Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Perhaps my depression & anxiety. Used get help but moved and it got difficult, will start again soon. I'm a male, 19. I'm calmed, I suppose.

Study these two images here and here Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

(
farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg)
I prefer this one. Not quite sure to be honest, but I feel more comfortable watching it. It gives me a feeling of calmness & space for my mind to drift off & wonder about random things.

Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'm an open-mind person, reserved & quiet. Adaptable to the situation, Want to talk about games? Want to talk about mainstream stuff? Want to talk about theories? Want to talk about fantasy? I'm your guy.

I'm very caring even though I don't show it much and can come as cold & antisocial when I'm not. I'm also fair, to the point where even if I don't want to I would sacrifice how I feel, if that makes sense. For example: I really like "X" person, yet he did something bad to me, even though I may love the person and everything within me screams not to leave "X" person, I'll. Not a really good example, but I hope you get the idea.

I'm calm & patient, most of the time at least, depends the person and what they are doing, if they're repeating same mistakes, my patience suddenly disappears.

I can come off as a bit judgemental even though I just try to be as honest as I can because I would like people to do the same to me even if it's a bit hard, because a smart part of me doesn't want to hurt others yet I go with honesty even if it's cruel.

I can overthink to the point where my head feels like it's going to explode but then after a while it's like it clicks and I know that for example, that it wasn't my fault, I did everything to avoid the outcome, and so on.

I love reading, mostly fantasy because I feel that if I wanted non-fiction I could just go outside. I enjoy reading theories and making them but don't prioritize it as much.

I tend to be overprotective & jealous, even if I don't show it and I'm a show through actions guy, meaning that you can tell me you love me as much as you want but if I don't see that your actions show it I won't believe it. I show my love through my actions, I you would rarely hear me saying I love you.

Don't know what else to say to be honest.

What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be a person that others could count on, successful & essential to those around me, I guess. While I would like to be successful, I wouldn't like to be a vain person, that only focus on money or superficial stuff, would hate to become arrogant too.

Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you?

Well, my friends tell me I'm cold and dry, that I have a really dark humour. I can be controlling some times and manipulative but also that I give the best advices, mature beyond my ages & trustworthy.

What in life do you find to be of importance? Why?

I think being myself is one of the most important things to me. I think is so important because, so many people change who they are just to fit, they become sad. For me happiness is where I can be myself.

Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'll use something that happened to me today, my older sister is going away for holidays & I asked her with whom she was going to leave her dog, because I was so not cleaning dog shit & she just told me everything she had done for me, I hate when people do you things just to later throw it on your face. It stresses me, because there is nothing I can do about it after all, I'm still studying and I don't pay rents.

Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I love rainy and dark days, I find them peaceful. Watching a TV Show or Reading while it's raining, it's heaven to me.

Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I'd say it depends the person, I suck at initiating conversations with people I don't know. My social skills sucks.

Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I think authority is there for a reason, depends, here authority is very corrupted so I think very low of them. Although I do tend to respect a majority of the laws, because they're there for a reason, I suppose.

What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

As said in the next question, one of my fears is becoming what people tell me I'll become. Not being enough and them being right.

What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

Well, my desire is to be successful. To shut some people up, especially my mother. I come from a very religious background and I'm queer(not exactly gay) & so many people have told me that it's a curse, that I won't be happy, that I won't accomplish anything in life, well I'm here to tell them that I'm the one who decide what or how I'm going to be, through actions.

a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Emotionally? Reading.

Mmh, being social for a long period of time drains me a lot.

Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

Keys2Cognition:

-extroverted sensing: 19.3
-introverted sensing: 38.5
-extroverted intuition: 26.4
-introverted intuition: 29.1
-extroverted feeling: 27.4
-introverted feeling: 31.2
-extroverted thinking: 30.2
-introverted thinking: 37.5

Enneagram:

My tritype Enneagram is 4w5-5w4-8w9.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not very experienced at typing, so bear with me. I hope I can provide some insight.

I think you've probably realized that out of anything, you are most definitely introverted. From your answers, I believe I am detecting a lot of Fi. More Fi than Te, from what I can tell. That combined with your cognitive function scores (which looks like would type you as an ISTJ), I would guess INFP. INFPs commonly type as Enneagram Type 4, too. Not so much ISTJ. I would look at either ISTJ or INFP as possibilities.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not very experienced at typing, so bear with me. I hope I can provide some insight.

I think you've probably realized that out of anything, you are most definitely introverted. From your answers, I believe I am detecting a lot of Fi. More Fi than Te, from what I can tell. That combined with your cognitive function scores (which looks like would type you as an ISTJ), I would guess INFP. INFPs commonly type as Enneagram Type 4, too. Not so much ISTJ. I would look at either ISTJ or INFP as possibilities.
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer. I used to think I was ISTJ for a while, but I'm not sure if it is that there are many false stereotypes on the internet or what. It's the one that I would say fits me the most since I do have a strong Si that unconsciously get's the information that's around me for later use & combine that with my Ne or Ni(not really sure of the differences) it gives a lot space to theorize a lot of the things that go around me, I feel as if I'm too "logical" to be a feeler, yet too emotional to be a thinker, although most of the time when I have to make a decision I tend to mute my feelings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts