have thought it through. I am fine with both one on one and group discussions. One on one has more intimacy but group discussions allow me to me to show off a bit.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I most definitely prefer to collect as much information as possible before going into a situation. I do believe actions speak louder than words however I find good use of language to be a huge turn on. I respect people who have linguistic excellence and can be witty and eloquent.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Depends on my mood. If I’m feeling anti-social then I’ll cancel on my friend and watch the show but if I’m energetic then I’ll record the show and go out with my friend.

I get quiet, I have zero tolerance for nonsense, I lash out at my weak friends and victimize them. I get cynical, misanthropic and self loathing.

I dislike personalities that care too much about immediate pleasure and shallow things like money and power and sex.

I love to discuss current world events, crises that plague the world, history, religion, philosophy, video games.

Social norms, fads, fashions, bandwagon stuff.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Ways I’ve been described as are: Gay, genius, witty and sarcastic, extremely laid back, empathetic, old soul, religious, naïve, loner. The problem with their perceptions is that they do not see what is really going on within me, I am misunderstood. They would never doubt that my intentions are inherently good, my integrity is not in doubt.

Depends on the day and how I feel like when I wake up. I don’t plan things. I just let my passions and whims carry me through the day.

·
Registered
183 Posts

I get different results depending on which tests I take. Thinker/Feeler and Intuitive/Sensory are the aspects of my personality that I can't decide on.

Being understood/appreciated. It feels good to know that I'm needed by others, although I never really express this.

When I was in middle school, people thought that I was tough because I had taken seven years of karate, and I was also musically talented. It helped my ego and made me think that I deserved to be thought of in that way.

I'm shy, and if people ignore me, then I tend to feel like I'm not needed. I also hate making mistakes. Everything that I do that can be judged by my peers has to be perfect. If I mess up my "perfect streak" among a group, I will cease to care about trying my best.

My personal morals and beliefs. I also consider what the people around me are like. I'm really critical when it comes to understanding people, and I have a hard time understanding people who don't share my views.

Since I'm in high school, I try to do just enough to get an "A." Sometimes I'll completely blow off a project if the points aren't worth the effort, or if I lose the rubric (which happens often.)

When I was younger, I had a lot of friends who came over just about every day. I had the most fun when we went to the recreation center to play basketball, because my group of friends made me more extroverted and authoritative.

Feeling and experiencing what I'm trying to learn is imperative to my understanding. I'm not good/interested with learning about theoretic subjects.

My room is a mess, but I know where everything is. I'm really irritated when people move my stuff in to a "more appropriate" place.

Ummmm.... Not really sure about this one, but I think that I'd go with the former.

I hate faking my personality to fit in to a group. If the people in the group want to do something that I don’t care about or believe in, then I would leave immediately.

Before I speak, I consider every situation of how people will react, unless they are people who know me well due to my opening up to them. I always prefer talking to people one-on-one, because I want to know who people really are rather than who they try to be while in a group.

I like to know what I’m doing before I do it. Actions definitely speak louder than words.

If I haven’t hung out with any friends for a while, then I’ll hang out with the person if they plan on hanging out with me alone or me and other people whom I have good relations with.

I try to ignore the stress by watching a show or playing a game, but I can’t help but think about what is stressing me out.

If they are have too many rules, If they are “idiots” by my standards, or if they are the kind of people who will change just to fit into a group. I also dislike people who aren’t able to take care of themselves and people who use their emotions against people.

Not particularly. I have a problem that makes me want people to enjoy the things that I really enjoy, and that problem has caused a lot of people to tell me to shut up. If they happen to enjoy something that I really enjoy as well, then I do like to talk about it.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life

I’m not very attentive to how other people feel sometimes. I’m not very concerned about my diet either. I eat a lot of unhealthy food and drink a lot of unhealthy energy drinks, but I’m still not fat. Unrelated?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

One of my best extrovert friends perceives me as headstrong and opinionated, only because he loves to debate and I just want him to accept my opinions. He also thinks that I’m some kind of recluse because I never want to talk to his friends. My other more introverted friends see me as carefree, and a kind of enigma when it comes to my impulsive and unpredictable behavior.

First I’d get really jacked up on energy drinks (I can’t get into the right mood to do the following without them) and get together with a few friends. After doing this, I’d want to play paintball or box, or really any intense sport. I’d spend the whole day doing activities like this until I’m tired out, then I’d go fall asleep in a nice outdoor place, like the beach, or a park. I'm sixteen by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure about what my personality is, i have been taken MBTI a couple of times. I think i'm an xSxP type of person but is unsure of my F or T and E or I preference.

The F/T and E/I preference.

Being appreciated by others and accomplishing something extraordinary. I have always thought that others approval of me was important and i want people to recognize my achievements after i pass away.

I dont know

If people ignored me and gossiped behind my back, i always raise suspicision that maybe it was me they were talking about.

My beliefs and what i think is right morally, i'm always checking if the decision fits my set of beliefs. I have a hard time discussing something with people that dont understand my point of view.

I dont know

When i was partying with a couple of close friends. Very good, we strengthained our bonds and they made me less shy of meeting new people.

Hands-on, i hate digging through tons of theory and not remembering anything, and i like experiencing the things and put theory to pratical use.

I'm not organized at all, i always forget where my things are located and that costs me alot of money. My room is usually one big mess of stacked papers and i cant find which one i need.

I look for information that supports it.

I always thought that being yourself and follow your beliefs was more important than being in a specific group, thats why i always sympathize with the outcast and helped them fit into the group norms, even through it made my reputation worse.

I speak before i think i have many times wondered why i said that in the given situtation and regretting it after.

I'm jumping into action right away i usually find out if that was a good thing to do after hand. Actions speaks louder than words.

Take the phone and tell the friends to come over to watch the movie alongside me.

I never get stressed i'm always easy-going.

If they are ecocentric and arrogant or just trying to tell me what to do.

My hobbies.

My clothes.

Very opinionated. Nothing. They would never say that i had no opinions and always agreed with them on different subjects.

Playing computer games and poker with a couple of friends while we get wasted on alcohol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
(Warning, this is going to be very, very long. Also, I've already made out of this.. but I think I'll just keep this thing here for now.)
Somehow, I've always seemed to gravitate towards identifying myself as an INTP. Of course, the tests I've taken never really give fixed results. INTP comes up a few times, and in others, I usually end up as an INTJ, an ISTP, or and ISTJ.
You may already know this from what I just said, but I'm going to.. well.. say it anyway. I tend to score pretty high on Introversion and Thinking. It's just the P/J and S/P part that interchanges. I'm pretty much somewhere in the middle for those.

The short answer? Everything.
I'm never really sure about what I am. Sure, I tend to gravitate towards the INTP out of gut feeling or what-not, but come on. Gut feelings? The only thing guts should be allowed to feel are the extra weight they gain after Mister Crunch up-stairs shoves food into his spit-hole so that it can burn everything that drops in with horrible, horrible acid. And also sudden external blunt force trauma so that the Grand Machine can double over and cry like a starving kitten. Haha look, I made a funny! It's not like I wasted three sentences on a bad jo-.. nevermind. Moving on.

Again, I'm always arguing against myself inside. An example. INTP's pretty much live inside their own heads. Well, I day-dream a lot. I tend to just sit there wordlessly when with a group, and go blank. I'm a lucid dreamer. Yes.. I love dreaming.. though they've been getting repetitive. My subconscious has been running dry in the creativity section. Do I really live inside my own head, though? Am I really that much of a thinker? I'm not that silent in front of people, am I? Or am I? What about those inaudible chuckles, giggles and absent minded remarks in occasion during a social situation? They don't happen that often tho.. they happen often enough! Look, I'm not going anywhere with this, let's just move on.

I tend to have loads of trouble making decisions, since my brain can't help but barge in and go on about what could go wrong, how it may be inaccurate and maybe some other suggestion to the point where I lose track of myself and blank out. My maternal me-dumper tends to think of me as a dumb-ass thanks to that. I can't really deny it, though. Besides, after all the chaos, everything goes back to a state of.. blank, anyway. Or sometimes I just go "fuck it" and go with the first thing in mind, which may not necessarily be the brightest.

What about ISTPs? They're good with their hands, no? Nice and crafty. Well, I suck at building things. I'm pretty good at tearing paper apart though. While I stare at the nearest plant and smile insidiously. Well, I don't do that often really, i guess it sort of waned away. Really, I don’t mock plants with the corpses of their brethren. I.. well.. fuck.

And INTJs? They’re pretty decisive people, aren’t they? Something I’m not, decisive. Am I? I seem pretty confidence about my indecisiveness. That’s counted as decisiveness, isn’t it?

Oh, and I could go on and on and on and on with things. I mean, I’ve already filled an entire page, and I’m just on the first question. Okay, you can stop now, me. Stop. Seriously, stop. I’m not kidding.

Contentment. That’s what it all comes down to. But the real question is.. how?

I’ve always had a little pet-dream of omnipotence. Hell, I have a character that can shapeshift into anything her little brain imagines, and also inherit any abilities her mind-baby has in her mind, given the surrounding environment has the material for it. Or in real life terms, a life where I fear no one, where I have the freedom to do as I wish, where I can interfere in manners where no one would expect, and watch the sequence of events that happen after. I mean really, what would YOU do if your toilet verbally compared your deuce with a previous visitor, before tickling your butt-cheeks with a wet water-tongue? Heheh, butt.

There’s the want for an excessive supply of money, which comes from an excessive amount of capabilities. Just like my video games. Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, and kill until you’re much stronger than you should be and have millions that you wouldn’t even know what to do with. But those are video games.

And there’s the dream of finding a significant other. Someone who sparks my curiosity, and always will, that freak. Someone I can freely exchange crude jokes with while cuddling. And boning. Boning, all the way. Someone who isn’t too bossy and forceful and.. and.. uh.. fuck. I’m rambling again.

But then again, would accomplishing any, or even all of these make me happy? I don’t know.

I love it when my character is received well by the person I’m sharing it with. Excited replies and in-depth opinions always made me giggly.

Then there’s the situations where I talk to someone really, truly.. curious. That actually talks back. What a character. Interaction with other people tend to go on hold for the sake of this individual when that happens. Yes, I shalt dissect him intellectually, dear, sweet, ..thing. Until I run out of methods of intellectual dissection and start feeling like a dumb-ass. –sniff-

I like going into “haunted houses”. I’ve never been into a real haunted house, just ones where people dip themselves into a vat of flour, ketchup, and wrinkly skin serum before coming out to roam around and try to scare the shit out of people. Sure, the silence and darkness tend to make me uneasy, but once the ghosts come out, it’s all fun for me! ..I apologize to all the ghosts I’ve made fun of, tried to have a weird conversation with, laughed at or brushed off like a piece of dust. This includes those who had their personal space invaded by some person who just.. won’t.. stop.. staring. While grinning.
I’m also sort of good at counting.

Smart people. Good looking people. Capable people. If I see someone being better than me in basically any manner, then I’d feel a little bit down. There’s also the realization that I’m probably not great in anything in particular. I’m no genius. I know tons of people (okay, just a couple) who’d slip into that category faster than a falling rock, but I’m not one of them.

I feel inferior when my head blanks off on me when it isn’t supposed to be. I feel inferior when I’m unable to make decisions and end up staring there with my mouth agape like an ass. I feel inferior when I’m quiet in the middle of a heated conversation. I feel inferior when I have no idea what the conversation is about. I feel inferior when I see pictures of myself, or even my own reflection.
Yeah, um, I avoid cameras like the plague. For some reason, looking at myself immortalized onto a screen makes my itty bitty heart plunge into a vat of acid. Oh wait, that’s my stomach. Well, I don’t avoid cameras that much anymore. More like it’s better that I don’t. After some time, I realize that people don’t really appreciate the person they want to snap running the fuck away as if their camera is a gun. Now I just try not to look at the pictures.

Oh, and I’m terrible at sports. I seem to always be last place back then during Physical Ed, with my team-mates boo-ing and flinging the kiddy version of ape-shit at me with their eyes and voices.

Oh, and my lack of motivation. I rarely find myself excited or driven for anything much, really. Except for the stuff I mentioned in #3. I still tend to run out gas even then..

I don’t know. What DO I think about?

Can I actually perform that task? Is it too hard? Do I really want to associate myself with it? Will I fail miserably at it? Will I look like an ass doing it? Why SHOULD I do it? Why SHOULDN’T I do it? Can I actually get myself to expend a considerable amount of effort to do that? Who is there? Do they look like they will fling ape-shit at me behind my back? What else can I do with my free-time? Is it awesome? Would I devote a lot of time to it? Would my parents let me do it? (I still live with them and.. yeah) Will I get murdered with an uncomfortable looking machete? Will I screw anyone over with my decision? Do any of these questions even matter? Oh sweet Jesus, my brain hurts..

I don’t know. I just do that shit. I do try to make it complete it enough to net me a nice juicy ace, though. Aces have been a little collection of mine, recently.

Unless it’s a non-school related project. Like drawing, where I struggle to just make it seem acceptable. Or typing about my character, something I haven’t done in a while, where I try to make her seem as epic as possible, or even better, where she does something.. weird. Or a series rage-watch. Or the musing of a witty comment.. you know.. so that it’ll be funny, hopefully.

I have fun when a game is really, really good. I have fun during a deep conversation with someone awesome. I have fun when I have an epic dream. Sorry.. describing.. describing. I’ll describe a nice dream for you. I’ll try to make it short.

I was in a store-room. There was a mouse with blades for arms, who wouldn’t stop scratching my ankles. I fled to the next room and found a sick kid. The room had one window, showcasing a stormy weather. I jumped out and turned into a flying reptile. I decided to take advantage of the stormy weather by turning into lightning elemental dragon, which would absorb electricity with the horn on his face. Then I let out my my high voltage fury on an unsuspecting crowd with mega-beams. Then I flew forward to an ocean, where I turned into a sea dragon. I leaped in and out like a dolphin. When I submerge, I see shadows of massive sea creatures, which sort of scare me. I reach a coastline and land on a road, turning back into a human. A truck speeds towards me. I curl up and imagine turning into the toughest thing imaginable. I crush the truck like an aluminium foil. I got recruited by a bunch of military men who were there when it happened. I get on a ship. They ask me to sink another ship. I fly over, turn into something heavy, and smash the shit out of it. The soldiers who recruited me started shooting me. They turned into banshee-ghost things and start clinging on m-AHHHH GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF!!! I fly all the way into the clouds where I find a floating lever. I pull the lever, causing sea levels to rise to the point where even the highest mountain is submerged. Oh shit. I fly higher until I break out of the atmosphere and reach space. I juggle around with the Sun but accidentally lose grip of it, causing it to dart away, turning Earth into a freezing planet. Shit. Better find it. It got sucked up by a black hole though, which stunk. I fly around until I accidentally ripped through some sort of fabric in space and find myself in a dark room with a door. I open it and find myself in a grand buffet. Ohhh, so much delicious food! But I can’t even decide! I took too long to decide and all the food ended up getting taken. I try to fly away but realize that there’s a ceiling that limits my height of travel. Well.. it goes on.

(I think I'll stop here for now. It's getting waaay too long, anyway. >.<)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am shy and sometimes quiet but I like to be with friends constantly. I like to go out and do things all the time but not alone. Also T/F.

Adventure. I want to travel everywhere and have someone to travel with. And the financial security to do it.

I feel my best coming up with ideas or improvements that others think are genius. I want other people to think I am smart so I like to have concrete ways to show it.

I feel inferior to people that have families and kids and seem settled. I am so unsettled in every way.

If I knew this one I would have a better idea of f/t.

I think I like control of everything.

First memory is being in the car with an ex and not knowing where we were going. He was someone I connected with in a way I never had before and it was like nothing else mattered.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) it depends. If I want to learn code I would practice. If I want practice crossfit I do it. If I want to learn information I research it online and then apply it to what I am trying to learn.

I am good at organizing and planning. I am beyond terrible at maintaining it. Its not that I don't know how. I just dont.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I am not sure.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Neither? i think I conform myself to the group but not because I need group harmony.

It depends. I like bouncing ideas in a group. I like more in depth one-on-one. I think before speaking in a setting I don't feel confident but otherwise I don't think at all.

I jump into action I think... Not too sure.

I go out.

I complain to friends and can get moody.

When people are fake, when they think they are better than everyone because they married someone with money, sooo many things...

Whatever I am interested in at the moment. Today it may be myers briggs. Anything that I know nothing about and someone can tell me about it.

Details... I seem irresponsible because I'm late, forget to pay bills, and lose my keys.

The people who know me say that I am smart. They would never say I am aggressive.

Go somewhere I have never been with friends or learn something new or try something new.... pottery class, fencing, surfing... anything new.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Buuuuump. Anyone care to offer their $0.02?
I personally think you're more of an ENTP than an ENFP. I know an ENFP very well and you have quite a few differences in the T/F aspect. Also, some of your answers just didnt give away a hint of ENFP at all.

·
Banned
529 Posts
An advance warning that my honesty, required for this, tends to shock and offend. This will also be a very long post.

1. On self test I've done online, I don't have much if any preference for Intuition over Sensing or vice versa and sometimes come up as INTJ, others ISTJ, ISTP or even INTP once, despite these all being quite distinct personalities. I'm hoping that the opinions of others can add to the various self-tests I've done. I have spent a lot of time looking at both of the INTJ and ISTJ personality profiles and see similarities to me in both, I don't see a clear fit. I have seen a bit of me in the ISTP and INTP profiles I've read as well. The tests i have done always show strong Introversion and Thinking preferences, but the other two axes, especially the N/S one, I seem to have a foot in both camps. In practice that's a plus, obviously, but it doesn't make classification a smooth process.

2. That's a pretty broad question, I'll try my best to be concise. I fundamentally want to make a statement and career out of what I am passionate about - music - and do something that other people haven't. You know, make my mark on the world, and be admired and remembered for it, including after my death (I'd love a grand lifelike monument of me to be erected somewhere, actually...). Something very close to my heart is a desire for companionship, as well. My second major life goal is to get married and have a family of my own. I don't feel like a complete person on my own. I also have a number of ideas and plans about how my country, in fact...the entire world...could and should be better run and how a number of problems should and can be solved.

3. To be honest, I felt that i was at my finest when I was a young child. Life was going well for me, I was popular and healthy. I have a lot of fond memories of running around the playground and going to parties (sorry this sounds a bit odd, but if you ask...).

4. Not being as popular, intelligent, attractive and a whole lot of other things compared to most people.

5. How a decision would affect me in the future, what the consequences of various choices would be for me. I tend to think more long-term than short-term (too much so in the opinion of some). I generally see all these potential issues very quickly and how things could easily go wrong; this tends to make me delay decisions.

6. When working on a project I am likely to get bored, drift and rush to complete it at the last minute unless I am interested. If I enjoy I throw everything at it at the expense of other things, consume myself with it. I don't generally make detailed plans, I just do something. A lot of people think I am crazy when this happens but i am not, I have planned in my mind when and how I will do everything. I think most people find sudden outbursts of interest/energy disconcerting, as I'm usually pretty detached, but whatever. I always want to have control of the outcome of a project and prefer to work alone. Seeing the fruits of my labour is very important.

7. (I am just coming back from a holiday in Hawaii) I really enjoyed going on my own road trip around the island taking in all of the various sites to see. It's hard to describe how I felt about it, but I did feel happy and at ease. I could list what i did but that would be a bit exhaustive and boring for everyone.

8. When I want to learn something new, let's say a musical technique like counterpoint for convenience, I like a hands-on approach. I like being taught verbally, and then given exercises to do. I have a very good memory for things that I have learned through my own practical exercises and get taught verbally. I loathe rote learning and only read textbooks when I can't figure something out another way.

9. Extremely organized - when I can be bothered.

10. I try and understand the principles behind them to see if they make sense, I try to see whether they are logically compatible and also what the long-term effects of the idea would be if put into practice (as far as my interests are concerned).

11. Tough one. I have a very strong ethnic identity, but as far as finding harmony is concerned, I go my own way and pretty much all my beliefs have been made without guidance. As one example, my political views are not shared by anyone else in the family.

12. Usually I think before I speak. I don't say much and I'm a good listener, though sometimes I can't resist making a smart or sarcastic comment that I may regret later, people tend not to get my sense of humour. I definitely prefer one-on-one communication.

13. I would definitely like to know how deep the water is at the bottom of a cliff before I jump off it. Actions and words both can be used to great effect, and which medium I use it just depends on the situation.

14. It would depend on my energy level and how long I thought we were going to be out for.

15. RAAAAGE. (I get angry very quickly.)

16. I dislike people, especially females, who are overly extroverted. I don't like the mindless chit-chat, gossiping and giggling, and the desperation these people have to constantly be in packs. I need my man time.

17. Not really. I just like having someone else around to feel at peace/not lonely, but I don't require mental stimulation from other people.

18. My behaviour socially. I have very poor people skills.

19. Well I only have one friend and he lives in the US. He likes me primarily because he says I am the first person who he has met and been able to relate to. I think his perception about me is pretty accurate. I think we have a pretty straight down the line friendship, if there is something he is uncomfortable with, there aren't any secrets about it.

20. Sex with a sweet little thing before breakfast (who would then cook me breakfast). Then....I would like to go for a long walk in the forest, and then go to the gym. Come back home at the end of the day with a pleasurable amount of pain, then get changed, pick up the girl and go to the opera, take in some beautiful music while drinking a few glasses of wine and then watch live streaming of whatever international cricket is on in my bed until midnight. More sex before sleep. Perfect day...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, this is pretty long...

Note: I just realized this isn't even the right questionnaire for this thread. Oh well...

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 17, female, somewhat depressed, and often stressed due to all of the difficult classes I'm taking school.

2. Study these two images here (I don't have enough posts to include links, so look off of someone else's post for the link) Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I'm fairly sure you're all looking for something along the lines of "This picture expresses the broad expanse of consciousness" or "I like it because I think it symbolizesprofound emotions", which would "prove" that I was an iNtuitive. But since that was the first thought that came to mind when I saw the question, I don't know if it would honest if I answered that way. Knowing how my response will determine my results makes it so that even subconsciously, I might say what I want the results to be and not what I actually think. I can't answer this question without analyzing my response. Sorry, this response probably isn't helpful.... I'll say that I like the first one. I love the beauty of the sunset, cliche or no (does saying that make me sound like an SJ?), and the second one seems a little boring and mundane in comparison. Although the croissant looks yummy.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I've never actually written a cover letter (17, only job experience is babysitting.) It really depends on the type of job I would be applying for. I would probably talk about my skills in that job field and why they are useful. I'm sure you're all looking for something along the lines of "I would talk about how I'm a creative nonconformist thinker", but I'm not going to do that. That was my first thought upon reading this question, and I'm not sure whether I would be honest if I answered that way. It really depends on the job, and on what I'm like when I do that type of job. I don't think my babysitting clients care much if I'm a nonconformist thinker (if I even am); they just want to know if I'm good with kids.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be smart, kind, open-minded, loving, creative, innovative, independent, funny, and accomplish a lot of amazing things in many different areas. I would like to be a Renaissance woman. I would like to have more close friendships and better social skills (not meaning to be a stereotypical introvert, but I really am bad at that). I want to have an intimate loving relationship someday and spend my life with that person. I want use my intellect and any creativity that I possess to make or discover something incredible. I don't want to be mean, stupid, close-minded, weak, arrogant, or overbearing.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

There are probably some differences, but I don't know what they are. That's part of why I'm doing this - to get your opinions. I'm pretty sure I come across as shy, but I think beyond that it varies. I've had different responses over the years. One person told me they thought I was caring and helpful after I did a bunch of chores without being asked to, but that was mostly because I was having trouble getting involved in the conversations other people were having and decided to pretend I was busy rather than stand there and look like the pathetic loner with no social skills that I actually am. I'm not sure if I'm actually naturally caring and helpful. Probably not, to be honest.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

My top values on the test were:
1. Love (9 votes)
2. Clarity (8 votes)
3. Intelligence (7 votes)
4. Open-mindedness (5 votes)
5. Ingenuity (5 votes)
6. Independence (4 votes)
7. Creativity (4 votes)
8. Privacy (2 votes)
9. Humor (1 votes)
10. Beauty

Note: I'm defining clarity as clearness of perception and beauty as any aesthetically pleasing thing/image/idea. Beauty can be in the physical world, or it can be in a truth finally found after an extended search or the beauty of life in general.

I think it's better to be a loving idiot than an egotistical, uncaring brainiac, but nevertheless I highly value finding the truth with clarity, intelligence, ingenuity, and open-mindedness to both new and old ideas.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I can't think of any specific events... I think I generally try to figure out how the situation works, ask around to see if anyone knows anything helpful about the situation, and do some research if I have the chance. If it's a situation that seems inherently invasive, unsafe, or condemning, though, I can get pretty nervous and may be too paralyzed to make decisions if I'm scared.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I get stressed about homework a lot. This usually results in me avoiding it and procrastinating until it's absolutely necessary to work on it.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'm bad at these kinds of questions....

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I have trouble coming up with things to say, particularly in group settings where there are a lot of people who will jump in and say things before I get a chance to figure out what to say and how to phrase it. One on one is a little easier in that sense. Also, I've found that my one-on-one conversations are less likely to be about boring things like gossip, someone's selfies, etc.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I don't care much about tradition and customs for their own sake, but I don't go out of my way to be nonconformist either. It annoys me a lot when people use nonconformity as an excuse to just reject so-called "traditional" beliefs without ever stopping to think about whether there might actually be some truth in them. It drives me crazy because everyone around me seems to just conform to a set standard of so-called nonconformity, which is just as bad as conforming to those "traditions" (which no one even follows, because everyone rejects everything that is labelled "traditional". Just believe what you think is true and like what you want to like. Don't reject things simply because they are viewed as "traditional" or "conformist", and don't reject things simply because they're "nontraditional" or "nonconformist"! There are so many people around here who think they're so nonconformist just because they're liberal / nonreligious / pro-choice / things-labelled-traditional hating when actually they're just conforming to the norm in this part of the country. Don't only be openminded to ideas that are labelled nonconformist; also be openminded to ideas labelled traditional. Truth has nothing to do with the type of labels society puts on ideas. Don't reject it simply because it's seen as traditional now, look into it farther first just as you claim you do with "new" ideas (which, for the record, rarely seem to be actually new)!

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I usually follow authority because I don't want to deal with the consequences of rebelling. I'm too much of a coward, way too non-confrontational, and too uncomfortable with any sort of attention to ever be a rebel. I'm kind of a goody-two-shoes, to be honest - my version of rebelling is chewing gum in class. That doesn't mean that I agree in my mind with everything an authority says, though. I have often spotted logical fallacies in arguments made by authority figures. I often wonder about the other side's point of view during my teachers' lectures, but never actually speak up about it. I recognize that someone with more experience / education than me in a particular area probably has access to more information when making decisions, and so someone with the right kind of authority is more likely to be right than I am. But anyone can wrong, no matter how much value society places on a particular person's opinions; different authority figures disagree, and they can't all be right. And that includes me. I try to keep an open mind for that reason, and I hope I succeed at that most of the time.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I'm not all that orderly most of the time, but I'm not going to be that girl who's all like "Ooh, chaos, fun! I like the dark side muahahahaha!" I have too many friends who say things like that all the time and it's become irritating. But yeah, I'm pretty disorganized most of the time. My room, my backpack, my closet, my binder... It's all a mess.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I mostly fear being unloved and being stupid. This manifests in me trying overly hard to be an exceptional student and being pleasing and non-confrontational around people, because I want them to like me and not fight with me. That's not to say that I come across as someone who's all, "I just want to be loved!"... Or at least I think I don't. I rarely cry or anything like that. (I have to make an effort not to look like a robot when watching sad movies.) I'm definitely a closet romantic.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I don't even know... I want so many different things. I want true love (not just lust!). I want to find truth. I want to learn all about almost everything. I want to write stories and make art that capture people's imaginations. I want to understand my brain and personality, and other people's too. I want to make scientific discoveries that help people, or at least be the science writer that writes an article about it that is legible to the general public and explains just why it's so awesome. I want to correct false logic while still being kind. I want to be the kind of person that comes up with solutions that are both logical AND compassionate. Why can't you be both?

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Oddly enough, reading (particularly fiction or articles on Zite) often energizes me. Most people only seem to do it when they want to calm down. (I'm always being told that I should read right before bedtime to get myself to sleep, but all it does is keep my mind buzzing so I have even more trouble sleeping.) I read all the time for entertainment and inspiration. Writing can also give me energy if I have ideas, but I usually get stuck very quickly.

b) Small talk and gossip about celebrities or people I barely know. I'm sorry, I just don't care what Kim Kardashian did. Not only is gossip negative, I just don't have anything to contribute, and frankly I don't care. I don't care about your selfies either. I don't even care about my own selfies when I bother with them, why do you expect me to care about yours?

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I just want to get a clearer picture of who I am and what my strengths and weaknesses really are, regardless of what I think they are or want them to be. I think I'm probably an INTP, but I show some signs of other types too.

Reasons for INTP:
•Overanalyze everything
•Really absentminded
•Want everything to make logical sense
•Really quiet
•Really unobservant of the world around me
•Really forgetful of everyday details like where I put something, what I ate for lunch, when a certain event will take place, etc.
•Good with patterns and making connections (usually)
•Prefer learning big ideas / concepts rather than just memorizing a bunch of names / dates / non-useful details
•Rarely emotional (but when I am, I'm very depressed or embarrassed rather than just somewhat depressed or embarrassed. It's kind of all or nothing, with the majority of the time being nothing.)
•Like and am good at math and science
•Usually score as INTP on cognitive function tests

Reasons for other types:
•Do everything I can to avoid confrontation, so often conform in action (although not in thought, I think)
•Not rebellious or atheistic (Catholic, actually. It makes more sense to me.)
•Not very blunt... I often wrap the truth in a good sugar coating or am really vague when my friends ask me for opinions
•Am very insecure
•Care a lot about being kind and loving, as well as being loved
•Often have trouble coming up with ideas, especially ideas to write about (particularly for English prompts that require referencing an event in my past, or questions like #9). I would love to be fiction writer but often get stuck REALLY quickly. Sometimes I think this mostly a lack of sleep issue, but I'm not sure. I can come up with ideas fairly quickly when I'm in an open-ended setting where it could be an idea about literally anything (vague ideas for a new story, a to-do item that I will probably never do, a question to google, a new theory about cognitive functions, a way to decorate my house, etc.), but it's hard to get the ideas flowing about a specific prompt sometimes.
I don't feel very iNtuitive sometimes, despite cognitive function tests. I was creative as a little kid, but don't feel all that creative any more. It's more that I just don't think I have much Si or Se. I guess I'm still in the stages of developing my iNtuition (remember I'm still a teenager), if I'm even right about my type to begin with. If you think about iNtuition in terms of making connections, seeing patterns in data easily, and preferring to learn concepts rather than memorize a bunch of tiny details and names, then I definitely do that a lot (especially when compared to noticing my surroundings and remembering to do physical things). But if you're talking about iNtuition in terms of following gut feelings (I don't think I really get them, I tend to just analyze and trust logic instead), not caring about facts and details (how can you see the big picture correctly if your data was wrong?), and trusting untested ideas over experience (I need a REALLY good logical reason to trust something that hasn't been tested over something that I know for sure will work, statistically speaking the tested idea is far more likely to work, so unless it's a really low-pressure situation I would go with the tested idea), then that doesn't sound like me. Frankly I don't like some of the words used to describe iNtuition - I think they're a little too subjective and it's very easy to interpret them with the wrong connotations. I think I associate a lot of those words with making decisions based on feelings (as opposed to thinking and analyzing). But maybe that's just me. Or maybe I'm just not an iNtuitive. I don't know.

Enneagram trifix: 5w6, 9w1, 2w3

Keys to Cognition:

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********** (11.5)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.9)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.1)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.8)
limited use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (37)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46.1)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.7)
average use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.5)
average use

Similar Minds cognitive function test:

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Can't think of anything in particular...

Wow that was long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So test I did a while back said I was an INFP (nd very marginal on everything) but I've also been typed as an ENFP both by a test I just did and people I am closest to

I am shy in social situations (like, large groups of people) unless I have one/two close friends to share the fun with... then I go all out and become this massively people person. I like my time alone BUT if I havent spent time with people Im close to/talked to them for a day or so I get really really lonely and have lack of energy.

Peace, stability of some sort of platform of my life from which I can go out and do crazy, unpredictable, adventurous type things with friends

Was sailing round carribbean with family when young. Loved the travel, the adventure, but also having a home that came with you and frequent contact with family

People who do things better than me. Not being a "good enough" person.

I think about people and how i feel about it. Pros and cons happen if its a bigger decision but smaller ones tend to be influenced by the first two.

I want it to be perfect, creative, different, but will procrastinate. If i change my ideas halfway thru I will go with it to see where it leads.

Went tramping for 5 days with boyfriend. spent an hour playing on iced-over ponds, was hilarious trying to walk on it. then he fell in :/ soon as he was out it cracked me up so much, so unexpected. that whole trip was fun-- we explored heaps of things XD.

Ummmmm I can route memorize something but generally if I really want to learn it I read through it once/do it once and it sticks for knowledge type stuff. Physical activities? practice makes perfect I spose.

Getting better. Mums a drill sergeant so I try to learn off her. if i dont put effort into it things start getting VERY sloppy, whoops!

principles then information that supports it and then try to apply it to a past experience that i have had. discuss pros/cons with others.

the former

thinks before speaking unless Im in an emotional blur. one on one is easier but up to 3 person discussion is pleasant :)

I like to know if its dangerous but I generally will go for it. Words are important but actions have more meaning for me.

ummm do I have work tomorrow? do you guys wanna come over? Im not the clubbing type.

things stop making sense, i panic, try to ignore it, or hide

If they are mean to others/me, if they are discriminating. patience is something I like. Bossiness isnt so much but I can tolerate it.

I am pretty keen on any topic of conversation communicating and finding out what other people think about the world are the interesting bits.

deadlines? hahaha

they see me as happy. I have high/low swings in terms of mood but can hide it pretty easy. they would never see me as depressed unless i told them.

walk my favourite dog, go for a horse ride with my friend, chill out somewhere and talk, read a bit

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm not logical enough to be an NT, I do not care enough about people to be NF, SP is out of the question since I'm a shut-in, and I do not care about traditions, so I'm probably out of the SJ temperament.

I see Se, Si, Te, and Fe as the weak parts of my personality and Ne, Ni, Ti, and Fi as possible dominant functions, depending on the day.

Success, intelligence, and comfort.

I don't want to call myself a perfectionist--because I do not have the attention span or passion to be one--but I think the Stanley Kubrick method is the right way to do things. I often quadruple check for faults when working on the things I'm interested in. These precautions are synonymous with making a great product, and with enough great products, a person becomes successful.

Intelligence is important because knowledge is a leverage, and a powerful one at that. It is the inventors and scientists of the world who are progressing our society towards the future, and very few people would dare call them idiots. Not that I want to change the world, but I want the leverage of knowing.

Comfort is a universal want. It is important to have somewhere to live and have enough money to afford groceries and other necessities.

Applying to the prestigious Calarts back in January. Do I think I'll get in? Most likely not, but I can say that I tried. I feel like less of a failure simply by trying.

Success stories. I can't help but compare my situation to the situation of others.

Objective evidence. For example, my mother wanted me to apply to a school down here, and I knew from the alumni sheet that I would not end up where I want to be. Calarts has produced many successful storytellers who have shaped the way stories are told, and are considered unanimously to be the best for what I want to do.

My emphasis is on making the best possible product in the shortest amount of time. I like to have control of every aspect, although I am always open to the suggestions of others.

Every time I go to Disney World or Universal. The atmosphere, the rides, the food, etc.

I often theorize, and my memory is terrible. However, I prefer to learn by hand in terms of drawing, playing video games, etc.

1 being organized and 10 being messy, I'm about a 7 or 8.

A little bit of both, actually. However, I'm terrible at retaining information.

Neither.

It is not my job to harmonize groups and I have no idea who I am or what I truly believe in.

I usually have a thin idea of what to say before I blurt it out. I prefer one-on-one communication.

I like to know where I'm jumping. Actions do speak louder than words.

If I had friends, I'd tell them I'm watching the show and they can come over if they want to. Then again, I could just record the show.

Worried.

Arrogance, obnoxious and/or attention-seeking behavior, unintelligent rantings masked as life lessons.

Nope.

Details of my surrounding environment.

My "best friend" thinks I'm a great person. He is wrong because I am not. He would say I'm funny and awesome.

None of this is made up; he's an idiot.

I always have the whole day to do what I want, and I usually watch TV, read, or mess around on the internet.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts