Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to a new apartment and my mother bought me a mat for my front door. It was beautiful- hand woven with big sunflowers. The best part was that it reads (in fancy writing) 'Go Away' instead of the traditional 'Welcome'.

I put it outside immediately. Best gift I've gotten in a long time. What about y'all?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
God we're a horrible bunch of people.

I don't know about gifts, but I like the "go away" theme. "the gift of misanthropy!"

·
Registered
423 Posts
The best gift I ever got was this really nice jacket I got for Christmas.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm not sure about faaavourite, but these I love:

XKCD volume 0... lol.
My graphics tablet.

Part of what makes a gift one of my favourites is also who gives them to me, because it's like they shared something of themselves in giving it. If a person means something to me, it can turn a normal gift into something special... =)

·
Registered
128 Posts
A box with all my favourite drinks and food inside.

Reactions: friction

·
Registered
272 Posts
That would be my Ford Explorer my parents gave me. In exchange i did trade in my old 95 SHO towards there truck. I still count it as a gift though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was trying to be a good sport about it but it wasn't happening lolol Don't joke when it comes to the kiddies because I cannot be responsible for what may come out of my mouth haha
Sorry, just a little joke. A very tiny joke. Microscopic, actually. I really am sorry if I offended you though.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Best material gift? My guitar

But the best gift ever was when i met a girl at my b-day (during a competition actually) who released me from the shackles of my old life where i still thought i had lost "the one". She liberated me and gave me a huge boost in confidence/self esteem/trust and transformed my life for the better. Even if nothing had developed, i would of still been grateful for that :happy:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
other than my two kids it would be my kindle and my netbook.
misanthropic as I am, I can still appreciate the joy of raising a child. at the very least i can appreciate having a medium to pass on my attained knowledge. by the way miss clarifiedmind, ive seen your posts on other threads and think you would be very very fortunate to have an enfp child :)

anywhoo, the best gift is the ability to KNOW what love is. even if the one I love isnt ready to accept my feelings, its still a wonderful gift.

my favorite material gifts would be
my N64, console for my favorite games of all time
and my Honda Matrix, easy to drive but has all the storage space an art student needs

with the exception of what is above, I believe I tend to give better gifts than I receive :/

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
As stereotypically ISTP as this will sound, the best gift was a toolbox. The most usable gift I ever got.

Oh, and a calculator, which is either haunted or magic. I got it 14 years ago, it doesn't have sun receptor and I've never changed batteries. All the writing on the keys is already worn out, but that freeky machine still runs as it did the first day.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was told I was being lied to, that was the best help I ever got.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Probably the birthday my girlfriend surprised me with Half-life 2. My response was hilarious. I put the game in, and proceeded to ignore her and everyone else for the first half of the day...

...I think i've matured a little since then.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.