Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A world, a character, a scenario, an adventure, an invention, a WHATEVER. What's the absolute COOLEST thing you've ever made up, as a child, an adult, or anywhere inbetween?

Go ahead and be as detailed as you want. Enjoy yourselves.

Reactions: ethylester

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I was at a bar with my friend, and we were talking to these girls and I told them that my friend was visiting from France, that I found him wandering around the city all lost and told him I'd show him a good time. He faked the WORST French accent imaginable and pretended to not understand much English.

Now, this was absurd because these girls didn't seem THAT drunk, and they actually believed us! I think I eventually told them I was actually a famous underground DJ from Europe as well. Now, I was dressed like that might be plausible, but my friend just looked like your average American guy at a bar.

We would sneak away and just start laughing at how crazy the scenario was. He got alot of free drinks out of it, because I would announce MY FRIEND IS FROM FRANCE HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT AMERICA LET'S SHOW HIM HOW TO PARTY!!! And everyone was buying him shots left and right.

Loll, how ridiculous.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think maybe my favorite thing is a tennis ball collecting and launching machine I worked on in college. It could be driven around a tennis court from a wireless controller and launch them back to you :). If only we'd made it able to find the balls by itself! Of course a mobile tennis ball cannon can be used kind of deviously which was fun. ^^

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was in a play and a cast mate forgot his lines on opening night. At the time I thought it was me, but either way we managed to improvise the whole scene, nobody (except for those who knew the script) noticed.

My INTP friend and I were at Tim Horton's and bought some Timbits (mini-doughnuts). There was a messed up doughnut and we invented a whole story about the doughnut's identity crisis. We've also invented ninja chess, a ninja school and training games to go with it. Then we came up with an idea for a magazine, a visual novel, a friend aptitude test and a club. Of course we never actually put any of these ideas into action. Well, actually we made the friend aptitude test, we just never administered it to anyone.

When I was in elementary, I would always invent these complex story lines where I was a fairy, spy or anything that had superpowers, I even drew out character cards. In grade 6 my friends and I invented a story line where we were heroes fighting against the mean kids, I drew out the comic for it which I worked on daily for two months.
I just couldn't pick ONE favourite thing that I've made up :tongue:

edit: spelling

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
I made up my own wrestling company that I used to write detailed weekly shows and events for, back when I was in my early to mid-teens. It was called WHW. I put together some very cool characters and interesting story plots. It was a great outlet for my creativity and imagination.

·
Premium Member
15,247 Posts
When I was around 10 yrs., I drew *creatures* (resembled insects), colored them with markers, cut them out and played with them as my civilization I had created. Keep in mind, this was so long ago & it's blurry in my memory but I think I did this while I was supposed to be paying attention in class. I think I even colored huts for them to live in and made a map of their *homeland*.

83 Posts
A childhood friend recently reminded me of this one. When we were about eight years old or so we cycled our way to school. So, on the trips back I would tell him about these dreams I had. It was like a story that consisted of lots of people from our school, and the power of elements! My friend was AIR and he was thrilled to hear me tell about his glorious lightning bolt hurling lol.

So this went on for quite some time. Eventually I told him the truth. There were no dreams, friend. Just me making stuff on the spot. So it wasn't a glimpse to the future like you thought... quite the let down, huh.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I had a comic strip as a kid that was pretty awesome. I have notebooks & notebooks filled with pages of this thing. Other people seemed to really like it also, which surprised me because I didn't think the writing was all that great.

As a child, I also once built a dollhouse entirely out of paper, tape & glue, and it stood on its own & had functioning doors & windows. I remember my mom being blown away by this & talking about it for a long while after.

In HS, I wrote and directed a "short film" in French that was terribly cheesy (on purpose) and badly shot, but people seemed to think it was pretty good in a funny way. The little touches of humor were mostly my ideas, which is strange considering I'm not a funny person in day to day life. I'm pretty good with coming up with absurdities and emotional impact though.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
When I was like 10 or something I was into origami. I decided to try to make my own thing and was doing random folds. After like 20 minutes I looked at it and surprisingly it resembled a cat! I had no idea how I did it but it was cool.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
A Stephen King stylised dream that I shared with a creative writer friend only 6 months ago while he listened for 40 minutes and told me how a script writer would create 4 sub plots...alas my skill is poetry to his story writing (I never did find out if the gifted horror story was something he might write in full as an unpublished author/TV script writer).

·
Registered
770 Posts
My INTP friend and I were at Tim Horton's and bought some Timbits (mini-doughnuts). There was a messed up doughnut and we invented a whole story about the doughnut's identity crisis.
Hahaha, that's so cool. It reminds me of how my friend and I used to talk about one of the chemistry TAs. We'd always make jokes about his secret life, and we'd refer to him all the time, creating this mythology surrounding him.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was around 10 yrs., I drew *creatures* (resembled insects), colored them with markers, cut them out and played with them as my civilization I had created. Keep in mind, this was so long ago & it's blurry in my memory but I think I did this while I was supposed to be paying attention in class. I think I even colored huts for them to live in and made a map of their *homeland*.
This one made me laugh.
I used to draw faces on my pencils and erasers in school. I would play with them in my desk-- Pencil Man and his arch-nemesis, the evil Dr. Erasermouth. And when I wore a pencil down to the nub, it would become Pencil Man's young ward. The inside of my desk was their city. I wasn't mentally present for most of third grade because of this.

Reactions: Sily
1 - 12 of 12 Posts