Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ISTJ Father. He is a very difficult person to give gifts to, since he only seems to appreciate something that has practical use. He likes to cook, so a few years ago my family and I combined our currency to purchase a nice grill. He said it was the greatest gift he’s ever received. For many years afterwards, we’ve been buying him various gadgets that have to do with the grill. However, we have now bought him every single conceivable thing we can think of for the grill. And we haven’t the slightest idea what to buy him now. When we ask him for ideas, he just smiles and shrugs. His hobbies are as follows.
Fixing cars- Though he prefers buying his own tools for this.
Photography- Though he already has everything he needs for this.
Grilling.
Volleyball.
I would really appreciate your thoughts.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I do not intend to speak for your father, but the general consensus around here is quality time. Get out there help him use that grill. That means more than a tangible gift.

Also remember that acts of service are important to him. So come over and let him cook a meal on the grill for you. Make over it like it's a big deal.

And remember to stay long enough to help clean up.:wink:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Cooking's one of my hobbies, too.

I've always wanted a complete spice rack. It's a great way to keep your kitchen neat. See-through canisters filled with spices, and they have to come with labels. It's one of those things you're surreptitiously looking at in a store but always thought was a tad expensive to buy for yourself. You could try filling them with herbs that usually go with grills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts