Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are inferior feeling, but when in the grip how would one differentiate between the two?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hence my point ^ lol
how does Fi/Fe differ in inferior position, and I guess how does this thin differ to just getting upset??

Fi:
ISFPs and INFPs
� Inner harmony
� Economy of emotional expression
� Acceptance of feeling as non-logical

ESTJs and ENTJs
� Hypersensitivity to inner states
� Outbursts of emotion
� Fear of feeling

Fe:
Fe-dominant Types
• Comfortable inattention to logic
• Sensitivity to others' welfare
• Sharing of emotions

Fe-inferior Types
• Logic emphasized to an extreme
• Hypersensitivity to relationships
• Emotionalism

I think both become extremely emotional, however ExTJ are more focussed on their inner state where as IxTP are more concerned with how the outburst affects others?
Th ExTJ may feel under appreciated where as IxTP may feel like no one likes them??

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
As I'm aware, Fi withdraws, Fe expands.

Fi inferior tends to withdraw (hence it being introverted) under stress. People with Fi inferior prefer to handle Fi value issues on their own in a private setting.

Fe, by contrast, prefers to go outward and seek solution to value issues in the external environment...kind of like how Te goes outward to identify facts/form conclusions.

An example of this is two friends of mine (Fe and Fi users respectively) who dated. When issues of values and priorities came up, the Fi user wanted space to think about it and form a conclusion alone. The Fe user wanted the Fi user to sit down and talk everything out so they could find a common value solution.

Reactions: Ksara

·
Registered
489 Posts
If someone cheats on inferior Te. He will verbalize why they are finished, then email and call the person to get more knowledge of any missing information. Te wants to be done but can't finalize the decision. It will say one thing (Te) but do another like keep ends open.
Te wants to cause an action, but inferior Te won't do that action.

Inferior Fi will only show itself during high anger. Fi wants to verbalize that something is unfair, but Te will just make a violent scene.

·
Registered
489 Posts
How unconscious Fe manifests is with a lack of insight towards abiding by social norms. An INTP doesn't know what actions are good or bad in others eyes when it comes to small things.

"I had lunch with a member of the opposite sex. People may have seen us together and assumed we had an affair, but that is meaningless. Only the truth is true. More importantly I had no intention of cheating on you. It never crossed my mind. I'm not attracted to the other person. I am in love with you and honor that strongly. I did not mean to hurt you, and you can see that my intentions were moral, so I did nothing wrong."

Fi Dom sees the intention not as important as the conduct. "I conducted myself by social norms. Even though I want to get with that other woman, I thought about it and fantasized about it, but I never went to lunch with the person so I didn't put myself in a situation that could have physically led to it happening. So I am a moral person because of my conduct."

Fi suppressed sees violent conduct as allowable if someone breaks a social norm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts