Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might be an immature Infj, so I just want to know some of the characteristics.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Its difficult to say, there isn't any clear cut, black and white definitions. Few people are really and truly an unhealthy or immature with their person. They are only growing just as we all are. Don't look at yourself as unhealthy or immature nor should we look at ourselves as healthy or unhealthy. We should look at ourselves as growing and becoming more. You are never ever lost, you are only finding your way.

The level of introspection you have done to believe that you are as such and your signature says many positive things about you.

The maturity levels of a person can manifest is so many different traits or characteristics that its hard to really say. I think a fairly good guess what be common flaws everyone is capable of having, insecurity, jealousy low confidence and self esteem etc etc etc. I think these things would just have different manifestations in the different types but the same common roots.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully, thats what it really is.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The major difference between "Mature" and "Immature" INFJs are two things - to be specific, two letters "IM."

:tongue:

JK.

but to answer your question, the Mature INFJ will read my post and chuckle because they realize there is no right or wrong answer so they appreciate my being able to joke about it. The Immature INFJ will get defensive for no reason and be critical of this.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
The major difference between "Mature" and "Immature" INFJs are two things - to be specific, two letters "IM."

:tongue:

JK.

but to answer your question, the Mature INFJ will read my post and chuckle because they realize there is no right or wrong answer so they appreciate my being able to joke about it. The Immature INFJ will get defensive for no reason and be critical of this.
I chuckle at just about all your posts. That must be a good sign. :tongue:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not so much mature /immature but I do think INFJs exhibit 2 distinct phases

1) Unaware and becoming aware of themselves
2) Doing something useful with your gifts - As Humilis says growing and becoming more

I am sure that othe types go through this but with INFJ I think it can be a bit more pronounced as many struggle to fit in etc in earlier life.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
It depends.

Is your INFJ nature hurting yourself or those around you? If this is the case then you still have more of yourself to discover...

There is no fully mature... or fully immature INFJ. We're all constantly discovering more.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A unhealthy INFJ could have traits like Anxiety, Blunt comments, Defensive,Manipulative, Aggressive, Extremely Awkward, Keeps feelings bottled up, struggles with a crowd of people

A healthy INFJ could have traits like Clam, Expressive of feelings, Inspirational, Kind, A little awkward lol, be able to relax in a crowed place Just mentally strong.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Immature personalities for me seem to exhibit 2 traits (and this is not just INFJs but it applies to all personality types):
- very subjective thinking, also known as wishful thinking, basically ignoring all evidence and proceeding to think otherwise just because you for some reason want to believe otherwise - introverts are especially in danger of this because we do tend to live in our heads most of the time
- some sort of issues with ego leading to displays of said ego in the most inappropriate circumstances coupled with inability to change, forgive and ask for forgiveness - putting your loved ones down, starting fights with family members, irrational outbreaks of anger or self pity, and so on.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
To keep it most simple....

Mature INFJ: Has complete faith in their Ni. Which results in:
- Minimal questioning over what to do in situations
- Is always a counselor to others, but never needs a counselor themselves
- Can easily take care of everyone because they already know how to take care of themselves
- Is not worried if certain things will happen in the future... because they just know it will work out fine
- Excepts people as they are based on what they instinctually "see" about the person
- Challenges themselves by placing themselves in difficult situations in order to grow
- Helps other people grow by making them aware of their strengths and where the INFJ "sees them going"
etc. etc. etc.

Immature INFJ: Basically, has trouble consistently doing the things above.

·
Registered
801 Posts
All I can do is give you an answer based on my own experience, so here goes.

Immature INFJ
Insecure, shy, not understanding why people don't get you and being bothered by that fact, feeling like an outcast, sitting along the sidelines in a stagnant existance, ignoring or not even knowing what your intuition is, a desire to "be like everyone else", not liking yourself because you are different, you pull away from situations easier, worry wart, submissive in most situations. Fear holds you back.

Mature INFJ
Self acceptance, knowing you are unique and appreciating that fact, realizing not everyone will understand you and that's ok, you listen to your gut and realize intuition is meant to guide you, you don't want to be like everyone else, you have an interest in watching and studying people and why they do what they do, don't sweat the small stuff, find power in submissiveness yet you aren't afraid to speak your mind. Fear drives you to create change.

Of course these are just a few things but maturity is a tricky thing. We are always growing, always learning, always changing. Maturity hinges on life experience and understanding - we all experience those things at different rates. Keep an open mind and grow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally used to be really immature back then. I think the worst think was: arrogance. I thought I was much better than other people and was really proud.
I think that is very harmful quality...

I'm not sure how common that is on INFJ's. I think I became like that because of years and years of school bullying, so it was defensive system. So maybe it isn't like automatic quality on every immature INFJ...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys...I get the idea now.

I still just need to grow and I'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The key indicators of maturity are behavioral and not related to personality.

Mature people are accountable. They don't get defensive. They are self-aware enough to be confident in themselves and their abilities but realistic about their shortcomings. They strive to see things in balance and while fully in tune with their feelings, they don't allow their emotions to rule their behavior. They can both give and receive in a relationship and they are able to keep relationships long-term. They can take criticism and see it as an opportunity to improve. They keep their eye on what is important to them and don't get bent out of shape about what isn't. They understand that life isn't fair and they don't waste energy worrying about it or wishing things were different. They do the best they can and make the best of whatever happens. Mature people see life as an adventure and relish the moment.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
A unhealthy INFJ could have traits like Anxiety, Blunt comments, Defensive,Manipulative, Aggressive, Extremely Awkward, Keeps feelings bottled up, struggles with a crowd of people

A healthy INFJ could have traits like Clam, Expressive of feelings, Inspirational, Kind, A little awkward lol, be able to relax in a crowed place Just mentally strong.
im definately Clam XD. I'm a strange mix of Immature and Mature ^^, ive grown quite quickly in the last few months so I'm not dissapointed ^^

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The crowd of people and keeping things bottled up with, could be either unhealthy or healthy. It depends on the individual person. I, myself, am very introverted so I keep a lot bottled up, and with reason. When I open my mouth to my friends, they usually don't like what they hear.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts