Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I am unsure of my type so i did this questionnaire! Could you help me? Thank you! I'd like as many points of view as possible and maybe use an argument of why you chose to type me in a certain way. I'm sure those questions aren't enough to grasp me as a whole, but let's hope they're accurate! Thanks again! :tongue:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
No, I'm good. I'm 18 and quite relaxed.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
I cant post pictures but:
It's a bird with a fish in its beak. Looks kinda fake :)) (the fish in the beak i mean!, the fish looks photoshoped to its beak). Otherwise, unique bird, my first thought was "flamingo" even though it clearly isn't. Must be the skinny legs lol.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thought is that everything bad happens to me, that i'm unlucky - i get desperate and very negative- overall breakdown. Some crying as well. I might even give up and accept the situation. It's my favorite band so missing this opportunity to see them will make me extremely frustrated and sad. Just thinking about it gives me bad vibes.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I make it to the concert?? Yassss. I suddenly feel lucky and optimistic. I agree with going to the party. Maybe the dirver is someone who picked us from the stranded place and i will show my gratitude by attending the afterparty that he wishes to go to. Also, an afterparty with fans of the band?? It's going to be awesome since we have a main shared interest! We're going to fangirl/fanboy together and many on-spot friendships will begin!

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I get defensive. I'll probs burst in a counterattack if i'm in the mood (sometimes i'm more composed). I definitely say something since they're my friend and i feel comfortable around my friends and uninhibited. I'll ask them why they believe that and if they have a good reason for it then i will wholeheartedly accept their different opinion. HOWEVER if it's an opinion based on what they heard from others and not the result of their own thinking then i might even reflect on what kind of friends i have... I'm kinda fiery when it comes to stuff i belive in. Well, i'm kinda fiery overall but it depends haha...

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
What do you mean saw? I don't really- oh! You mean like my belief is to treat animals with kindness and i see them being mistreated? Story time: when i was in 7th grade i was exiting the school building and i saw a boy holding a poor cat by its tail upside down. Without thinking i immediately slapped his back really hard. In shock, he dropped the cat. My luck was that there were many people in the courtyard and he didn't see who hit him. I'm very impulsive when it comes to animals being mistreated. ( God bless i wasn't caught, he might have whooped my a$$ omg...)

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I believe in justice, i value people who are kind, fair, intelligent and i love freedom and being independent. I choose my values rather carefully... so i don't think i will change them. Maybe if my mom is really reallyyyy against them bc i trust her the most but then again there's nothing to change because i have good natured values.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I'm a really profound thinker. I sometimes walk on the street and get insights on life out of nowhere like where that come from? *looks around* I definitely overthink and combined with deep thinking and some ideas, i get really weird thoughts about life and answers and just philosophies in general. Story time: i was in philosophy class and i wasn't really paying attention but she was reading sth from the book and i was #shook because i actually thought that - on my own! Without reading it beforehand. Philosopher material right here :))
b) BE MORE CONFIDENT! STOP TAKING THINGS PERSONALLY! OPEN UP MORE ABOUT FEELINGS! TRUST YOUR GUT! STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT YOU! - it makes my life harder to live.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I overthink them and end up not following them. They are triggered in relation with people. Like: they want to be hugged by you -o ----k no, wait what if not what if if. And i end up not hugging them or doing whatever only to find out later that they are disappointed i didn't do it and they think i don't care when i care a lot but i'm just afraid. Or or story time: a girl called out to me during a game where we sat in a circle turned and said " do you want to go somewhere afterwards?" (it was a game with voice intention recognising we did during acting classes) i felt that it was directed towards me but i was like " what if i'm wrong? It will be super awkward if it's not for me" To this day i regret not following my gut.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Writing energizes me, because i get to vent and then i'm ready to do whatever! Also, pumped up music!! Concerts!! Dancing!! Why? Adrenaline rush :)))))
b) Dealing with people with a negative attitude that i dislike or dislike me. Repetitive tasks, talking tooooo much - i love talking, i talk A LOT but it drains me and my brain gets tired after a while... :))

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
My true self. This is actually a deep question. Everyone represses themselves to fit into society or from fear of being judged. I repress my emotional side the most from fear of appearing sappy. Everyone sees me as cold, unemotional. Everyone thinks i don't care about people. It's the way i wanted them to perceive me as. I conceal my emotional side a lot. Sometimes it hurts to see that they perceive me as distant when i'm actually a bleeding heart who does things for people silently. To be honest, even i reject my emotional side...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you're an IxFP type. You are definitely a Fi dominant. I'm thinking ISFP, because of what you said about loving concerts and dancing because of adrenaline rush. That's Se at work, if you're familiar with the cognitive functions.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You're either ISFJ (in the reasoning that I see a lot of Fe in you, especially how you mention how you express emotions like crying, this is isfjs second function) or ISFP (because I can see your Se in how you get energy from sensory experiences reliant on external outlet). I'd probably be leaning towards isfp because I can see the reasons I saw Fe also applying to Fi and your outright statement of values.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
You're an ESFJ imo, who needs to gain some confidence, which will come with time.

You intentionally repress your "emotional" side, because you're afraid of what other people will think - dominant Fe?

Have a read of this:
FeSi (ESFJ) — Type in Mind

I understand it won't match how you actually act, because you lack confidence and are paranoid what people will think.
..but, does it match how you would be, if you were to embrace your inner feelings?

Don't buy into the theory that ESFJs are all nice and friendly to everyone either.
They're vicious when something hurts those they care about, or if they see something that contradicts their morals/values, and they will have no problem whatsoever voicing this.

They're only the "caregiver" to those they love.

That's my 2c anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts