Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Uhm my mood swings I guess? Also that fact that I appear to have "personality swings".

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Uhm I don't really know. At the moment I just wish to know how I really am inside.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It was when I was finally able to reveal my true feelings to a person I love.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
The fact that I feel like I was born damaged due to some issues I have since I was born. But now I partially got over that feel because I realized that some people have it worse than I do (not that it makes it any easier, but).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My own feelings/intuitions about the thing. I almost always follow my instinct and how I feel about something when making a decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I try to have control on it, but starting and ending projects it's difficult for me.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I went to a big karate gym with my karate group for a massive training of about 3 hours. It was tiring but I loved it. I remember it like if it was a dream.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
It usually depends but I'm more of a hands-on type. I learn better by visualizing/experiencing than by studying the theory.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm quite disorganized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by following what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I am both. At times I think before speaking and other times I speak without thinking first.
I prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'd like to think about it first but usually I forget about it and jump into action without thinking first.
I think action speaks more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I guess I'd go with my friends if I like the place they are inviting me to. I can find that episode on the web, so it's no problem.
If I didn't like the place they are inviting me to I would tell them I don't want to go out and watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I usually get angry and scream and break stuff.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Usually the fact that they consider themselves the most unfortunate people on Earth when they are not and the fact they want to change me/hurt me or someone I really care about.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
My interests.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I think people I care nothing about.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me in many different ways. Some perceive me as one who acts harsh but is actually sweet; others as the opposite, aka as one that is sweet on the outside and harsh inside; others as one who looks cold on the outside but is sweet inside. All of them seem to agree on the fact that I have mood swings and that I am not a very "girly" girl.
I think that the flaw in their perception is that they just tend to see one side of me and not the others (just like everyone, I don't have only one side of me).
I know my friends would never say that I am a bully.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Uhm play video games, read sci-fi or fantasy books, draw, and then I don't know... I don't have an actual plan in mind and maybe I'd forget to do some of the things I listed and do other things instead...

·
Banned
964 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Uhm my mood swings I guess? Also that fact that I appear to have "personality swings".

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Uhm I don't really know. At the moment I just wish to know how I really am inside.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It was when I was finally able to reveal my true feelings to a person I love.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
The fact that I feel like I was born damaged due to some issues I have since I was born. But now I partially got over that feel because I realized that some people have it worse than I do (not that it makes it any easier, but).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My own feelings/intuitions about the thing. I almost always follow my instinct and how I feel about something when making a decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I try to have control on it, but starting and ending projects it's difficult for me.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I went to a big karate gym with my karate group for a massive training of about 3 hours. It was tiring but I loved it. I remember it like if it was a dream.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
It usually depends but I'm more of a hands-on type. I learn better by visualizing/experiencing than by studying the theory.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm quite disorganized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by following what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I am both. At times I think before speaking and other times I speak without thinking first.
I prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'd like to think about it first but usually I forget about it and jump into action without thinking first.
I think action speaks more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I guess I'd go with my friends if I like the place they are inviting me to. I can find that episode on the web, so it's no problem.
If I didn't like the place they are inviting me to I would tell them I don't want to go out and watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I usually get angry and scream and break stuff.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Usually the fact that they consider themselves the most unfortunate people on Earth when they are not and the fact they want to change me/hurt me or someone I really care about.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
My interests.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I think people I care nothing about.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me in many different ways. Some perceive me as one who acts harsh but is actually sweet; others as the opposite, aka as one that is sweet on the outside and harsh inside; others as one who looks cold on the outside but is sweet inside. All of them seem to agree on the fact that I have mood swings and that I am not a very "girly" girl.
I think that the flaw in their perception is that they just tend to see one side of me and not the others (just like everyone, I don't have only one side of me).
I know my friends would never say that I am a bully.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Uhm play video games, read sci-fi or fantasy books, draw, and then I don't know... I don't have an actual plan in mind and maybe I'd forget to do some of the things I listed and do other things instead...
I'm going to go for ISFP.

Just out of interest, what sci-fi and fantasy novels do you like? (They're my favourite genres.) :)

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
ISFP was my guess, too. I'm not sure if there's enough there to determine whether you're more introverted or extroverted, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ISFP was my guess, too. I'm not sure if there's enough there to determine whether you're more introverted or extroverted, though.
I guess I am an introvert, or at least I've never scored as an extravert on the myers-briggs tests or any other personality test.

Just out of interest, what sci-fi and fantasy novels do you like? (They're my favourite genres.) :)
As for sci-fi I loved the Space Trilogy by Lewis and some books by Fred Hoyle.
As for fantasy the Harry Potter saga (I'm not sure but I think it can be classified as fantasy), The Lord of the Rings, the tales by Edgar Allan Poe (they're actually a mix between fantasy and horror).
These are the ones I liked the most.

·
Registered
337 Posts
ISFP.

And here is the reason why-

You are INTROVERTED-
"I'd like to think about it first."
"I prefer one-on-one communication"

You are a PERCEIVER-
"I'm quite disorganized."
"I'd like to think about it first but usually I forget about it and jump into action without thinking first."

You are SENSOR-
"My own feelings/intuitions about the thing. I almost always follow my instinct"
Don't you think that that the words in are quite contradictory. You say you use intuition, then you talk that you follow your instincts.
Moreover. in question 20, you have mentioned that ""I don't have an actual plan in mind". So, It proves that you not INTUITIVE, BUT A SENSOR.
One more, "I'm more of a hands-on type"- A line usually said extraverted sensors.

FEELER or THINKER?
I found no real evidence supporting this. But I would like to say a few things-
1. No one goes through "personality swings". It might be that you are so much into personality typing that you have a fair idea how every type operates. Maybe you just want to experiment, while discovering yourself. Have you ever tried to get organised? Have you ever tried to make plans and follow them? Are you really cold, or just act to hide what you think of as "GIRLY". If you do, have you thought "why?"

I think instead of discovering yourself, you should try to accept yourself.

However, your inclination is towards Fi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you think that that the words in are quite contradictory. You say you use intuition, then you talk that you follow your instincts.
Maybe I used the words inappropriately? I'll explain it better: I suddenly see in my mind the picture of what I should do at a given time and then do it at that given time. That given time might be there at the moment on the spot or in two hours, or more.
I also tend to have the feelings about how a particular situation is going to develop (they come spontaneously to my mind, I could describe them as "flashes") and I usually guess right what it's going to happen.
1. No one goes through "personality swings".
Seems fair.
People have told me that I have "personality swings". I guess they were just trying to say "mood swings"?
It might be that you are so much into personality typing that you have a fair idea how every type operates.
I'd very much like to have a good idea of how every type works, but unfortunately I don't.
Maybe you just want to experiment, while discovering yourself.
What do you mean by "experiment" here?
Have you ever tried to get organised? Have you ever tried to make plans and follow them?
I have tried to do both things, but I fail each time I try.
Are you really cold, or just act to hide what you think of as "GIRLY".
I don't know if I am really cold or not. I know that sometimes I act cold because I don't like to show my feelings, but other times it's just my natural behaviour.
I don't try to hide what I think of as "girly" because I don't even really know what people mean by "girly". I just I've been told I am not. I guess people refer to the fact I don't wear make-up/don't wear feminine dresses?

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
It seems that you're ISFP.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Maybe I used the words inappropriately? I'll explain it better: I suddenly see in my mind the picture of what I should do at a given time and then do it at that given time. That given time might be there at the moment on the spot or in two hours, or more.
I also tend to have the feelings about how a particular situation is going to develop (they come spontaneously to my mind, I could describe them as "flashes") and I usually guess right what it's going to happen.
This is probably a description of what's called Introverted iNtuition (Ni). Only NJs and SPs use this function to any great extent, so you can basically rule out being an NP or SJ type if you use this often.

You appear to use it in an SP short-term way rather than an NJ long-term way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts