Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to know my type, so if you have any ideas, I appreciate it. :) Also, if you could see my enneatype from this, please tell! I don't think it's too long, I hope someone will try to type me.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7293475832_60e49d3e35.jpg
These should probably represent mother and son. They look like they're enjoying their time. The son is very happy about this horse for some reason. Obviously, he likes horses. Maybe he likes this one the most, so he wants it for himself. I can't tell what the mother wants.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Honestly, I'm not sure how I would react in a certain situation unless it has already happened. I'd probably be shocked and needed time to realize what has just happened. Then I wouldn't believe it happened to me... I'm not sure what would be my outward reactions, I usually don't have them a lot, lol. Especially around people I don't know very well. Who are these people anyway? I wouldn't know what to do.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
The party will probably be boring to me, but what can I do anyway. If I don't have any friends there, I'd probably find some place to wait, I don't know.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
So, these people are my friends. If they are very very close to me, I'd say something and discuss it with the friend. It might be fun! If they're not close friends, I would only comment it, or maybe I wouldn't care about it at all. I'm not sure what my inward reaction would be, I guess I'd think about a statement this friend said. And I'd find some arguments against it. Also, if I really like the person, if it's a close friend, I'd be a little shocked if he/she said something really senseless to me. It really depends on what did the friend say.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Depends. If it's something I don't want to exist in this world, something that isn't fair, I'd keep thinking about it, and I'd feel weird. After some time passes, I'd be okay again, after I start seeing it objectively. If it’s something positive, I don’t know, something I’d like, then of course I’d be happy for awhile. I know I can’t really split this into positive and negative, I don’t know how else to answer this.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
It's okay to do anything you like if you're not violating the rights of others. I get annoyed by judgmental people who disapprove anything different. Those who tell you what you 'should do', what is 'right'. Values can change when I realize there are both sides of the story... Or something.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) A lot... I can't really function normally around people. Most conversations are boring. I was always the opposite of social, even in like kindergarden. Nobody cares about things I find interesting. I live in my own world.
b) I'd have more self control. Things would've been easier. I also hate these moods I have, they prevent me from doing things... And I wish I was more brave...

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Haha, not many. Being with myself, mostly.
b) A lot, I'm often tired. Being around people, having to do something I don't want to.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I hide my weirdness (well some of it). I feel like if I share something personal, it's going to be used against me. Most people don't/can't understand me, why should I be honest anyway.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I would really like to know my type, so if you have any ideas, I appreciate it. :) Also, if you could see my enneatype from this, please tell! I don't think it's too long, I hope someone will try to type me.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7293475832_60e49d3e35.jpg
These should probably represent mother and son. They look like they're enjoying their time. The son is very happy about this horse for some reason. Obviously, he likes horses. Maybe he likes this one the most, so he wants it for himself. I can't tell what the mother wants.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Honestly, I'm not sure how I would react in a certain situation unless it has already happened. I'd probably be shocked and needed time to realize what has just happened. Then I wouldn't believe it happened to me... I'm not sure what would be my outward reactions, I usually don't have them a lot, lol. Especially around people I don't know very well. Who are these people anyway? I wouldn't know what to do.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
The party will probably be boring to me, but what can I do anyway. If I don't have any friends there, I'd probably find some place to wait, I don't know.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
So, these people are my friends. If they are very very close to me, I'd say something and discuss it with the friend. It might be fun! If they're not close friends, I would only comment it, or maybe I wouldn't care about it at all. I'm not sure what my inward reaction would be, I guess I'd think about a statement this friend said. And I'd find some arguments against it. Also, if I really like the person, if it's a close friend, I'd be a little shocked if he/she said something really senseless to me. It really depends on what did the friend say.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Depends. If it's something I don't want to exist in this world, something that isn't fair, I'd keep thinking about it, and I'd feel weird. After some time passes, I'd be okay again, after I start seeing it objectively. If it’s something positive, I don’t know, something I’d like, then of course I’d be happy for awhile. I know I can’t really split this into positive and negative, I don’t know how else to answer this.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
It's okay to do anything you like if you're not violating the rights of others. I get annoyed by judgmental people who disapprove anything different. Those who tell you what you 'should do', what is 'right'. Values can change when I realize there are both sides of the story... Or something.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) A lot... I can't really function normally around people. Most conversations are boring. I was always the opposite of social, even in like kindergarden. Nobody cares about things I find interesting. I live in my own world.
b) I'd have more self control. Things would've been easier. I also hate these moods I have, they prevent me from doing things... And I wish I was more brave...

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Haha, not many. Being with myself, mostly.
b) A lot, I'm often tired. Being around people, having to do something I don't want to.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I hide my weirdness (well some of it). I feel like if I share something personal, it's going to be used against me. Most people don't/can't understand me, why should I be honest anyway.
Have you considered ENTP?

Sounds like a lot of Ne in that
Honestly, I'm not sure how I would react in a certain situation unless it has already happened.
maybe a little bit of Si
The party will probably be boring to me
Sounds Ne.
If they are very very close to me, I'd say something and discuss it with the friend. It might be fun! If they're not close friends, I would only comment it, or maybe I wouldn't care about it at all.
Got a bit of T there... sounds Ti ish
Depends. If it's something I don't want to exist in this world, something that isn't fair, I'd keep thinking about it, and I'd feel weird.
Sounds like a Fe moment
It's okay to do anything you like if you're not violating the rights of others.
Fe
I get annoyed by judgmental people who disapprove anything different. Those who tell you what you 'should do', what is 'right'.
Sounds like a bit of dislike to Fi.

I can only really say that I see Ne, Ti, Fe and Si.
Also negative attitude against Fi.

Most of the other work depends on how strongly you feel about them.

sorry if I'm not especially clear... I'm a bit absent minded today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. :kitteh:

I must say I didn't expect ENTP. :O Aren't they like... extroverts? xD I was always internally focused. Maybe I answered this questionnaire more how I would want to be, but I'm not really... I'm not sure I have good self perception. I thought I was either INTP or INFP. And sorry about that disklike of Fi, I didn't realize it. Some of my favourite people are Fi-doms, actually. :)

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
With the dislike of Fi it was more of EXFP people tho since they are more expressive of Fi :p

ENTPs are kinda cute so it's nice :kitteh:
ENTPs are idea focused people generally :wink:
And they seem very introverted because their dominant function focuses on ideas and their second function focuses in analyzing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but I really am introverted... xD Believe me, I know it. Also, this guy is funny! :) But I'm nothing like him. I really don't see how could I be an ENTP... They usually seem pretty much self confident. And a lot of other things... Maybe I didn't express myself well while answering these questions... :unsure:

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Yeah, but I really am introverted... xD Believe me, I know it. Also, this guy is funny! :) But I'm nothing like him. I really don't see how could I be an ENTP... They usually seem pretty much self confident. And a lot of other things... Maybe I didn't express myself well while answering these questions... :unsure:
well... the questions are stupid in that way, lol.
We can't read your entire personality by those questions...

Have you checked out INTP? Because they are the introverted version of ENTPs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well... the questions are stupid in that way, lol.
We can't read your entire personality by those questions...

Have you checked out INTP? Because they are the introverted version of ENTPs.
Yeah, I guess that makes more sense. When I first discovered MBTI, I thought I was INTP, and then INFP. Now I'm kind of confused...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts