Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'd like to get a clearer picture of what functions I tend to use and to what degree my other functions are developed. I've taken function tests before and from what I've heard, they tend not to be so accurate. As such, I was looking to get a better understanding of my functions from people here who know more about typology. I've consistently typed as a particular type for years now, but I've hidden that and would like to get reads from others just to see if there's any different interpretation - purely out of curiosity. In any case though, what I'm most concerned with is my functions. I'll be filling out the "What's My Type Questionnaire" by Spades. If you have any other questions though, feel free to ask me. Thanks for your help.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There's nothing that would affect my answers. I'm not on any medication, nothing unique is going on in my life, and I'm quite mentally healthy. I'm 19 and male, and I'm in a neutral state of mind. I'm feeling well, so there's no agitation, depression, or any answer-altering states really present.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

The photo can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rinzizen/17232145911/in/explore-2015-04-22

In any case, I'm most drawn to the water and the darker parts of the photo. The bright colors seem a little off-putting to me, but the water seems quite tranquil. I also really appreciate photography that contrasts different elements (such as light and dark or the real world and the reflected one). I think the composition of the photograph is also clean and appealing as well. I wouldn't want to imbue any forced meaning into though for the sake of this as honestly, at its surface level, it doesn't really appeal to me overall. I derive no actual meaning from the photo. It's pleasantly composed, but it's not something I'd like to have around, nor is it something that speaks to me.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Well, both internally and externally, I'd be very calm. I'd probably have an "oh well, it happens" sort of attitude. My initial thoughts would be more-so about figuring out what to do. If anything, I'd attempt to figure out all of the possible courses of action that could be taken. These actions could involve different things, such as fixing the car, getting a ride from someone else, et cetera. They wouldn't be all about getting to the concert though. If somehow that wasn't an option any longer (perhaps because all possible solutions would take too long), then I'd comfortably plan for the outcome of not reaching the concert. I wouldn't be bothered or disappointed. I'd attempt to find the best possible solution to the circumstances. My outward reaction would be calm and composed. I'd take a few moments to assess the circumstances, then I'd attempt to find viable solutions to it.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If we somehow made it to the concert, although I tend not to like loud places anyway, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Regarding the after-party, I'd be disinclined to go. I tend to hate parties, lots of people, and all the sorts of things that go along with it. I hate alcohol, smoking, drinking, loud music, rambunctious people, and so forth. If they all wanted to go and my way home depended on them, then I would go with them as that would be the will of the majority. In this particular circumstance, their will does not place me in anything more than discomfort, so it's not an immense sacrifice. If my way home did not depend upon them, then I would part ways with them. In any case, if I ended up at this party, I would probably stay by myself on the outskirts of it until it concluded.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward feelings would be curiosity. I'd be curious of their position and why they believe something which is contrary to my own position. I wouldn't feel offended, or well, I wouldn't really feel much of anything. I'd just be curious and interested in exploring their position more. Outwardly, I would ask them questions about their position and seek to understand it better. I'd respond with my own position and provide evidence in support of my beliefs. I'd essentially enter a debate, generally for the purposes of learning. I'd politely attack and criticize their position to figure it out more. In the end, I'd hope to gain a more comprehensive understanding of both sides, the evidence used to support both sides, and then I'd re-evaluate my position and readjust it to meet the evidence most coherently.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If I personally experienced something which clashed with my previous beliefs, I'd immediately attempt to understand it. If it clashes with my beliefs, then it's something which I either haven't accounted for or my current schemas do not sufficiently (or perhaps incorrectly) explain it. As such, I would investigate the experience, study it, reflect on it, and attempt to thoroughly understand it. I would likely attempt to expand my knowledge of it through engaging in similar experiences or by researching experiences online which are similar. The end result would hopefully be that I would assimilate the information and use it to better inform myself in the future.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I deeply, deeply value the truth, knowledge, and honesty. I've always been extremely intellectually curious. Since I was very young, I've been very interested in learning about different things and understanding the world. I think it really has taken off in the last few years though as I've become more connected to myself and as I've gained a greater awareness of the world around me. I value honesty deeply because from a young age, I was deceived and lied to very thoroughly. I had a very difficult time with trusting people growing up (and even until this age, but I've gotten much better at it). Honesty is a really huge part of that and so I value it thoroughly. I value human well-being thoroughly, and I value equality greatly too. This is something that I've only really, really developed later in life (only in recent years). I've always been tremendously caring, overly so, towards people that I become close to, but a lot of my care for people in general was skewed by a lack of mental well-being and a rough childhood. In these recent years, however, I've become much more concerned with general well-being and I've become far more altruistic and empathetic. This has largely been the influence of my significant other who has shown me an immense warmth and kindness through some of my most difficult points in life. How can these values change? I'm not really sure if they can. They're sort of my default position.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Well, for one, I'm not really sure what most distinguishes me. I used to suffer from a terribly immense identity crisis for the majority of my life, and although I feel like I've found who I am, I try not to focus so much on any feeling of being special or unique in the grand scheme of human-beings. If I had to select something though, I'd probably say that it's my even-temperament. I'm very, very good at handling situations and reacting calmly to almost everything. I tend to seek out solutions rather than become weighed down. I'm also very adept at coping with unexpected circumstances and negative outcomes. I tend to be very strong-willed mentally.

I'm not sure that I would change something about who I am. I'm happy with who I am as a person, and I don't really focus on being different. I always seek to enhance the person that I am through experience, of course, but I wouldn't fundamentally change anything. If I have to select something, although this is slightly a cop-out, I'd just prefer to enrich my existence with more experiences which are foreign to me. I think having an extensive repertoire of experiences is important for growth and for living.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Well, I'm not so sure I really get them much to begin with. I tend to always seek out more evidence and prefer not to base my decisions off of hunches, per se. I'd rather analyze the situation thoroughly, collect evidence, and sort it out from there. Again though, hunches don't tend to come up much. My significant other is strongly in-tune with her gut feelings - I am not. The only thing that I could really say that relates is that I do have some strong awareness about myself as an individual. I'm often very in-tune and connected to my own feelings, thoughts, needs, and wants. When it comes to things about myself, I tend to weigh my own gut feelings in a lot more. It's a little difficult to explain, but for the most part, I essentially know almost exactly what I need, want, or what have you in any situation. I tend to be very aware of what will make me feel certain ways and I know how best to either avoid or capture those feelings through my actions. This self-awareness and intuition is something that weighs heavily into my decisions. Now, as for the external world, I rely almost solely upon reasoning, evidence, and my own analysis. I gauge people, situations, claims, and all sorts of external things based on rigorously assessing evidence and forming decisions from them - decisions of which are still open to change if new evidence should present itself.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Well, I really adore spending time with my significant other. She is the most wonderful and delightful person I've ever met. Outside of her though, I really enjoy learning and writing. I enjoy participating in online forums like this one. I also thoroughly enjoy engaging in debates or intelligent discussions on matters. Oh, and I absolutely love organizing things. I love cleaning, organizing my computer files, creating systems for documents, scheduling, making plans, and all sorts of systematic, organizational work.

I tend to be drained by large gatherings. I don't really like being around tons of people. I can socialize and keep up a conversation, but it's not really my thing. I'd prefer to be with my significant other, by myself, or just around a very small group of people. I enjoy social jobs like customer service work where I'm helping people or where that's really my job requirement, but socializing with large groups of people isn't something I'd do for fun. Working with people is enjoyable, but simply being around them isn't. I also tend to find really loud noises to be draining. I realize that such a thing isn't an activity, but anything from concerts to parties, they just really bother me. I don't like noise or being around tons of people. I'd prefer quiet, intellectual activities. Oh, I don't care for sports either. I find physical work like that to be dreadful and boring. Speaking of which, I also tend to dislike working with my hands. That tires me as well. I'd rather create systems, learn, discuss ideas, or do things of that nature.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I'm not sure. I don't think there's anything that I really repress on either end. I'm pretty open about what I think, the way that I am, and how I approach people. If I have an opinion about something, I share it freely. I'll generally enter into debates with people if I should feel the need to. I'm also extremely emotional, or at least I have this very immense capacity for deep emotions. Earlier in life, they used to be very negative, but now that I'm healthier, I live in a sort of blissful state which sometimes becomes an ecstatic state. I have no reservations about my feelings. Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't really repress anything. More to the point, I try my best to embrace myself and keep my internal world and external world as close together as I possibly can. I'm very open because it's something that I value, I'd prefer to be around people that actually like me for who I am, I find hiding parts of myself to be unnecessarily tiresome and upsetting, and I know that I really need to just be myself for my own well-being.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help. It's very appreciated.
Again, if you have questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
So, I'd like to get a clearer picture of what functions I tend to use and to what degree my other functions are developed. I've taken function tests before and from what I've heard, they tend not to be so accurate. As such, I was looking to get a better understanding of my functions from people here who know more about typology. I've consistently typed as a particular type for years now, but I've hidden that and would like to get reads from others just to see if there's any different interpretation - purely out of curiosity. In any case though, what I'm most concerned with is my functions. I'll be filling out the "What's My Type Questionnaire" by Spades. If you have any other questions though, feel free to ask me. Thanks for your help.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There's nothing that would affect my answers. I'm not on any medication, nothing unique is going on in my life, and I'm quite mentally healthy. I'm 19 and male, and I'm in a neutral state of mind. I'm feeling well, so there's no agitation, depression, or any answer-altering states really present.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

The photo can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rinzizen/17232145911/in/explore-2015-04-22

In any case, I'm most drawn to the water and the darker parts of the photo. The bright colors seem a little off-putting to me, but the water seems quite tranquil. I also really appreciate photography that contrasts different elements (such as light and dark or the real world and the reflected one). I think the composition of the photograph is also clean and appealing as well. I wouldn't want to imbue any forced meaning into though for the sake of this as honestly, at its surface level, it doesn't really appeal to me overall. I derive no actual meaning from the photo. It's pleasantly composed, but it's not something I'd like to have around, nor is it something that speaks to me.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Well, both internally and externally, I'd be very calm. I'd probably have an "oh well, it happens" sort of attitude. My initial thoughts would be more-so about figuring out what to do. If anything, I'd attempt to figure out all of the possible courses of action that could be taken. These actions could involve different things, such as fixing the car, getting a ride from someone else, et cetera. They wouldn't be all about getting to the concert though. If somehow that wasn't an option any longer (perhaps because all possible solutions would take too long), then I'd comfortably plan for the outcome of not reaching the concert. I wouldn't be bothered or disappointed. I'd attempt to find the best possible solution to the circumstances. My outward reaction would be calm and composed. I'd take a few moments to assess the circumstances, then I'd attempt to find viable solutions to it.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If we somehow made it to the concert, although I tend not to like loud places anyway, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Regarding the after-party, I'd be disinclined to go. I tend to hate parties, lots of people, and all the sorts of things that go along with it. I hate alcohol, smoking, drinking, loud music, rambunctious people, and so forth. If they all wanted to go and my way home depended on them, then I would go with them as that would be the will of the majority. In this particular circumstance, their will does not place me in anything more than discomfort, so it's not an immense sacrifice. If my way home did not depend upon them, then I would part ways with them. In any case, if I ended up at this party, I would probably stay by myself on the outskirts of it until it concluded.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward feelings would be curiosity. I'd be curious of their position and why they believe something which is contrary to my own position. I wouldn't feel offended, or well, I wouldn't really feel much of anything. I'd just be curious and interested in exploring their position more. Outwardly, I would ask them questions about their position and seek to understand it better. I'd respond with my own position and provide evidence in support of my beliefs. I'd essentially enter a debate, generally for the purposes of learning. I'd politely attack and criticize their position to figure it out more. In the end, I'd hope to gain a more comprehensive understanding of both sides, the evidence used to support both sides, and then I'd re-evaluate my position and readjust it to meet the evidence most coherently.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If I personally experienced something which clashed with my previous beliefs, I'd immediately attempt to understand it. If it clashes with my beliefs, then it's something which I either haven't accounted for or my current schemas do not sufficiently (or perhaps incorrectly) explain it. As such, I would investigate the experience, study it, reflect on it, and attempt to thoroughly understand it. I would likely attempt to expand my knowledge of it through engaging in similar experiences or by researching experiences online which are similar. The end result would hopefully be that I would assimilate the information and use it to better inform myself in the future.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I deeply, deeply value the truth, knowledge, and honesty. I've always been extremely intellectually curious. Since I was very young, I've been very interested in learning about different things and understanding the world. I think it really has taken off in the last few years though as I've become more connected to myself and as I've gained a greater awareness of the world around me. I value honesty deeply because from a young age, I was deceived and lied to very thoroughly. I had a very difficult time with trusting people growing up (and even until this age, but I've gotten much better at it). Honesty is a really huge part of that and so I value it thoroughly. I value human well-being thoroughly, and I value equality greatly too. This is something that I've only really, really developed later in life (only in recent years). I've always been tremendously caring, overly so, towards people that I become close to, but a lot of my care for people in general was skewed by a lack of mental well-being and a rough childhood. In these recent years, however, I've become much more concerned with general well-being and I've become far more altruistic and empathetic. This has largely been the influence of my significant other who has shown me an immense warmth and kindness through some of my most difficult points in life. How can these values change? I'm not really sure if they can. They're sort of my default position.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Well, for one, I'm not really sure what most distinguishes me. I used to suffer from a terribly immense identity crisis for the majority of my life, and although I feel like I've found who I am, I try not to focus so much on any feeling of being special or unique in the grand scheme of human-beings. If I had to select something though, I'd probably say that it's my even-temperament. I'm very, very good at handling situations and reacting calmly to almost everything. I tend to seek out solutions rather than become weighed down. I'm also very adept at coping with unexpected circumstances and negative outcomes. I tend to be very strong-willed mentally.

I'm not sure that I would change something about who I am. I'm happy with who I am as a person, and I don't really focus on being different. I always seek to enhance the person that I am through experience, of course, but I wouldn't fundamentally change anything. If I have to select something, although this is slightly a cop-out, I'd just prefer to enrich my existence with more experiences which are foreign to me. I think having an extensive repertoire of experiences is important for growth and for living.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Well, I'm not so sure I really get them much to begin with. I tend to always seek out more evidence and prefer not to base my decisions off of hunches, per se. I'd rather analyze the situation thoroughly, collect evidence, and sort it out from there. Again though, hunches don't tend to come up much. My significant other is strongly in-tune with her gut feelings - I am not. The only thing that I could really say that relates is that I do have some strong awareness about myself as an individual. I'm often very in-tune and connected to my own feelings, thoughts, needs, and wants. When it comes to things about myself, I tend to weigh my own gut feelings in a lot more. It's a little difficult to explain, but for the most part, I essentially know almost exactly what I need, want, or what have you in any situation. I tend to be very aware of what will make me feel certain ways and I know how best to either avoid or capture those feelings through my actions. This self-awareness and intuition is something that weighs heavily into my decisions. Now, as for the external world, I rely almost solely upon reasoning, evidence, and my own analysis. I gauge people, situations, claims, and all sorts of external things based on rigorously assessing evidence and forming decisions from them - decisions of which are still open to change if new evidence should present itself.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Well, I really adore spending time with my significant other. She is the most wonderful and delightful person I've ever met. Outside of her though, I really enjoy learning and writing. I enjoy participating in online forums like this one. I also thoroughly enjoy engaging in debates or intelligent discussions on matters. Oh, and I absolutely love organizing things. I love cleaning, organizing my computer files, creating systems for documents, scheduling, making plans, and all sorts of systematic, organizational work.

I tend to be drained by large gatherings. I don't really like being around tons of people. I can socialize and keep up a conversation, but it's not really my thing. I'd prefer to be with my significant other, by myself, or just around a very small group of people. I enjoy social jobs like customer service work where I'm helping people or where that's really my job requirement, but socializing with large groups of people isn't something I'd do for fun. Working with people is enjoyable, but simply being around them isn't. I also tend to find really loud noises to be draining. I realize that such a thing isn't an activity, but anything from concerts to parties, they just really bother me. I don't like noise or being around tons of people. I'd prefer quiet, intellectual activities. Oh, I don't care for sports either. I find physical work like that to be dreadful and boring. Speaking of which, I also tend to dislike working with my hands. That tires me as well. I'd rather create systems, learn, discuss ideas, or do things of that nature.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I'm not sure. I don't think there's anything that I really repress on either end. I'm pretty open about what I think, the way that I am, and how I approach people. If I have an opinion about something, I share it freely. I'll generally enter into debates with people if I should feel the need to. I'm also extremely emotional, or at least I have this very immense capacity for deep emotions. Earlier in life, they used to be very negative, but now that I'm healthier, I live in a sort of blissful state which sometimes becomes an ecstatic state. I have no reservations about my feelings. Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't really repress anything. More to the point, I try my best to embrace myself and keep my internal world and external world as close together as I possibly can. I'm very open because it's something that I value, I'd prefer to be around people that actually like me for who I am, I find hiding parts of myself to be unnecessarily tiresome and upsetting, and I know that I really need to just be myself for my own well-being.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help. It's very appreciated.
Again, if you have questions, feel free to ask.
Hi Clyme ^^

Hmm, what I'm seeing here is a lot of Te/Fi. I definitely would not doubt that aspect of your personality, you seem to have a surplus of Te and Fi. How you try to figure out the "best course of action" for things, and also considering your love of organizing things- very Te. You also appear to portray a good amount of Fi, especially with how you enjoy spending time with your significant other. Oh, and you seem very sure of yourself and who you are (at least now, I'm sorry that you weren't before), which is Te/Fi as well.

In terms of your perceiving axes, I would say Ni/Se fits as well. You seem to observe the reality, the actual, physical traits of the image and build meaning from that. However, it's harder to say, these questionnaire's typically only do good discovering the judging axes.

However, I'd say for the most part, Te/Fi and Ni/Se fit you. Also, your overall attitude (your values and such), is very NT.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say the type you typed yourself as before fits well. May I ask, if you don't mind, why you're doubting it?

Reactions: Clyme

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clyme ^^

Hmm, what I'm seeing here is a lot of Te/Fi. I definitely would not doubt that aspect of your personality, you seem to have a surplus of Te and Fi. How you try to figure out the "best course of action" for things, and also considering your love of organizing things- very Te. You also appear to portray a good amount of Fi, especially with how you enjoy spending time with your significant other. Oh, and you seem very sure of yourself and who you are (at least now, I'm sorry that you weren't before), which is Te/Fi as well.

In terms of your perceiving axes, I would say Ni/Se fits as well. You seem to observe the reality, the actual, physical traits of the image and build meaning from that. However, it's harder to say, these questionnaire's typically only do good discovering the judging axes.

However, I'd say for the most part, Te/Fi and Ni/Se fit you. Also, your overall attitude (your values and such), is very NT.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say the type you typed yourself as before fits well. May I ask, if you don't mind, why you're doubting it?
Hey there.

Ah, I didn't know you were getting into typology. Thank you for your interpretation and also for so quickly getting back to me. I was expecting to wait a few days before I got any responses. Anyway, would you be able to explain those functions to me more in plain terms, just so I know what's going on? I tend not to be familiar with them so much, so explaining them and perhaps adding an example or two would help. Also, what are "perceiving axes"?

Oh, I'm not doubting my type. I'm fairly certain of my type. I'm just looking to understand my functions better. I would like to know what my dominant functions are and what my weaker functions are. Quizzes only do so much. I'm looking to gain more insight from people more knowledgeable with typology. I seem to score most highly with Ti/Te functions, followed by a dominant Fi. My lowest scores tend to be Se, although I've had weird states of ecstasy brought on by being really, really in-tune with the world around me. At least, it was described to me as Se. I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but I think it might be some weird internal manifestation that's projected into the outside world. It feels like my internal constructs harmonize with everything external to me and the universe begins flooding with some sort of cosmic poetry that my body is so delicately woven into - if that makes any sense at all.

Also, as for the identity crisis, it's perfectly fine. Life is all a journey. I had so many difficulties early on in life due to an absolutely rotten childhood. I'm relatively certain that I suffered from BPD. At least, the criteria for the disorder describe the bulk of my life very accurately. In the last few years however, I've become very, very healthy and have anchored myself. Anyway, as I said, it's all a journey. I appreciate your empathy though.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hey there.

Ah, I didn't know you were getting into typology. Thank you for your interpretation and also for so quickly getting back to me. I was expecting to wait a few days before I got any responses. Anyway, would you be able to explain those functions to me more in plain terms, just so I know what's going on? I tend not to be familiar with them so much, so explaining them and perhaps adding an example or two would help. Also, what are "perceiving axes"?

Oh, I'm not doubting my type. I'm fairly certain of my type. I'm just looking to understand my functions better. I would like to know what my dominant functions are and what my weaker functions are. Quizzes only do so much. I'm looking to gain more insight from people more knowledgeable with typology. I seem to score most highly with Ti/Te functions, followed by a dominant Fi. My lowest scores tend to be Se, although I've had weird states of ecstasy brought on by being really, really in-tune with the world around me. At least, it was described to me as Se. I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but I think it might be some weird internal manifestation that's projected into the outside world. It feels like my internal constructs harmonize with everything external to me and the universe begins flooding with some sort of cosmic poetry that my body is so delicately woven into - if that makes any sense at all.

Also, as for the identity crisis, it's perfectly fine. Life is all a journey. I had so many difficulties early on in life due to an absolutely rotten childhood. I'm relatively certain that I suffered from BPD. At least, the criteria for the disorder describe the bulk of my life very accurately. In the last few years however, I've become very, very healthy and have anchored myself. Anyway, as I said, it's all a journey. I appreciate your empathy though.
I see.

Yes, I had to go into typology in order to type myself accurately. Oh, and you're welcome.

Function axes are basically rooted with the idea that if you have one function in your stack, you will also have the exact opposite of that function in your stack. For example, if you have Te in your stack, you will automatically have Fi in your stack. Or if you have Ne, you must have Si. They call these combinations (Si-Ne, Ni-Se, Fe-Ti, Fi-Te) function "axes", because they're in essence opposite axes of each other. Perceiving axes are the ones involving your perceiving functions (intuition and sensing), whilst judging axes are the ones involving your judging functions (feeling and thinking.) It is a fairly recent study, and if you want, I can link you to some videos that would better explain them.

Interesting, all of those qualities would indicate inferior Se. And the strong Fi probably just indicates that your Fi is well developed (which is good.)

I am going to link you to this channel on youtube. He's pretty well known in this community, and has a surplus of videos on the functions and types, etc. It should explain them very thoroughly, or at least much better than any website can do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmDcT_Pujk8vOcxk_IcnxtQ

And, I understand. I can see why you consider it your journey. It doesn't sound too pleasant, however.

Reactions: Clyme

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see.

Yes, I had to go into typology in order to type myself accurately. Oh, and you're welcome.

Function axes are basically rooted with the idea that if you have one function in your stack, you will also have the exact opposite of that function in your stack. For example, if you have Te in your stack, you will automatically have Fi in your stack. Or if you have Ne, you must have Si. They call these combinations (Si-Ne, Ni-Se, Fe-Ti, Fi-Te) function "axes", because they're in essence opposite axes of each other. Perceiving axes are the ones involving your perceiving functions (intuition and sensing), whilst judging axes are the ones involving your judging functions (feeling and thinking.) It is a fairly recent study, and if you want, I can link you to some videos that would better explain them.

Interesting, all of those qualities would indicate inferior Se. And the strong Fi probably just indicates that your Fi is well developed (which is good.)

I am going to link you to this channel on youtube. He's pretty well known in this community, and has a surplus of videos on the functions and types, etc. It should explain them very thoroughly, or at least much better than any website can do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmDcT_Pujk8vOcxk_IcnxtQ

And, I understand. I can see why you consider it your journey. It doesn't sound too pleasant, however.
I see. Thank you for providing me with those explanations. I appreciate the link too. I'll have a look later if I have time to.

It was quite, quite unpleasant really, but it's provided plenty of opportunities for growth, understanding, and learning. Although, I wouldn't have made it without my significant other. She's my anchor, by the way. I'd float away without her.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let's see, certainly an inward turning individual, giving us Ni, Ti, Fi, or Si as dominant function. It looks like your world is filtered through the lens of mood giving me an Fe auxiliary kinda vibe. Which makes you an IXFJ. Then we have Ni or Si as your dominant function. You seem to use specific details when recalling a situation or forecasting behavior, which indicates Si to me. So then, ISFJ and Si, Fe, Ti, Ne are your cognitive function stack. What do you mean when you say you're interested in cognitive functions though?

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not read this yetand , but you could probably tag some of the Mafia people to come swarm the thread with input ^^;.
I wouldn't know who to tag, and besides, I'm not sure who's interested in typology out of that group.

Let's see, certainly an inward turning individual, giving us Ni, Ti, Fi, or Si as dominant function. It looks like your world is filtered through the lens of mood giving me an Fe auxiliary kinda vibe. Which makes you an IXFJ. Then we have Ni or Si as your dominant function. You seem to use specific details when recalling a situation or forecasting behavior, which indicates Si to me. So then, ISFJ and Si, Fe, Ti, Ne are your cognitive function stack. What do you mean when you say you're interested in cognitive functions though?
I see. What do you mean by my world being "filtered through the lens of mood"? Also, when I say that I'm interested in understanding which cognitive functions are my strongest, I simply mean that I wish to understand which functions I tend to have more proficiency with when interacting with the world. I wish to understand the way I digest the world better.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I see. Thank you for providing me with those explanations. I appreciate the link too. I'll have a look later if I have time to.

It was quite, quite unpleasant really, but it's provided plenty of opportunities for growth, understanding, and learning. Although, I wouldn't have made it without my significant other. She's my anchor, by the way. I'd float away without her.
Alright, that sounds quite fine. ^^

Ah, I see. That's actually lovely, I'm glad you have someone who you can rely on in that way. I hope that your future remains much better than your past.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To say filtered through the lens of mood was probably a knee jerk summation of the calm attitude present in your writing. I started the reading with "neutral state of mind" and felt it was a predominating factor throughout. It probably has no actual bearing/was truly a transient mood that does not signal much of anything about pervasive type. As far as which cognitive functions are strongest, its a pretty tricky game as far as I can tell. Supposedly our dominant and auxiliary functions work so constantly and proficiently that it's difficult to stop and accurately identify them. One interesting idea I've heard of is to consider the functions you struggle with/disregard and work backwards from there. For example, Fi dominant would disregard Te and would tend to say the misunderstandings and strife between people are unwarranted. Whereas a Te dominant would say the morality and feelings of others are obstacles in the way of achievement. To really get the meat and bones of cognitive functions try skipping around "Psychological Types" by Carl Jung, dense and highly abstract stuff but amazing information.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, that sounds quite fine. ^^

Ah, I see. That's actually lovely, I'm glad you have someone who you can rely on in that way. I hope that your future remains much better than your past.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. Well, with her in my life, it will no doubt forever be better than my past.

To say filtered through the lens of mood was probably a knee jerk summation of the calm attitude present in your writing. I started the reading with "neutral state of mind" and felt it was a predominating factor throughout. It probably has no actual bearing/was truly a transient mood that does not signal much of anything about pervasive type. As far as which cognitive functions are strongest, its a pretty tricky game as far as I can tell. Supposedly our dominant and auxiliary functions work so constantly and proficiently that it's difficult to stop and accurately identify them. One interesting idea I've heard of is to consider the functions you struggle with/disregard and work backwards from there. For example, Fi dominant would disregard Te and would tend to say the misunderstandings and strife between people are unwarranted. Whereas a Te dominant would say the morality and feelings of others are obstacles in the way of achievement. To really get the meat and bones of cognitive functions try skipping around "Psychological Types" by Carl Jung, dense and highly abstract stuff but amazing information.
Ah, thank you for providing that explanation. Yes, I do continuously have a very even temperament. My emotions are strongly regulated despite how intense they can often be. I suppose I better do some reading then and work on it. The things that I tend to score most highly in when I take those function profiles tend to be Te and Ti. Anyway, thank you for the recommendation and for your thoughts. I'll take note of it and look into it more when I have more time available to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts