Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The times I've encountered SP rage, I've mostly just blown it off. I can stay calm and collected while they yell at me or insult me. To be honest, my biggest problem sometimes is not laughing at them. Not because I don't appreciate their situation, but more because I know they don't mean what they're saying and are going to regret it later on.

Is my best bet to just continue what I'm doing and letting it go, or is there a better way to handle it? It feels wrong to let it go, but handling conflict just isn't what I'm good at.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Laughing would not be wise.

Have you tried talking about it after the fact? Or, saying something like "I know you're angry but, please calm down" during the moment? Or is this the kind of situation where you keep quiet and listen?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Holy Crap! DO. NOT. LAUGH. It's good that you know that, but I would like to reiterate. DO NOT LAUGH! It may seem silly to see the usually easy-going SP types raging, but if they are its been building up for a while. To belittle their feelings in such a way would probably be the best way to destroy the relationship forever. You will never be trusted again.
It's probably best to continue as you have been. Let them get everything out then when they've cooled off a bit, try and figure out what set them off in the first place.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes laughing is not good... it makes me feel like you don't value me... or take me seriously... When I do get angry people are shocked... lmao so I see how it can be humorous... here's this quiet girl 85% of the time and wam out of no where she's going off and yelling... by the way I hate loud people and I hate being yelled at and yelling, so most of my arguments have been FONT FIGHTS....lol but yea no one expects it! But laughing is not good the best thing you could do is just listen because it won't last long! And your right we will forget and forgive the next day and move on like nothing has happen....lol! So just let us VENT and it will be over before you realize what happen! :tongue:

·
Registered
640 Posts
The times I've encountered SP rage, I've mostly just blown it off. I can stay calm and collected while they yell at me or insult me. To be honest, my biggest problem sometimes is not laughing at them. Not because I don't appreciate their situation, but more because I know they don't mean what they're saying and are going to regret it later on.

Is my best bet to just continue what I'm doing and letting it go, or is there a better way to handle it? It feels wrong to let it go, but handling conflict just isn't what I'm good at.
It's rare that I get this way, but waiting for me to cool off is a good idea. Like the other posts said, laughing isn't good either.

Try to figure out what went wrong. If you are at fault, apologies are nice. If you're not at fault, ask the SP if there's anything you can do differently next time to help things go more smoothly.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sweet mother of love, no laughing! :mellow: Their rage multiplies tenfold and it makes them feel moar upset :sad:
And then more rage. And then destruction of worlds! (・д・)

I have a close friend who's a pretty strong xSTP. When his rage flares up like a southeastern hurricane, usually I stay quiet and talk softer...when he's cooled down enough to where he can respond with a good hold on himself, I'll ask him if he wants to talk anything out or how he's gonna deal with things. He'll talk things out slowly but surely.
And then he'll be okay and jolly and wonderful and dandy ( ◕ ◡ ◕ฺฺ )

From my experiences with SP's, if you laugh at them when they're on the tirade, it makes them feel like they're not being taken seriously and it's a big indicator of lack of respect.
If an SP is pissed, I just approach gently, let him/her know I'm there, and give em personal space to recompose.
They'll be happy again C:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts