Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
This is an alternate questionnaire form you can fill out and post in order to help determine your Cognitive Functions!

Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Thank you to everyone who provided input and feedback. More suggestions are welcome; I can always make a new revision.

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
( Deleted )

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Reactions: Spades

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
This was actually a very, very strong questionnaire ... much stronger than the previous one.

I have been able to mentally type people within the first 5-6 questions .. seriously.

The picture one usually reveals a lot well before people start talking about themselves. I can also tell when people are trying too hard to access parts of their brain that they're not most comfortable with.

Kudos! :)

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
This questionnaire is really good. I already like it (and hey, it's new, so it must be cool, right? 7 philosophy here).

And I see that you incorporated my suggestions! Whoa! An instant internet boner :D

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmmmm, juicy questionssss....
"Juicy" is exactly how I describe things like this! Awesome ^_^

This questionnaire is really good. I already like it (and hey, it's new, so it must be cool, right? 7 philosophy here).

And I see that you incorporated my suggestions! Whoa! An instant internet boner :D
You know you like it ^_~

And yeah, I put in 1-2 of your questions, as well as the rest of your suggestions, more subtly. They were a great help!

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Something that occured to me while filling my own questionnaire - possible question #11:

Which of the previous questions was the easiest to answer? Which was the hardest? Why?

(for example, the question about values was the hardest, and the picture was the easiest in my case)

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something that occured to me while filling my own questionnaire - possible question #11:

Which of the previous questions was the easiest to answer? Which was the hardest? Why?

(for example, the question about values was the hardest, and the picture was the easiest in my case)
Yeah, I had that in the intro to the Enneagram one. Perhaps I should put it as a question here? Hmm... that would make 12 questions *moves every question up a number so there aren't 11*. I'll think about it. It might just be that some of my questions are worded poorly or hard to answer in general. I noticed people misunderstanding them sometimes, especially the "experiencing something that clashes with your beliefs" one. I took out your examples for that so that people won't use those, but maybe I should've kept them in...

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
It might just be that some of my questions are worded poorly or hard to answer in general. I noticed people misunderstanding them sometimes, especially the "experiencing something that clashes with your beliefs" one. I took out your examples for that so that people won't use those, but maybe I should've kept them in...
I don't think they're poorly worded, at least I understood everything just fine and I'm not a native English speaker. Maybe examples would help, but better than mine... I think if there were concrete examples, people might just avoid answering what the question is really about and focus only on these particulars. Or maybe I should have just explained better what I had in mind.

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey I'm pretty new here, do i just copy this and answer it in a new thread?

..actually i'm just gonna do that
Precisely. Have fun ^_^

·
Registered
121 Posts
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

As of right now I don't have anything that will affect my answers. I'm male, 22 and currently in a very calm state of mind.

1. Click on this link:
Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

7789465330.jpg
To me, the tree is hanging on to as much life as it can since the limbs that reach toward the sky are bare. It's reaching the end of its life as the storm from a distance is quietly approaching; it's the last storm that this tree will experience where the water will nourish it one more time as the tree takes its final breath.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts are that the car seems to need a break from its constant traveling and needs to be given some type of care as to rejuvenate itself. On the outside I maintain a sense of calm but can't help but feel as anxious as everyone else.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I visualize how many people will be there, if I'd be able to stay there long enough where I won't feel the need to pass out and feel drained. Personally I don't particularly enjoy parties with too many people; sensory overload.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction is to understand his/her views and have a discussion about it and maintain a sort of tranquility as to not upset him/her. I'd outwardly say, "I can understand that, and you make valid points, but....(etc.)"

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I probably would feel a little bit uneasy as I like to have my habits remain consistent unless they are poorly affecting me; my beliefs wouldn't be affected as I know what truly matters to me, but it wouldn't offend me nearly as much as it would other people. Would I be upset, of course, but I wouldn't let it affect me too too badly.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I value knowledge, respect, honesty, conscientiousness, consistency, and family gatherings. I just always felt as though these are things that people generally look for in determining what a well-rounded person would value and I think they'd change if I felt as though they clashed with a majority of people.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

My depth and curiosity to figuring out the meaning of things and interpreting them is my distinguishing trait. I think if I were able to be more extraverted than I am and not living in my own head constantly [while experiencing life], I'd be more than happy; I'm happy where I am now as well.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

My hunches are accurate for the most part unless I obsess over things constantly: having an open-mind equals more accurate hunches, whereas having a more jumbled mind equals less accurate ones. They are triggered very randomly and I still don't have a clue as to how they work; dreams can speak more fluently from some experiences.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I'm particularly energized interpreting meanings behind things and how they apply to me, others and the real world. Making connections to things that don't really make sense can be fun for the most part, making up stories and giving meaning to something that could be utterly meaningless. It makes me feel as though I'm giving something back to myself and helping me to understand it with more depth than what actually is.

As for what drains me, I'd say prolonged social interaction where there's so much going around that I can't even think clearly. Why? Because that's just how it always has been.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress what I'm thinking sometimes because I like to keep things to myself unless I really trust the other person(s). It's almost as though I have something that's truly mine and no one else can take away from me and in order to make myself comfortable among others, I tend to adapt myself to what's going on in their lives and help myself by understanding and helping them.

I hope this was clear enough for you all to decipher a type for me! :)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts