Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In simple terms please!

I have a little crush on someone who I suspect may be an ISFP and who may feel the same, too hard to tell yet, I've just being getting these hunches and vibes from the way she speaks to me. Anyway what's this combo like?

As some of you know I've been working out my type for ages and have just settled on INFP, and adopted the ISFP banner for some time, so no worries if we are the same.

Is this a fun combination? Or do I just feel like such a fun guy that it would be fun anyway?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Both are so rare, I really only know one of each and they had/have a very hard time sort of getting to know each other because they're both so similar. They sort of both feel like they dont have enough to say to each other and are constantly wanting the other to approach. Its actually very funny to me. They always prefer it if I'm around to keep both entertained. I do however, see soooo many similarities between the two, and my friends both just sort of respect the other, but not really more than that (that is the girl is a INFP and the guy is a ISFP). But I'm sure it is possible to work. My two friends just really wouldnt talk to each other if I wasnt around, or at least thats what they say to me. They both also freak out as to whether the other likes them and its all very funny to me. But i adore both of them, so maybe it could work? I just think its so rare for the two to meet, because INFP's are like barely 1% of the population, and ISFP's are barely 2%. But good luck! I hope maybe it works for you!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, like I say this is just a guess. She may not be this type and I have had trouble settling on my type, though still she seems like fun and is certainly a barrel of laughs, and I would be honoured if she feels the way my hunch is telling me. I've never had a hunch like this before, so I'm curious to see where it leads.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ha, are you using your intuitive side now?? My stepdad, mom and sister are all N's and my stepdad always says that often N's do not believe in their intuition enough and it gets them stuck, so its good you're using it!

Is it possible this person is a ESFP? I love ISFP's i really do, but they're pretty difficult to get to know, and dont always come off as the friendliest upon first meeting. If she takes up most of the conversation, she's probably a ESFP. They're super sweet and soo loving as well.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha, are you using your intuitive side now?? My stepdad, mom and sister are all N's and my stepdad always says that often N's do not believe in their intuition enough and it gets them stuck, so its good you're using it!

Is it possible this person is a ESFP? I love ISFP's i really do, but they're pretty difficult to get to know, and dont always come off as the friendliest upon first meeting. If she takes up most of the conversation, she's probably a ESFP. They're super sweet and soo loving as well.
Could be, though she is into art, is hot and very very funny. I find her cute in her mannerisms. It seems that we get along well when we talk, in a natural way.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
As an ISFP, talking to people has always been difficult in one way or another, your friend may well be diferent, and I'm in no way the most ISFP ISFP out there, but the ISFP can have difficulties in talking/communicating, no matter how much they might have in common with, or like the person. But that's just me.

There's an iNFP I'm friends with, and we do get along well now I say that, he's great to joke around with, and is a good friend to confide in without making me feel too nervy, or intruded upon : ). He did resonate alot when we talked about intimacy issues one time, a while ago, which is something that means alot to me, in a way.

I'm not a romancew/intimacy person, so this is purely about the friendship aspect.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I dated a coworker who is an ISFP for a while (He's an ISFP guy, I'm the INFP girl, etc...) and in the end, I was already fixated on someone else who wouldn't have much to do with me and was looking for something similar to the guy I was fixated with, (that good ol' idealism that gets annoying sometimes). But the ISFP was pretty cool and level-headed the whole way through, though. He was the type who boasted a manliness to hide the feeling part of himself from the world, but he had no problems opening up to me, even if he didn't have all that much to tell me. One of his main goals for the future was to maintain the luxury of his home life he has with his parents upon moving out.

I mean, me myself... I would prefer someone who is more intuitive, but he was a really good guy and I think that if I had been more mature during my time with him, I would have really enjoyed his company as a couple.

My conclusion is that I think an ISFP and an INFP will work fairly well. =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.