Personality Cafe banner

What's some great sayings, quotes, or lyrics that are important to you? and why?

[ENFJ] 
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Malachi 
#1 ·
Hey I want to know some quotes that mean a lot to some people. Here is some of mine. And yes some are funny but true.

Brotip #1610 "Don’t let anyone tell you the sky is the limit. We put dudes on the moon"-Barney Stinson
Brotip #1415 "Ladies, guys are sick of hearing you ask where all of the "nice guys" are. They're in the friend zone, where you left them." -Barney Stinson
Or Smat peopel learn from their own mistakes, really smart people learn from other people's mistakes. And more wanna hear some of yours.

#2 ·
1.) Pink Floyd - Nobody Home (all the lyrics in the entire song)

2.) Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

"Where all of the stars
Have faded away
Just try not to worry
You'll see them someday"

3.) Oasis - Champagne Supernova

"Where were you while we were getting high
Slowly walking across the hall
Faster than a cannon ball
Where were you while we were getting high"

#4 ·
"Nessa... Dr. Dillamond... Fiyero... FIYEEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOO!" -No Good Deed, Wicked
LOL. Kidding aside.

If you ask me now, I'd write ALL Wicked stuff cause I'm currently addicted with that.

[SPOILER FOR WICKED]
"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you... [...] I have been changed for good."
- For Good, Wicked

Actually, the whole song. LOL. The arrangement is quite beautiful as well. Both of them take turns taking the soprano and alto parts, but in the end, they take the same note as if they will never part... but in reality, this is their goodbye song. ; m ; Jemma Rix and Suzie Mathers' voices blend so well together. And I swear, Jemma Rix = Just superb. You should hear her Defying Gravity. Gosh.

"When I say always I mean forever. I trust tomorrow as much as today, I am not afraid to say I love you and I promise you I'll never say goodbye."
The Promise, Martin Nievera

This song mainly for sentimental value. The first time I heard it was when I was still training as a sub-head for my High School's Music crew. Usually, Soprano 1's (Second voices in high register) sing it (I'm Soprano 2, not even the high register Soprano 2; lower register, melody), but our head wanted me to try it so they dropped an octave lower for me... and gosh, it was such a beautiful song I was crying when they sang it for the first time. LOL.

"I used to want to be tall, and then I thought, 'If I were tall, then people would say I was pretty and not cute.' And then I realized that there are worse things than being called cute."
- Kristin Chenoweth <
SHE'S SO ADORABLE AMG. LOL. And I'm short. :C So yeaaaaah.

"If you're never able to see the person you love most in the world, it's like a death and so the fact that the character isn't physically dead, doesn't mean they don't suffer the same sense of loss."
- Gregory Maguire, Author of Wicked towards the play's ending
I crai for Glinda. ; m ;

Oh, btw, I don't have static quotes that I live by. LOL. I don't believe in living by quotes mainly because they're other people's sayings and I value my individuality very much. Sure they might be funny and witty and striking, but I don't live by them so I my quotes may change from time to time... which means if I stop being such a fangirl over Wicked and find something else (like MLP... I need to get back to that), I may just post more. XD It's different for music, though. Especially when I get to sing it myself. I get to merge my own self into the song and make it my own. Sure it's not entirely my own, but it's a whole different interpretation, something I can't do with a quote (though I can do something about the quote... but still not the same as experiencing a song, at least to me).

#5 ·
The quote in my signature is important to me. It helps put into focus what my life should be about and continues to teach me how to grow to be a better person.

Reactions: Malachi
#7 ·
time

"when you run & you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again; the sun is the same in a relative way but your older... shorter of breath, & one day closer to death...". pink floyd, "time".

I wore out my dark side of the moon cd back in high school & this song is def my favorite Floyd song... these particular lyrics of "time" describe my life: trying my damnedest to get outta this town & make my family proud for making something of myself...

#10 ·
The Gentlemen Rules.
-You walk on the street side of a lady, regardless of the fact that carriages are no longer splashing mud around.
-Never demean a man, least of all in front of his wife and/or children.
-Early is on time, and on time is late. This is not an issue of cool or not, it’s an issue of respecting someone’s single most finite and valuable resource: their time.
-Hard work is good for the soul.
-Walking with pace is not the same as walking with purpose.
-No matter how many people may be watching, you do the right thing.
-If you do something, do it with purpose.
-In issues of preference, others are neither right nor wrong.
-Advice is good, but if good advice is to be affective, it must be timed rightly.
-The necessary is always possible.
-Give answers definitively. If you’re unsure of something, make that known.
-Never promise more than you can deliver.
-Always remember that you’re not always right.
-There are two places where you never offer unsolicited advice: a golf course and another man’s house.
-You never leave a game until the final whistle.
-You walk with a woman, not in front of her.
-Rules were made to be broken, laws were made to be kept. Be aware of both, no matter what your situation.
-It’s okay to not know the answer, but only the first time.
-Know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.
-Never apologize unless you’ve done something wrong; but once you have done something wrong, apologize then.
-Always carry a pen and something to write on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.