Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I started this last night and was pretty tired after working and an errand. Now I feel fine. 21 y/o female, decent mood.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Which random pic? Sorry. I see a lot of ‘em. Did you mean “a” random one?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Pretending it’s something other than a concert as I would never go to one, I would be a bit worried if we still have time, and very worried if we didn’t. if a particularly person I know is with me I’d also feel dread and annoyance because I know his cussing fit is about to come and I don’t have patience or energy for tantrums like that.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I dislike parties (unless family ones, and even then…) so I’d feel nervous and not really want to go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If it’s a close friend I’d obviously feel less worried about angering them by countering what they say. I’d try to calmly counter their claim’s impracticality and use rational points. If we start arguing, I might be a bit defensive because I’m annoyed. If it isn’t my friend (the only one I’m actually close to) I might not say anything, but likely if it’s a friend I would still try to point out the inconsistencies or whatever with what they’re saying.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I’d feel conflicted about whether to say something or not. As you can probably tell I don’t like to get into heated fights. If feel I feel strongly enough compelled to say something (which isn’t likely, as most of the time this happens the people are not interacting with me so I’m unsure if it’s really my business, even if they’re morally wrong) I might throw a counter statement out there and try to say it politely, but feel nervous about it, or if I’m less afraid of the person, say it more coolly and not be as worried about what they’ll say.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

My faith, loyalty, being polite and respectful even to rude people (ha! Easier said than done half the time!), generosity, emotional strength, justice/fair treatment. Most I’ve always had but some grew or come to be when I became a Christian and suddenly, you know, morals weren’t really an option anymore! ;)

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

This is hard to explain. All I can try to say is how I think and see things- people and the universe. My mind constantly needs to think and wonder about everything. Like, if I meet a very nice person I help at work, I might “miss” them and wonder how they’re doing later or if I’ll see them again. My mind is constantly wondering or analyzing what might, could, would, or should be, or just ideas generally. I’m very sensitive to people and their intentions, even though I’m often wrong about what they might be. I’m too caught up in MY thoughts, I guess, to be able to properly guess or sense how they truly are, though I don’t often get close enough to people to know.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I don’t think I’ve ever had any TBH. What might’ve been a bad situation when a grown man talked to me at the bus stop when I was 14 and said if I ever needed some money I could go to his house to get some (he worded it better than this though). I pretended that sounded OK but I wasn’t foolish- you just know better than to go along with strangers like that, especially when you’re a young girl! It’s common sense!

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Getting new ideas, discussing things I’m really into with someone who is also into them, seeing some kind of beauty and thinking/wondering about it (gorgeous music, a great sunset, beautiful scenery, etc).
Being around lots of people (especially getting ganged up on), loud music/sounds, terrible arguments, long driving, heavy labor.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

How strongly I really feel about values and morals- many of them are actually controversial and I know for a fact would not be received well no matter how respectfully I presented them around certain people. I really WOULD love to throw them out there, too, but I’m too afraid of offending people even if they offend me (well, most of the time- sometimes I am too annoyed/angry to care if they’re really in the wrong), and having a ton of people turn against me and attack. Also how I sometimes am on the inside, how silly and strange I can be (be that I don’t mean the kind of silly and “strange” it’s COOL and HIP to be any more) like with my best friend because I know how cruel people can be if they think you’re weird or nerdy or whatever.
As to which question was the hardest, 7 no doubt, because, I don’t know, like I said, it’s just hard to explain how your own mind works. Easiest, the one about the party. Because that’s just a simple question. 10 pretty easy too. That’s because I am well aware of what I repress and often wish I didn’t.

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I did, and the guy directed me to here. :confused: So I guess I'm just not supposed to find out, lol.
Just copy and paste your answers onto your thread =)

·
Registered
129 Posts
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
View attachment 73496
It's the golden gate bridge in San Francisco, across the bay from Oakland. I really like unique bridges like this one.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Probably just an empty tank. I sigh out of annoyance because I was probably in deep thought.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would rather just go home. I don't really like parties. I prefer hanging out and just eating.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I come up with a good counter-point in a matter of seconds and I make an argument.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I usually just ignore it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Some of my most important values are intellectualism and open-mindedness.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
The amount of cumulative knowledge and the ability to come up with arguments without any logical fallacies. But I wish school was a whole lot easier.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
About every thirty minutes. They are most triggered when I am reading about psychology and political science.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Debates, thinking, and learning all energize me a ton. The first gives me an adrenaline rush. But just about all social situations drain me, along with playing mindless games.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress most of my thoughts because I will just confuse people when I explain it and it would be wasted energy.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
posting mine soon..

"Juicy" is exactly how I describe things like this! Awesome ^_^

You know you like it ^_~

And yeah, I put in 1-2 of your questions, as well as the rest of your suggestions, more subtly. They were a great help!
Hopefully this will work because I need to know!

·
Registered
90 Posts
mockingbird king | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My impression of this picture was that of peace of mind and elegance. Along with simple beauty. I wanted to be that bird. Looking beautiful, alone, can figure out things by itself like how to drink water from the bowl n all.

2. I'll be irrtated and mad as hell inside. If the friends are close ones Id be angry n complain. If they r not that close, be silent and try to cheer everyone up and think of a solution. wierd...hmmm...

3.I dont drive, nor do I drink, so i will feel better i have a companion. But I will show my friends a good time by being very jovial, optimistic and pleASANt.

4. I will inwardly find that person insensitive to ppl like me. But outwardly, i will tolerate and try to show my point of view without coming across as offending or aggressive.

5.I hate confrontations. So i leave the person alone or try to change the topic.

6. Some of my most important values is personal ethics, being a fighter by nature and love for humanity. You need to be brave and intelligent enough to know how to survive when your caught in a "death valley". They can change if I find out that the person I love isn't strong enough and sometimes they will need to learn through love n support how to survive.

7. I'm considered a "cheerleader" by everyone who knows me. I make ppl feel comfortable and happy. The one thing Id like to change abt. myself is if I was a natural at designing complex systems like engineering. I'm good at maths but wish I had a natural mechanical desire.

8. I don't trust hunches or gut feelings, I try to be logical. However I know logic cannot explain everything, so when I'm walking in a shady place and I "feel" like id be in danger, ill walk fast or run. Or when I'm visiting friends n relatives and leave the room for a while. I get a hunch they were talking abt. me and I trust it.

9. Activities that challenge me mentally energizes me. It should be something new. If feel life should be like a classroom. I love socializing too. No matter how tired i am, i make it a point to socialize with my friends. what drains me is boredom and mundane tasks and strict schedules with no flexibility.

10. I repress my real "bad" opinions abt. others and try to be nice all the time. I dont ever remember telling a person i dont like them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.

·
Registered
176 Posts

All sizes | Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Very still and quiet, the bird is likely to change that. I wonder how that post/tree trunk got there, is it a post that was placed there or did the water level rise on a wooded area? It's unlikely to be excessively deep at that point. It's a very tranquil, beautiful picture but also dark and desolate.

Initial thoughts - Am annoyed but don't dwell on it. Reactions - Let's get out and see if it's any obvious problem and then call the AA/RAC if it isn't, or if it is but we cannot deal with the situation. I'd still be annoyed and inconvenienced but the situation would take my mind off it as long as i had something to do, also an element of excitement.

I would keep an eye on the driver to make sure they don't drink, and that would probably concern me for a while. By this point i'd probably just prefer to go home as i'd mentally and socially exhausted but unless i felt i urgently needed to return i would put up with this and try to have fun, although would probably just relax and keep to myself at the after-party, especially after a day like that. If there was a convenient option open of returning home, i would strongly consider taking it, but otherwise i'd try to have fun or at least slog on through.

If it is something that clashes with my beliefs but is not factually incorrect, i would comment but approach cautiously, and try to explain why i think their beliefs are incorrect on that matter. If it is something that is factually incorrect i will try to correct that. Although if the claim clashes in only a minor way i might decide, depending on my mood, that it'd probably be more trouble arguing for it than the subject is worth.

Depends entirely on what it is, whether or not i'm prepared for the situation, whether it is dangerous or not and whether or not i have other urgent things to do that are just as important.

A sense of proper justice and fair play, no double standards, meritocracy, the importance of the self preservation and self determination of a group provided it does not come at the excessive expense of others, and that the weak should not hold back the strong and the strong not exploit the weak in any excessive manner (for either case).
Determined through what i have seen of the world so far, my own internal compass of right and wrong (of which my upbringing is mostly responsible i expect).
They may change when i see that one of my own values is absolutely not achievable or maintainable in any real form.

I think the things that distinguish me the most is my low levels of sociability and some understandings of things that i think i do not share with the majority of the people around me, that have arisen through personal investigation.

They can be very useful in very fast moving situations, but i do not rely on them if i have the choice of informed decisions. Generally more often triggered in fast moving stressful situations.

Being involved in a good story or learning about something i'm interested in and listening to music energizes me the most, if i'm in the right mood then socializing can energize me, although for a very limited time only really, maybe only a few minutes. Unwanted social activity or activities that feel like a waste of time make me feel lethargic and agitated.

I tend to alter certain social and emotional responses sometimes, often i find myself in situations where i'm a bit out of the loop of the group i'm in, so i sometimes 'act' certain social rituals or emotions, although sometimes i do not need to. Other times what i'm feeling seems incorrect or unacceptable compared to what is expected so i might alter my behavior there if i know this. For example I've had a number of occasions where relatively mundane subjects make me want to express very strong emotion or for example i have an urge to laugh during a funeral or another serious event, although i think this is just my brain trying to automatically counter and balance out certain feelings? Of course there are times when i know exactly what's going on in a group situation, although probably more when i always feel like i'm missing certain things or behind in understanding the content of the conversation, although this is mainly just in groups.

·
Registered
17 Posts
honest answers

0. I'm young and still unsure of myself - XSTX
1. the one with a train - I like trains
2. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of music live so couldn't care less.
3. I better get a backup plan - don't trust the driver.
4. Well that depends on what he said and the context, generally I couldn't care less.
5. Don't really have any.
6. Don't really have any.
7. Strong sensing and thinking as well as been shy around people.
8. Humans evolved away from gut feelings so I tend to only use them with logic and analysis.
9. Energise: Masturbation, self-esteem boost, exercise and sport. Drain: doing anything that requires a lot of patience or reading.
10. I reduce my honesty as most people don't like honesty.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
@Tzara , I decided to type myself as an enfp. You were right about not trusting these tests they aren't really reliable . I really appreciated your support thanks a lot :tongue:
Ummm.. Ok :p good to know ^^

41 - 60 of 122 Posts