Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a different question about a week ago but my answers were a little short and I've decided to do a different questionnaire and try to answer the questions in more depth and a bit more personal.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male - 18 - I currently have a clear mind and I am currently under no mental impairments that could affect my answers.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/odonataman/16845809595/in/explore-2015-03-17/

This is the photo that stood out the most to me. I love the use of the blue colours, it's very vibrant without the use of a huge range of vivid colours. It's also interesting to see a bug very close up with that great of quality. I like how surreal it is as well, you can see all the hairs and the almost beehive like eyes.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thought would be what the fuck is happening, why is it doing this and then I'll probably start worrying about if we'll make it to the concert on time. I'll most likely start asking questions like "What's wrong with the car", "How long will it take to fix" or "Are you going to call someone to come fix it or what?" to whoever owns the car. I'll probably get really frustrated if we have to wait and have the possibility of missing some of the concert. I'll probably also start swearing and other profanities to express my frustration and sheer anger.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

An after party sounds fun as long as the group/people I know are going and will keep together the night. I'll probably go the party with them and have a few drinks with possible intentions of getting drunk and chat with them although I probably won't chat with any strangers unless a friend is. If I trust the driver or not though to not drink aswell, I may put in a word to him every so often to not drink too much.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Depending on the friend. If I know my friend to be intelligent I may ask him the evidence or reasoning behind his claim and explain to him my belief and see his reaction/argument with it. If I know the friend is in my experience to be not that intelligent or critical in his claims then I'll probably tell him my belief trying to overrule his and again asking his reasoning.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It sort of depends on what the belief is. I'm not to sure of this one. I probably wouldn't be very insertive about my belief and will let it pass. If it's really that much of a problem to me I'll maybe ask someone about it hoping to better my understanding of it. If it really is something I dislike that clashes then I'll maybe be insertive about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

- Loyalty - This is probably my most important value. I think being loyal and trustworthy is a great trait and really helps with everything as it's probably what gets the most praise when done. This value will probably get thrown out of the window if someone is unloyal, simple as.
- Manners/courtesy - Very important, they show a great ordeal about a person and their upbringing. They'll probably change if I grow an intense dislike for someone who doesn't show any manners or is plain right out a horrible person.
- Gratitude - I think being grateful for having what you have is a great way to show something in a person. I very much hate people who whine about materialistic things and not being able to have them, It's normal to want something but whining is not going to get you anywhere. I don't think this value will change, being grateful and saying thank you will always be there.
- Honesty - Just being forward and honest about everything, we're all people and we all make mistakes. This value will probably change if someone isn't being honest themselves or if my problems/self image will be made fun off if I tell them about them.
- Willingness to do (not to sure of a word for it) - I think just doing something is a good value in itself. People complain about problems and don't bother fixing it. I think having the willingness just to go right ahead and do it is a good value. Will be challenged if the thing needed being done is really not worth it.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

The one thing about my personality would probably be that I don't talk a lot which may be perceived as being shy but I just don't like talking. I only really input if it's really that important and I won't be judged. I would probably change my sort of private-like personality in which I don't like to tell much of myself to anyone or start conversations so I may be perceived as distant or hard to know.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think they'll be triggered in situations in which I need to make a decision quickly and efficiently. If after thinking about the gut-feeling really makes sense, I'll act on it and if it doesn't I may ask someone elses opinion.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I'll probably be energized most as hands on activities or ones that are new to me or I haven't done in a long time. An example would be like, camping or going to a concert. The activities that drain me the most are probably the long, boring and tedious tasks/activities such as at the moment I'm doing a 3D modelling project which is draining as It's again very long, boring and tedious and I've already been doing it for years so it's nothing new.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I kind of repress my enthusiasm about things as it may be seen as weird or I'll be called something because I know too much about it. I'll probably also repress doing something that I may fail out for fear of failing it.

I hope that's enough to wrap your head around and get an idea of my type. Ask more questions if need be. If something in here seems to short, I will try and add more to it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
Not sure if ESTP or ISTP.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
Well you seem very Ti / Fe in your thinking / feeling / judging process. Can't really pin you down as either SP or NT on your temperment though. Both are Abstract types vs Concrete... meaning they are interested in and talk about future, possibilities, potential, ideas, over objective reality, people, places, etc. Your reaction to the car breaking down was very future oriented... Are we going to make the concert?!

Utilitarian vs Cooperative is a bit harder to figure out in you. When taking action a utilitarian would most likely gravitate toward the choice that gets results in the most efficient and effective way. Somone who is cooperative would gravitate more towards adhereing to what they consider is right. Obvioiusly both are important and everyone considers those two things in some aspect... it is just a matter of where the primary focus usually lies.

Utilitarian would make you NT temperment so INTP, Cooperative would make you SP temerment so ISTP. Which do you think you lean towards?

Additionally I would clearly put you as an introverted over extroverted. ie: your expressed shyness as well as the fact you like to stay close to the herd (close friends) when in social situations. Your reponse to the energy question was vague and hinted a little at the possiblity of extroversion though. Lets rephrase:

It is Saturday and you are drained after a long week. You have nothing else that needs doing so you are completely free to recharge and do things that you enjoy. What sort of things would you choose to do?

Alternately check the new scenario based typing questionnaire I developed... help me test it out in the process of nailing down your type.

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...t-scenario-based-type-questionnaire-test.html

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well you seem very Ti / Fe in your thinking / feeling / judging process. Can't really pin you down as either SP or NT on your temperment though. Both are Abstract types vs Concrete... meaning they are interested in and talk about future, possibilities, potential, ideas, over objective reality, people, places, etc. Your reaction to the car breaking down was very future oriented... Are we going to make the concert?!

Utilitarian vs Cooperative is a bit harder to figure out in you. When taking action a utilitarian would most likely gravitate toward the choice that gets results in the most efficient and effective way. Somone who is cooperative would gravitate more towards adhereing to what they consider is right. Obvioiusly both are important and everyone considers those two things in some aspect... it is just a matter of where the primary focus usually lies.

Utilitarian would make you NT temperment so INTP, Cooperative would make you SP temerment so ISTP. Which do you think you lean towards?

Additionally I would clearly put you as an introverted over extroverted. ie: your expressed shyness as well as the fact you like to stay close to the herd (close friends) when in social situations. Your reponse to the energy question was vague and hinted a little at the possiblity of extroversion though. Lets rephrase:

It is Saturday and you are drained after a long week. You have nothing else that needs doing so you are completely free to recharge and do things that you enjoy. What sort of things would you choose to do?

Alternately check the new scenario based typing questionnaire I developed... help me test it out in the process of nailing down your type.

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...t-scenario-based-type-questionnaire-test.html
I wouldn't trust anything you've designed from the post above.

Firstly, you're relying on Keirsey to type. Secondly, you've stated incorrect facts - the SP temperament is concrete utilitarian.

If you're going to use a shit means of typology, at least get the facts right.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
@Lord Fudgingsley you are right on the SP temperment... I got mixed up on that... Abstract Cooperative would make him NF not SP. Not sure why I screwed that up... I think I was juggling too many things in my brain at once when I wrote it.

People keep saying that about using Keirsey's but I don't understand what the problem is with merging them with the cognitive functions when determining MBTI type, aren't they linked?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Jinsei Would it be useless doing your scenario questionnaire then?

·
Banned
13 Posts
I would agree with the *STP analysis. Every answer screams S. Takes things at face value, figures out practical scenarios, values very traditional traits in other people, lists camping/concert as fun and not 3d modeling. Se-Ni.

And I'd agree the Ti-Fe, though less sure on that one.

If you have a dominant Se function, Axwell, that means your fourth letter will be P automatically. So you're *S*P. And I think your T is stronger than your F, so you're *STP.

But I think your Se is stronger than your Ti, so I'd say ESTP.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would agree with the *STP analysis. Every answer screams S. Takes things at face value, figures out practical scenarios, values very traditional traits in other people, lists camping/concert as fun and not 3d modeling. Se-Ni.

And I'd agree the Ti-Fe, though less sure on that one.

If you have a dominant Se function, Axwell, that means your fourth letter will be P automatically. So you're *S*P. And I think your T is stronger than your F, so you're *STP.

But I think your Se is stronger than your Ti, so I'd say ESTP.
Thanks for the answer. STP does seem like the general census so I think I'm going to stick with that. I'm hoping to get more opinions/answers before I definitely can say I'm either an ISTP or ESTP.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts