Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I already know which type fits me, but to be objective as much as possible I want others to type me. Plus, I removed my Myers Briggs type from my profile so you can't use that.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Currently I'm a student majoring in Bio-molecular science at NYU, but I want to become a doctor. However, I really enjoy science because it explains things and tells us how things operate. In particular, I really enjoy quantum physics. I find it very interesting...
I also would love to actually meet someone special who's like me, but my intelligence is a barrier.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt really amazing when I shadowed a doctor because he taught me as if I was a medical student (at the moment I was 18 years old). I also felt like this in another instant when I saw how a reverse osmosis plant cleaned water.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Uh, nothing...
Probably when I don't know where I'm going in my life, and feel like I haven't learned enough. I also hate to have my intelligence downplayed from others.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I focus on the pros and cons.
If I was in an argument I would make my own mind up based on which side has more pros to it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When I'm working on a project I emphasis about order. I also like to control the outcome by having a picture in mind on what I want. I would prefer to work alone on the project.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
See question 3.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I love to learn by looking at pictures, I have an eidetic memory.
I hate experimenting I would rather work it out with mathematical methods.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm usually organized but not an ultra-nationalist like organizer.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I like to look at the principles behind them. Tons of information usually drains me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I usually don't care about how others are doing. I would rather follow my own ideas and be myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I rather have a one-to-on, and I usually think before I speak.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I definitely want to know what I'm jumping into. I believe that you should have an idea of what you want to do and then act on that rather than being lazy and saying that you'll do it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Stay home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'll have the tendency to become much more introverted, however, I will still appear clam to other people.
I had a moment where I was really stressed it was caused by uncertainty about my future. I had to know what career I want to go for in my life.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I usually don't care about others. But, I guess the people who are really negative annoy me. Example of this is when I was working on a project on finding an innovative idea, and every idea I had this female kept saying it was impossible or unrealistic.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I really like to talk about new ideas and finds, scientific finds.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Definitely sports.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't have a lot of friends but my classmates say I'm very analytical, know-it-all, and systematic. I don't see anything wrong with their view. As for the final question I really don't know, you should ask my classmates.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Staying at home reading, researching, going to a museum, watching an educational show, or thinking about something.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
ENTJ or ESTJ. Extraverted Thinking type for sure. First guess was Te-dom, but you might be an INTJ (but I kinda doubt it - you don't seem to have the issues around Sensation or know-it-all-ness to be an Intuitive or the uniqueness of perception/doomsaying of an Introverted Sensation type). Your post just sort of smells of Te-dominance including the brevity of your responses, and the off-handed comment about nothing making you feel inferior (typical of people with poor self-evaluation especially Inferior Fi).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ENTJ or ESTJ. Extraverted Thinking type for sure. First guess was Te-dom, but you might be an INTJ (but I kinda doubt it - you don't seem to have the issues around Sensation or know-it-all-ness to be an Intuitive or the uniqueness of perception/doomsaying of an Introverted Sensation type). Your post just sort of smells of Te-dominance including the brevity of your responses, and the off-handed comment about nothing making you feel inferior (typical of people with poor self-evaluation especially Inferior Fi).
I'm really introverted though... Plus you should consider that my age is 19. So that means I might not have well developed inferior functions. Plus, I do kinda come off as a know it all sometimes...

Additional: I changed my answer to that to reflect my real hatred.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I'm really introverted though... Plus you should consider that my age is 19. So that means I might not have well developed inferior functions. Plus, I do kinda come off an a know it all sometimes...
I really do not think you are introvert. Your entire post is so object-focused it would be really hard to characterize you as someone whose focus is inward. In fact there's a very almost obvious lack of inner focus in your writing, brief as they may have been. You are probably just not sociable and prefer to keep your own company, but this doesn't make you an introvert. (If you are an introvert you are in one hell of a grip of an Extraverted function). Introverts are oriented firstly to the subjective. For example, the introverted thinking type may come up with an idea, pursue that idea in depth, but really make no attempt to ascertain whether or not that idea has any validity in the real world. It's all in HIS head. If it makes sense to him (even if its objectively nonsensical) then that is all that matters. That is the nature of introversion, an orientation firstly toward the self with a (largely unconscious) counter-reaction back to the outer world (the INTP's misanthropy, sensitivity or just inability to effectively deal with the evaluations of the outer world).

With all introverted functions (and all introverts) we are focused on the experience of the self (subjective) over the objective. With Introverted Sensation, what you take from a sense perception becomes paramount to the actual qualities of the experience (whereas the extraverted sensation type thrives on the stimulation itself without projecting anything from within into that experience). Same goes for Introverted Feeling where surface-level or accepted value judgments are downplayed in favor of internal ideals that may or may not relate to the real world (again the self takes precedence over the actual). And so on.

From your brief post I don't really get much sense that you are oriented to the inner world at all. It is quite common for extraverts, who don't spend a whole lot of time in self-reflection anyway (generally choosing to be consumed by the object, i.e. their work, research, values, family, goals, concepts, etc. -- things outside of themselves) to find those rare moments of true introversion special and think they are introverts, not realizing just how much time of their conscious cognition is devoted to outer objects or ideas.

The Extraverted Thinking type essentially lives by a code. A conceptual ideal. Let's say it's 'making money,' or 'stability' or 'financial freedom,' or 'honor' or 'duty' or 'the rule of law,' or 'the scientific method,' etc. But you understand that these are all concepts. They are conceptual ideals that the Extraverted Thinking type adopts, generally as the dominant way of motivating his actions and worldview. This orientation toward the outer is what gives the Te-type the characteristic downplay of self (they characteristically might say "It doesn't matter what I think, the only thing that matters is the law, or doing a good job, or getting out of debt" or whatever concept they have adopted as their manifesto.

There's a few things that jump out
I already know which type fits me, but to be objective as much as possible I want others to type me. Plus, I removed my Myers Briggs type from my profile so you can't use that.
Why? Why the emphasis on objectivity? Why the downplay of your own opinions on the matter. (Fe-types like INTP often come onto forums like that spewing all kinds of stuff about their type or their discoveries or their ideas, crazy as they might be).

I love to learn by looking at pictures, I have an eidetic memory.
I hate experimenting I would rather work it out with mathematical methods.
This doesn't exclude you from being a Ti-dom. But it definitely seems to indicate someone more oriented toward Sensation than Intuition (or at least someone for whom Sensation, even in the inferior in say an INTJ, plays a vital role).

I like to look at the principles behind them. Tons of information usually drains me.
Again not typical of the introverted attitude of Thinking which seeks depth over breadth generally speaking. Dominant Te-types sort of stereotypically are obsessed with efficiency, only learning what they need to know to get the result they want, not necessarily interested in acquiring facts for their own sake (this isn't true for Fi-doms though like INFPs who often get consumed with outer facts and can't effectively categorize and systemize them).

I focus on the pros and cons.
If I was in an argument I would make my own mind up based on which side has more pros to it.
This is vague but it suggests objective orientation (and probably some Fi).

When I'm working on a project I emphasis about order. I also like to control the outcome by having a picture in mind on what I want.
This is the line that made me think xNTJ. Seeing the outcome before it occurs. But again I would ask why do you feel the need to control the outcome? What would happen if you didn't? Would it cause stress? And why? You see where I'm getting at with the self-reflection. Extraverts have a tendency to refer to themselves from the standpoint of simple identification. They describe the 'what' of who they are. Simply saying things like "I sometimes don't like it when people do x." But what we really want to know is "why?" and thats where the real self-evaluation, that generally comes more naturally to introverts, begins to betray a person as being an Extravert (even if their behavior appears to be introverted -- many behavioral introverts have just been socialized that way or are uncomfortable in social situations, which is not uncommon to Thinking types anyway).

I usually don't care about how others are doing. I would rather follow my own ideas and be myself.
Low functioning Introverted Feeling.

I'll have the tendency to become much more introverted, however, I will still appear clam to other people.
I had a moment where I was really stressed it was caused by uncertainty about my future. I had to know what career I want to go for in my life.
Again Introverts under stress have a tendency to actually become more Extraverted (their unconscious Extraversion rises up and overwhelms them). Extraverts do just the opposite and begin to shut the world out (momentarily of course). Again I would ask what about your future being uncertain made you so stressed out? And why?

I don't have a lot of friends but my classmates say I'm very analytical and systematic. I don't see anything wrong with their view. As for the final question I really don't know, you should ask my classmates.
Introverts have a tendency to novelize/write full autobiographies about themselves and how they think other people see them (even if sometimes their assumptions are way off). On some level they are aware that who they are on the inside is not how they come across so they go through great pains to spell out the difference (just read some of the other type me threads, they're damn near autobiographies at times). You simply defer to your classmates (again orientation to the outer object) without much of a fight. "I dunno ask them," is about what your answer amounts to, which again suggests a lack of self-reflection that is characteristic of Extraverted Thinking types.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The Extraverted Thinking type essentially lives by a code. A conceptual ideal. Let's say it's 'making money,' or 'stability' or 'financial freedom,' or 'honor' or 'duty' or 'the rule of law,' or 'the scientific method,' etc. But you understand that these are all concepts. They are conceptual ideals that the Extraverted Thinking type adopts, generally as the dominant way of motivating his actions and worldview. This orientation toward the outer is what gives the Te-type the characteristic downplay of self (they characteristically might say "It doesn't matter what I think, the only thing that matters is the law, or doing a good job, or getting out of debt" or whatever concept they have adopted as their manifesto.
PERFECTLY PUT (like everything else in your post, truly)! This is most likely behind the stereotypes of Te types being dogmatic (which more-often-than-not tends to be projection from higher Fi types onto higher Te types, since the idea of conceptual integrity tends to be a bit scary to, well, mainly inferior Te types (and they can be dogmatic when it comes to their values if they aren't careful with inferior Te), although it's not impossible for tert. Te types could be a bit timid about this if tert. Te is highly "shadow" in them for whatever the reason.) I think the OP is most likely an extravert as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My infestation with Te can be explained. My professor is really big on details and my future depends on passing his class. If my Ni fails to help me out then wouldn't I rely on my Te.

From your brief post I don't really get much sense that you are oriented to the inner world at all. It is quite common for extraverts, who don't spend a whole lot of time in self-reflection anyway (generally choosing to be consumed by the object, i.e. their work, research, values, family, goals, concepts, etc. -- things outside of themselves) to find those rare moments of true introversion special and think they are introverts, not realizing just how much time of their conscious cognition is devoted to outer objects or ideas.
I did think a lot about self-reflection. I stressed on what career would suite me in order to make me happy. I was really reflecting on whether being a doctor or a physics professor would make me happy.

Why? Why the emphasis on objectivity? Why the downplay of your own opinions on the matter. (Fe-types like INTP often come onto forums like that spewing all kinds of stuff about their type or their discoveries or their ideas, crazy as they might be).
I want to be sure that I'm not mistyping myself. I really do want to grow personality wise so I know how important it is to type myself correctly. I really want to improve myself.

Again not typical of the introverted attitude of Thinking which seeks depth over breadth generally speaking. Dominant Te-types sort of stereotypically are obsessed with efficiency, only learning what they need to know to get the result they want, not necessarily interested in acquiring facts for their own sake (this isn't true for Fi-doms though like INFPs who often get consumed with outer facts and can't effectively categorize and systemize them).
Well truthfully I research everyday in order to accumulate information. Mostly molecules, biology, physics, math, philosophy, and politics.

This is the line that made me think xNTJ. Seeing the outcome before it occurs. But again I would ask why do you feel the need to control the outcome? What would happen if you didn't? Would it cause stress? And why? You see where I'm getting at with the self-reflection. Extraverts have a tendency to refer to themselves from the standpoint of simple identification. They describe the 'what' of who they are. Simply saying things like "I sometimes don't like it when people do x." But what we really want to know is "why?" and thats where the real self-evaluation, that generally comes more naturally to introverts, begins to betray a person as being an Extravert (even if their behavior appears to be introverted -- many behavioral introverts have just been socialized that way or are uncomfortable in social situations, which is not uncommon to Thinking types anyway).
I want to control the outcome so that it's perfect as much as it can be. If I don't have a picture then its pretty similar to my moment where I had difficulty with choosing my career.

Again Introverts under stress have a tendency to actually become more Extraverted (their unconscious Extraversion rises up and overwhelms them). Extraverts do just the opposite and begin to shut the world out (momentarily of course). Again I would ask what about your future being uncertain made you so stressed out? And why?[/qoute]
I had the need to control where my life was heading towards. Plus, I have to add that I've recently became more extroverted. I noticed that I lacked the ability to make friends so I gravitated towards making friends, with much success.
In truth I don't want to end up in a career where I'll regret it everyday. Becoming a physics professor or a neurosurgeon are both excellent choices but I don't know which will make me happier.

Introverts have a tendency to novelize/write full autobiographies about themselves and how they think other people see them (even if sometimes their assumptions are way off). On some level they are aware that who they are on the inside is not how they come across so they go through great pains to spell out the difference (just read some of the other type me threads, they're damn near autobiographies at times). You simply defer to your classmates (again orientation to the outer object) without much of a fight. "I dunno ask them," is about what your answer amounts to, which again suggests a lack of self-reflection that is characteristic of Extraverted Thinking types.
Well it's quite late here and I had a test to study for so I had to cut it short.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
If you're suggesting that you see yourself as an INTJ I'll defer to @JungyesMBTIno's expertise on that one, but even with your response its just all very Extraverted Judgment-oriented especially this

My professor is really big on details and my future depends on passing his class.
Not getting into the argument as to whether or not this is almost Si-dom level hyperbolizing (it is) but the fact that again the emphasis is still outwardly oriented (your professor's methods, or opinions).

Again there's nothing in your responses that points definitively back at you. It's all surface-level.

I'd be curious to hear you describe your Introverted Intuition, because you have a clear Te/Fi preference (in order to be a Ti-type with this much adherence to Extraverted Judgment you'd have to be an xNFJ or xSFJ and I don't think you're a Feeling type).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're suggesting that you see yourself as an INTJ I'll defer to @JungyesMBTIno 's expertise on that one, but even with your response its just all very Extraverted Judgment-oriented especially this

Not getting into the argument as to whether or not this is almost Si-dom level hyperbolizing (it is) but the fact that again the emphasis is still outwardly oriented (your professor's methods, or opinions).

Again there's nothing in your responses that points definitively back at you. It's all surface-level.

I'd be curious to hear you describe your Introverted Intuition, because you have a clear Te/Fi preference (in order to be a Ti-type with this much adherence to Extraverted Judgment you'd have to be an xNFJ or xSFJ and I don't think you're a Feeling type).

Interesting... I actually did think that I was an INTJ. I still think I am however based on the fact that as a child I loved to take apart my toys to see how they worked.

As for the careers that this site lists http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENTJ_car.html I hate all of them...except the university professor.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Interesting... I actually did think that I was an INTJ. I still think I am however based on the fact that as a child I loved to take apart my toys to see how they worked.

As for the careers that this site lists Careers for ENTJ Personality Type I hate all of them...except the university professor.
Egh I dunno how much I would trust some of the information on that site. Joe Butts sort of does his own thing with the theories, mixing and matching temperament with MBTI and the like. You have to sort of know that going into it. I'd read @simulatedworld's profiles over at Personality Nation which are more Lenore Thomson based (I don't think she has descriptions on her own website). Or Dr. Drenth's at Personality Junkie | The INTP, INFP, INTJ, & INFJ Myers-Briggs Types (& more...).

I think it might be something of an overstatement that all types who like to tinker or take things apart will necessarily be Introverted Thinking types. Because a lot of things could motivate this. For example Introverted Sensation types are very adept at this sort of things. Many a watchmaker, or artisan, sculptor, mathematician, etc are Introverted Sensation types.

The thing that gives away Introverted Thinking types is their terrible Extraverted Feeling. Hypersensitivity to the opinions of others, emotional, moody. They can sort of come off as a poorly adjusted Extraverted Feeling type. I work with one INTP who, intellectual as he is, has an almost whiny, snippy, moody air about him all the time (his Inferior Feeling really comes through and I'm not sure how aware of it he is).

In Psychological Types CG Jung describes Introverted Thinking types as
• Courtesy, amiability, and friendliness may be present, but often with a particular quality suggesting a certain uneasiness, which betrays an ulterior aim, namely, the disarming of an opponent, who must at all costs be pacified and set at ease lest he prove a disturbing-element. In no sense, of course, is he an opponent, but, if at all sensitive, he will feel somewhat repelled, perhaps even depreciated.

• Thus it happens that this type tends to disappear behind a cloud of misunderstanding, which only thickens the more he attempts to assume, by way of compensation and with the help of his inferior functions, a certain mask of urbanity, which often presents a most vivid contrast to his real nature.

• When the time comes for him to transplant his ideas into the world, his is by no means the air of an anxious mother solicitous for her children's welfare; he merely exposes them, and is often extremely annoyed when they fail to thrive on their own account.

• If to his eyes his product appears subjectively correct and true, it must also be so in practice, and others have simply got to bow to its truth. Hardly ever will he go out of his way to win anyone's appreciation of it, especially if it be anyone of influence. And, when he brings himself to do so, he is usually so extremely maladroit that he merely achieves the opposite of his purpose. In his own special province, there are usually awkward experiences with his colleagues, since he never knows how to win their favour; as a rule he only succeeds in showing them how entirely superfluous they are to him. In the pursuit of his ideas he is generally stubborn, headstrong, and quite unamenable to influence.

• He has little influence as a personal teacher, since the mentality of his pupils is strange to him. Besides, teaching has, at bottom, little interest for him, except when it accidentally provides him with a theoretical problem. He is a poor teacher, because while teaching his thought is engaged with the actual material, and will not be satisfied with its mere presentation.

• However clear to himself the inner structure of his thoughts may be, he is not in the least clear where and how they link up with the world of reality. Only with difficulty can he persuade himself to admit that what is clear to him may not be equally clear to everyone. His style is usually loaded and complicated by all sorts of accessories, qualifications, saving clauses, doubts, etc., which spring from his exacting scrupulousness. His work goes slowly and with difficulty. Either he is taciturn or he falls among people who cannot understand him; whereupon he proceeds to gather further proof of the unfathomable stupidity of man.
I sort of think Jung was being half-funny with the last sentence, but it is one that seems so true of Ti-doms (and Thinking types in general) in my experience. They have a tendency to think everyone else is stupid.

But I don't think any of the above statements from Jung about Introverted Thinking types seem to apply to anything you wrote, even given the relative brevity of it. I think you still point heavily toward Te.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.personalityjunkie.com/
I love that site and when I took his quiz it stated that I was more likely to be an INTJ.

Ni is introverted meaning that you will less likely see it. Just like introverted feeling. People who are really big on introverted intuition will be less likely to show their intuition.....

Plus the tertiary function for ENTJ is the Se which will make them kinda look more athletic. I look nothing like an athlete.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Plus the tertiary function for ENTJ is the Se which will make them kinda look more athletic. I look nothing like an athlete.
I think you're over stereotyping here. I'd make a real case for both Dick Cheney and Karl Rove as an ENTJ and there is nothing remotely athletic about either of them. The ENTJ is an Extraverted Thinking type whose Thinking is backed up by their intuition, where the INTJ is person primarily oriented toward gut-feelings, notions, insights, and this is backed up with their Extraverted Thinking. In Ni-doms this sort of manifests as being a 'seer' or having a sense of what might happen down the road, sometimes underlying significances (though this is more appropriate to INFJs) or the ability to get right at the heart of an issue (Sensation types often see Ni-doms as bullshit artists who are just making things up because Intuitives are rarely able to back up their notions with actual facts, just lots of conjecture).

When Jung talks about Intuition he's really speaking specifically of having gut-feelings about something and trusting those instincts. MBTI sort of turned Intuition into creativity and abstraction and all sorts of other things that are not really Intuition. Sensation in either attitude simply refers to sensual perceptions and Intuition simply refers to notions or gut-feelings (which is why they oppose one another - you either perceive what is there via your five senses, or you ignore that data and focus on what isn't there via your intuitions).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still don't believe it's a stereotype sensing extroverted is having care on how you look to the outside I'm inferior on this, big time.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I still don't believe it's a stereotype sensing extroverted is having care on how you look to the outside I'm inferior on this, big time.
Caring about what you look like on the outside could be motivated by so many things unrelated to Sensation (like your environment or how you've been raised or socialized). The persona will play a big role here. It's not a given that, for example, dominant Sensation types will be impeccably dressed or manicured. Some of them are slobs quite frankly. Actually if anything, from a functional standpoint this would relate to an egocentric Introverted Feeling (or a terribly developed Extraverted Feeling function) where evaluation of the self vis-a-vis the outer world was downplayed or ignored.

The inferior Se of INTJs manifests more as having issues with Sensation like sensation related addictions, compulsions, the potential for violent outbursts, not paying attention to details right in front of you, missing details altogether, in some cases hypochondria, oversensitivity to sensory stimuli (like hypersensitivity to pain or avoidance of sensory experiences). It's a very poorly adapted Sensation that operates at an almost instinctual level. Marie Von Franz likens the sensation of a Ni-dom to that of a cat or a dog basking in the sun.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/76896-recognizing-inferior-function-intj.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Caring about what you look like on the outside could be motivated by so many things unrelated to Sensation (like your environment or how you've been raised or socialized). The persona will play a big role here. It's not a given that, for example, dominant Sensation types will be impeccably dressed or manicured. Some of them are slobs quite frankly. Actually if anything, from a functional standpoint this would relate to an egocentric Introverted Feeling (or a terribly developed Extraverted Feeling function) where evaluation of the self vis-a-vis the outer world was downplayed or ignored.

The inferior Se of INTJs manifests more as having issues with Sensation like sensation related addictions, compulsions, the potential for violent outbursts, not paying attention to details right in front of you, missing details altogether, in some cases hypochondria, oversensitivity to sensory stimuli (like hypersensitivity to pain or avoidance of sensory experiences). It's a very poorly adapted Sensation that operates at an almost instinctual level. Marie Von Franz likens the sensation of a Ni-dom to that of a cat or a dog basking in the sun.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/76896-recognizing-inferior-function-intj.html
Isn't what you say stereotypical as well then? You seem to note that INTJs are almost autistic having aspergers, since they have sensory issues.

Plus one part of why I became depressed was because I was dealing with so much details in college. That made me question my career choice to begin with...

Not to mentioned the reason why I hate to travel 3.5 hrs, using public transportation, a frickin day because the environment is so annoying.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Isn't what you say stereotypical as well then? You seem to note that INTJs are almost autistic having as if they have aspergers, since they have sensory issues.

Plus one part of why I became depressed was because I was dealing with so much details in college. That made me question my career choice to begin with...
No but I could see how an INTJ or INFJ might be diagnosed with Asperger's (or any number of other mental problems) for sure. I'm not saying you're not an INTJ. I'm just saying that your initial posts and subsequent ones seem to indicate a strong preference for Extraverted Thinking (complete with the requisite issues around Introverted Feeling).

I'm not sure if you've ever read Psychological Types, the book upon which all of this stuff is based, but I would definitely recommend reading the extensive summary of the Extraverted Thinking type and the Introverted Intuitive because, to me you clearly seem to be one over the other. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Psychological_Types

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
No but I could see how an INTJ or INFJ might be diagnosed with Asperger's (or any number of other mental problems) for sure. I'm not saying you're not an INTJ. I'm just saying that your initial posts and subsequent ones seem to indicate a strong preference for Extraverted Thinking (complete with the requisite issues around Introverted Feeling).
I was misdiagnosed with Aspergers....

And
Holy smokes is this description correct. It remimded me of the really bad days I had. I was almost crying as I was reading this....

Introverted Intuitive types need space and a low-pressure environment to regain their dominant Intuition and auxiliary Thinking or Feeling function. Like Extraverted Intuitive types, they are not amenable to suggestions and deny the possibility of alternatives. Stuck in a negative, omnipresent “reality,” they are unable to process contradictory information.
INTJs may call upon auxiliary Thinking by strategizing to help extricate from obsessiveness. One described forcing himself to get control of at least one situation. This calms him down enough so that he can start to regain a broader perspective.
Interesting...It makes sense!

This is why I became close to an ENTJ who has become my friend. Perhaps I needed to strengthen my Te so I could stop my obsession. I have to admit I've become very obsessive about the MBTI.

As their hold on their dominant and auxiliary functions further diminishes, the qualities of inferior Extraverted Sensing manifest in an obsessive focus on external data, overindulgence in sensual pleasures, and an adversarial attitude toward the outer world. For INTJs, tertiary Feeling may abet the process in that the “facts” (real or invented) on which the INTJ obsesses are often used as “proof ” that others discount, devalue, or dislike the INTJ. Similar “facts” may be used by the INFJ’s tertiary Thinking to prove that the INFJ is inadequate or a failure.
I think I'm having one of those moments...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts