Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to get a second opinion perhaps. Tried to answer the best I could.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nope. I'm in a pretty decent state of mind right now.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INTJ, ENTJ, INTP, ENTP

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

1. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mripke/17403747945/in/explore-2015-05-07

First off, cool architecture. Secondly, it looks like a harp.

2. https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterjack/17215306818/in/explore-2015-05-07

House Tyrell sigil, Game of Thrones

4 .You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

If what he's saying isn't interrupting my work, I join in on the conversation while doing what I need to do. I can work and talk about interesting things at the same time.

5a . What are some of your most important values?

Freedom, Intelligence, Efficiency, Open mindedness, Honesty, Logic

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Not really.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

My first response is to inquire. I ask how he/she came to this conclusion.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Having a conversation with someone sharing a mutual interest or with an open minded person who is willing to have a rational conversation.
I am also energized when I get to do or learn new things. Doing the same thing over and over again bores me to death.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Arguing with irrational or close-minded people, or when I have to cater to someone's emotions.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Not sure. I get bored if I'm alone for too long, but I don't consider myself an outgoing people-person either. I'd say I'm probably an ambivert. As far as MBTI Introversion and Extroversion goes, I could be one of many types. The main two being INTJ/ENTJ. It's all about function order and I have determined my functions are likely Ni-Te-Fi-Se, or Te-Ni-Se-Fi. I seek to learn all I can about the external world so I can better navigate through it. I'm a visual learner. I learn things best by doing things.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

My greatest strengths are that I'm Intelligent, hard working, open minded, imaginative.
My weakness are that I get impatient, slow at getting started(but hard working once I do), can be arrogant, and a bit selfish.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I'm stressed I become moody and irritable. I tend to snap at people. I also tend to spend more time alone when moody.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

If you insult my intelligence, at the least, expect sarcasm. At the worst, expect wrath.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

My mind never shuts up. One minute I'm thinking about deep philosophy, the next minute I'm thinking about current events in the news, then the next minute I'm thinking about Game of Thrones, then religion, then science, then my favorite rock band, and so on. The most common thoughts running through my mind are: "Where is humanity going in the future", "Where do I fit in the world", "How can I make the world a better place to live in", "Why do people behave this way", and so on.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is
bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I view constructive feedback as an opportunity for improvement. As long as the feedback is helpful.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Negatory.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, here are my notes:

#4 shows you are not opposed to Ne, and #7 suggests you might enjoy it. From my experience as an NJ, and my observations of other NJs, we tend to have a moderate to low threshold for Ne. We definitely do not want to be dealing with it when we're trying to work. During leisure time, we can handle it and enjoy it, but only if we're relaxing and ready for it.

#6 Could be extraverted perception, could be you're a P-dominant, could be both (Pe-dom, and given your other answers, iNtuiting, not Sensing).

#8 But what gives you the most energy and what drains you? Try not to think of I/E in terms of being alone or not; I'm an introvert who does her best introverting around people (which led me to mistakenly consider Extraversion - in truth, I just need people around to make sure I don't fall into the pit of despair that is my Si), I have a friend who extraverts through social media and discovering new ideas but feels uncomfortable in social situations (which led him to mis-type as an Introvert for over six years), etc.

#5a/7b can point to a T preference. It's not greatly exhibited here, but I have no reason to argue for or against it.

So I'm leaning towards an NP type for you, it seems. But I mean, this is just rudimentary, of course.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
My guess is INTP, you're very concise with your responses, and overall, it gives a Ti vibe, but not enough Ne to be purely crazy/ENTP. #7a seems like Ne, and #7b seems like Ti dominance, whereas #10 seems like inferior Fe to me, so yeah, INTP.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
#4 shows you are not opposed to Ne, and #7 suggests you might enjoy it. From my experience as an NJ, and my observations of other NJs, we tend to have a moderate to low threshold for Ne. We definitely do not want to be dealing with it when we're trying to work. During leisure time, we can handle it and enjoy it, but only if we're relaxing and ready for it.
I think over the years, I've been able to develop the ability to use both introverted and extroverted sides of most functions. For example, I constantly see myself using both Ti and Te. (Te: planning things in advance, making a system more efficient or easy, taking notes when learning. and Ti:critical thinking, occasional over-analysis, enjoy philosophical thinking). Same goes with others. I wish there were more questions so I could go into more detail on these things.

#8 But what gives you the most energy and what drains you? Try not to think of I/E in terms of being alone or not; I'm an introvert who does her best introverting around people (which led me to mistakenly consider Extraversion - in truth, I just need people around to make sure I don't fall into the pit of despair that is my Si), I have a friend who extraverts through social media and discovering new ideas but feels uncomfortable in social situations (which led him to mis-type as an Introvert for over six years), etc.
Things that energize me: Learning new things, researching an interesting theory, getting out of the house. going on vacation, going out and doing things with people I like. I don't go to large gatherings that often, but I recently had about 20 people in my house last weekend to watch the fight on Showtime. I felt surprising energetic. Not super energetic, but more than I usually am. I actually made conversation with people. I didn't zone out much like I tend to do. But then again, I wasn't dealing with any of the kinds of people that I will be mentioning on the next list.

Things that drain me: Morons, close-minded people, heavy drunks, and jerks. I'm also drained by boredom, repetition, stagnation, being controlled, being lectured(I learn by visual and by doing things, I am a terrible listener), stress, and so on.

#5a/7b can point to a T preference. It's not greatly exhibited here, but I have no reason to argue for or against it.
Thinking is definitely my strongest trait. Everyone who knows me would tell you the same.

So I'm leaning towards an NP type for you, it seems. But I mean, this is just rudimentary, of course.
Perhaps. Just wanted some more opinions on it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think over the years, I've been able to develop the ability to use both introverted and extroverted sides of most functions. For example, I constantly see myself using both Ti and Te. (Te: planning things in advance, making a system more efficient or easy, taking notes when learning. and Ti:critical thinking, occasional over-analysis, enjoy philosophical thinking). Same goes with others. I wish there were more questions so I could go into more detail on these things.
Those are pretty simplistic/behavioral-based examples, but I think I understand what you mean. I do have this theory that when a person can easily use both "sides" of a function, they tend to have a strong preference for that function - I'm an N dom, and I can switch between both attitudes fairly easy, F doms can do Fi and Fe without losing energy, etc - so I will acknowledge that you prefer Thinking.

Things that energize me: Learning new things, researching an interesting theory, getting out of the house. going on vacation, going out and doing things with people I like. I don't go to large gatherings that often, but I recently had about 20 people in my house last weekend to watch the fight on Showtime. I felt surprising energetic. Not super energetic, but more than I usually am. I actually made conversation with people. I didn't zone out much like I tend to do. But then again, I wasn't dealing with any of the kinds of people that I will be mentioning on the next list.

Things that drain me: Morons, close-minded people, heavy drunks, and jerks. I'm also drained by boredom, repetition, stagnation, being controlled, being lectured(I learn by visual and by doing things, I am a terrible listener), stress, and so on.
Given this, I'd say Introversion is slightly more likely than Extraversion, but that's something that tends to be hard to type online; you know you better than I do. I'm agreeing with Barakiel - based on what's provided, INTP is my best guess. How do you relate (if at all) to a Ti-Ne-Si-Fe stacking?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Answers are so short. So little to work with. I would say a). Not a Ji dom b). either ENFP with Te fascination or ENTP with a shitty Fe. I don't think you are INTP or, God forbid, INFP.

Do you resonate with this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are pretty simplistic/behavioral-based examples, but I think I understand what you mean. I do have this theory that when a person can easily use both "sides" of a function, they tend to have a strong preference for that function - I'm an N dom, and I can switch between both attitudes fairly easy, F doms can do Fi and Fe without losing energy, etc - so I will acknowledge that you prefer Thinking.
It's mainly "T" and "N" I switch around a lot. Some examples:

Te: Take deadlines seriously, prefer planning things in advance rather than spontaneously, taking notes when learning.
Ti: Critical thinking, analyze things to death, enjoy deep thinking and conversation.
Ne: Make witty jokes, messing with people/trolling, occasionally have an on the spot moment of creativity.
Ni: Often think in images rather than words, sometimes just knowing things without being able to explain why and being right.

Given this, I'd say Introversion is slightly more likely than Extraversion, but that's something that tends to be hard to type online; you know you better than I do. I'm agreeing with Barakiel - based on what's provided, INTP is my best guess. How do you relate (if at all) to a Ti-Ne-Si-Fe stacking?
I'm still not quite sure. I think I'm a bit more Se than Si. Si's are supposed to be body/health conscious and traditional, and I'm just not. I sometimes think about past experiences in relation to the present, but I don't most of the time. I prefer novelty and experiencing new things. With Fe vs Fi, I generally go by my own rules as long as it hurts nobody. That being said I have considered the possibility of Ti-Se-Ni-Fe(ISTP), but still not certain.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Te: Take deadlines seriously, prefer planning things in advance rather than spontaneously, taking notes when learning.
Ti: Critical thinking, analyze things to death, enjoy deep thinking and conversation.
Ne: Make witty jokes, messing with people/trolling, occasionally have an on the spot moment of creativity.
Ni: Often think in images rather than words, sometimes just knowing things without being able to explain why and being right.

Si's are supposed to be body/health conscious and traditional, and I'm just not. I sometimes think about past experiences in relation to the present, but I don't most of the time.

I prefer novelty and experiencing new things.

With Fe vs Fi, I generally go by my own rules as long as it hurts nobody.
Okay, I'm gonna have to come right out and say it - these aren't really examples of the functions so much as behaviors associated with the types associated with the functions (if that makes any sense). For instance, xNxP types are often thought to be childlike and humorous, but that isn't what Ne is about. xSxJ types are often stuck with the "boring, shallow, traditionalist" label, which is a) unfair, and b) not at all what Si is. The Si/Ne combo often wrestles against each other, but when working together, it allows for a fantastic understanding of patterns.

I do agree with TheEpicPolymath, though, I see no evidence of Ni, and your examples of Ni ... aren't Ni. Kinda like how your Te is more just time management, not Te. I suggest researching the functions on their own first, without immediately worrying about how they act in certain types.

And can we please stop saying Ti-types are all *uniquely critical thinkers* ? Like they need even bigger heads :tongue:

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think ENTJ

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do agree with TheEpicPolymath, though, I see no evidence of Ni, and your examples of Ni ... aren't Ni. Kinda like how your Te is more just time management, not Te. I suggest researching the functions on their own first, without immediately worrying about how they act in certain types.
After reading more into it I realized than I'm definitely Ne. I've also noticed 3/4 members in my family are also Ne. I fall into the Ne stereotype of obsessing over something for a while, then get bored of it and move on to the next thing(Ooh, shiny). That behavior I attributed to Se but it was Ne all along. My humor is also very Ne. I think my Te examples are more just things I learned from school/work/family that I kept doing later in life(scheduling, taking notes). I definitely identify more with Ti than Te. My mom told me I used to take my toys apart to see how they worked. Ne and Ti are effortless for me. Also the Te example where I talked about making an existing system easier and more efficient was, yet again, another Ne thing. This is why I'm sticking to ENTP/INTP.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Honestly your questionnaire was really short (seems to be sort of a trend among extroverts - too much stuff to do to sit and introspect). So short in fact that we can't really make a good case for a type due how little info is there to interpreter. I'd suggest for you yourself to check Intuitive Logical Extratim - Wikisocion since I find "generic" traits descriptions of types to be a little more than Zodiac (with a possible exception of this site Portrait of an ENTP somehow I think it does fine job at types without going into special snowflake territory). Also, if you are type 8 you can give off "ETJ impression" as opposed to more glutton wacko attitude of 7s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.