Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I come to you in order to get an answer to a quite simple question that many must have asked before: which type do you think fits me the most? I have already tried to find it myself and with the help of my ex-GF and her mother who were fond of socionics. They always thought that I was an ENTp, even if with all the tests I passed I found myself being either ENTp, ESTp, ISTp, etc… Even if those types are maybe close, I’d like to know your thoughts about my case. My mates tend to think that I am an ENFj (which I cannot be since I am a real T person :p) because of my outgoing and comedian way of being.

I will answer the 20 questions, maybe it would help you finding which type is the closest to me!

PS: I am not a native English speaker. Feel free to correct me if neccessary.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have a difficulty to know whether I am Ne or Se. Moreover I think I am extraverted but maybe I am wrong with that too.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Well nothing much! I like to enjoy it in different ways: being with my friends, my GF (and all the stuff that come with being in a couple), having parties, learning stuff at the university, playing games of any sort (board games, video games, sometimes RPG, but scarcely sport games). I do not have any clear goal in life like being rich, famous, loved, etc. That’s not the kind of questions I could ask myself!

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I always feel like I am at my finest… Seriously I don’t know, maybe when it comes to make stubborn people go my way or winning something? I know that’s should be sounding really ESTp, but I am not that much a competitor. I just think I rarely lose something… maybe that’s how to be fine?

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I see someone that is better than me in a specific skill I own or even do not master! For instance if someone beats me at a game (without cheating) I easily clap hands at him and bend to show him some respect (in a figurative sense!). On the other hand, I prefer to let people that know how to deal with relationship issues (people crying, being sad and stuff like that) do it instead of me. They do it better than me, it’s like being inferior, isn’t it?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I seldom think before deciding something I guess… Or if I do, it’s because it is a serious matter! I rather think in terms of gains for myself than if it’s right or wrong, even than if it’s logical or not. There are maybe a lot of possibilities coming to me (Ne?) but that’s not helping in any ways since I often choose the easier solution!

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Hoping that it will end fast so I can do other things. I do not really care about the outcome since it is great most of the time or at least acceptable according to my standards.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Well… When I discovered that my GF liked Jon Lajoie too, we watched the whole video library and got the giggles at the drugs commercial video! My memory of it? Awesome!

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I try to ask someone who is a scholar in this field to teach me. After I got some tips, I learn by doing and reading about it most of the time. I theorize quite easy and I am quite good at theory crafting when it comes to a subject I really enjoy. However I tend to get bored fast…

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

My mind and my environment are a mess but I’m cool with it! Obviously I am a pure irrational (perceiving) type even if I try sometimes to schedule when it comes to serious business.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

If someone tells me something new to me, I try to see if it is accurate by confronting it to logic. Does it work or not? Is it really useful? Etc. If it is efficient, I wonder then to know why. Yet, I usually prefer to do things my way, that’s why I am open to new ways of doing or ideas only if it is better than what I used to do or think. I like to be surprised that way: being refuted by people is something I truly like, it is heuristic to me!

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I am in harmony and I try to insert people into it! :D I made huge effort lately not to oblige people to do my way which was, to my mind, the best! So maybe I tend indeed to follow what I believe but know I am open to other possibilities if they are worth it (or pleasing my close friends).

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Most of the time, my thoughts come along with my speech. I am quite at ease in group discussions but I prefer one-on-one communication when I want to have deeper reflection.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I never ask myself about whether I should do jump or not, so I guess I jump into action right away! Yet I take my own time alone sometimes in order to clean up the mess that I think could happen. I try not to think too much about myself or what I do… I used to do that a lot in the past but that brought me more confusion than happiness. And yes actions speak more than words, I learned that not that long ago when someone dared me to show that I had balls and do the right thing. The best happened out of it! Words can become a real waste of time…

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I check if there is another broadcast or if I can see it later online. Then I choose the night out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I am never stressed out! If I am stuck in a stressful situation, my body will get sick or show me that something is wrong (you know, the sudden urge to pee/poop). My head stays cool.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Stubbornness mostly! I know how to convince people easily, that’s why when they are reluctant to go my way I get irritated quickly. At first I take it as senselessness, and then I begin to dislike the person. Afterwards I can as well hate the person, forget about it or laugh because I had a stupid behavior too (or not convincing enough).

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like to speak about almost everything, what I don’t like to hear about is people complaining… I try to take time to listen but it just pisses me off! Why don’t people just move on? Otherwise I am really open to every kind of subject from politics to relationship issues.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don’t know. I cannot even figure out what I do not pay attention to…

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

As I said, people think I am some kind of comedian always joking (some said ENFj). Also that I am not enough serious, etc. Maybe they are right, maybe they are not. Actually I do not really care since I am happy with it. I just would appreciate them to understand when I am sincere, which is a real matter!

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Well at first getting up from a long nice sleep! Then… I would do the stuff I would like to do as the desires come to me. I just know that eating would be part of it! Do I need a schedule? :D

Does it help some of you to find out what type these answers could refer to? I know they may have been biased by me unconsciously... but the reason I came here was to be helped! So do not hesitate to tell me what you think is true even if my type do not refer to what I think of myself.

1,636 Posts
@Sceptic

Ill be honest...i have no idea
lol Se and Ne are not so similar
you don't sound Ne to me at all to be honest.

1,636 Posts
I hardly believe too that I could be Ne...
dominant not especially
you seem simple person, an S person, not an N person
you are probably ESTP if you believe that you are an extrovert

Reactions: Sceptic

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
All I can say it, examine the inferior functions. That way, you're not just typing your persona, like most people do here. That being said, this sounds like a dead giveaway of inferior Si, making you ENTP:

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I am never stressed out! (yeah right - did you read your following sentence) If I am stuck in a stressful situation, my body will get sick or show me that something is wrong (you know, the sudden urge to pee/poop). My head stays cool.
Sensation erupting under stress like that sounds a lot more like inferior sensation - definitely not the inferior intuition of ESTPs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I knew when I wrote that, that it could be taken as inferior Si since the body is supposed to remind the mind that's something is going wrong. I am aware that it is a symptom of inferior Si shared by ENTP. That's why I am wondering about my type.

On the other hand, I know I have a lot (and by a lot I mean it) of obvious Se going around. I see almost every details when I enter a place. I even remember once when I was at a concert, I couldn't see anything but the sweat on the singer's shirt... Nobody else had seen it.

Moreover, I think I have more troubles with my F side than my N one. But I am sure not to be J at all. Is it possible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts