Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a survey for my statistics class, and I need a bigger sample size, considering how few girls there are at my magnet school. :frustrating: Soooo, ladies, I'm asking for YOU to help by answering the following questions:

In inches, what's the highest heel you would wear?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+

I would personally wear just about any height shoe as long as it's cute and fits properly. I mean, I've worn a whopping 6-inch heel to school. Every day. For more than two weeks. And it's not merely all foot pain, no gain, either. I have been complimented on my posture, which I perfected through gaining the poise and patience to walk around in such shoes.

Which of the following describes what you wear?
Plain
Preppy
Dressy
Sporty
Trendy
Flashy
Indie / artsy
I have no style.
Scene or emo or goth
Whatever's comfortable
Other (specify)

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
For formal events, I've worn heels that are about 3 inches high to balance out my height (I'm 4'11"), but otherwise, I would wear a heel no higher than four inches. If I'm going to resort to heels, as well, I'd like them to be simple but comfortable and tasteful (simple black heels, for example).

·
Registered
587 Posts
My preferred foot covering of choice is Birkenstocks...when I act corporate, a sensible business shoe of about 1.5 inches - 2 inches...at a formal event, shoes that are no higher than 2.5 to 3 inches...

I try to not wear any socks from May until late October if I can get away with it (except at the gym obviously!)!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm doing a survey for my statistics class, and I need a bigger sample size, considering how few girls there are at my magnet school. :frustrating: Soooo, ladies, I'm asking for YOU to help by answering the following questions:

In inches, what's the highest heel you would wear?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+

I would personally wear just about any height shoe as long as it's cute and fits properly. I mean, I've worn a whopping 6-inch heel to school. Every day. For more than two weeks. And it's not merely all foot pain, no gain, either. I have been complimented on my posture, which I perfected through gaining the poise and patience to walk around in such shoes.

Plain
Preppy
Dressy
Sporty
Trendy
Flashy
Indie / artsy
I have no style.
Scene or emo or goth
Whatever's comfortable
Other (specify)
5 inches is my max and only if they have a platform in the front and aren't stilettos. the main secret i've found to wearing heels without excruciating pain is buying them1/2-full size larger and using arch supports and/or cushioning on the balls of the feet.

i don't know what the name of my style would be, maybe a mix of dressy/sporty/flashy. as far as heels go, my favorites are strappy open toe sandals or pumps that show toe cleavage:crazy:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahahaha, I love toe cleavage! :crazy:

I remember one time I was talking to a male teacher about this one nail salon my mom works at and he wanted to know if he could get a discount there for a pedi to go with his open-toed shoes. I giggled because I couldn't imagine him hobbling around in peep-toes.

Anyway. I'd appreciate it if more people could answer and include what word describe their styles. :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Well, I only have on pair of heels and they're 5 inch...lethal foot killers. When I bought them, I didn't realise the pain that involves wearing them xD But I still wear them to the ballet and other concerts. I can't help it, they're just gorgeous xD

I usually wear styles reminiscent of the first half of the 1900's. But there's always a hint of "goth" or "punk" in there (Pfft, whatever that means). Some days I just go all out flamboyant and aggressive with neon, combat boots and fishnets. I'm a very bipolar dresser.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
In inches, what's the highest heel you would wear? 4 ..anything over 4 and you just invite pain >_<
But saying that I only wear them maybe once a year..if that :p

Which of the following describes what you wear? Mostly in this order..

Whatever's comfortable
Indie / artsy
Plain/I have no style
Sporty

·
Registered
560 Posts
In inches, what's the highest heel you would wear? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+

I normally prefer flat shoes or a small heel because I walk everywhere and heels can be tiresome. I do own heels up to 8 inches high and I wear them on ocassion.

Plain
Preppy
Dressy
Sporty
Trendy
Flashy
Indie / artsy
I have no style.
Scene or emo or goth
Whatever's comfortable
Other (specify): street style websites inspire me, particularly Tokyo and Helsinki. I like patterns, skirts and dresses, stockings and nonchalance.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I tend to go no higher than 3"... I hate towering over guys, and sadly at 5'7" I tower over a lot of the guys in my city as it is!

I don't have a specific style... I have about four different pairs of athletic shoes, one specifically for running, one for general exercise, and two for going out dressed down... I have three pairs of stilettos... Two Oxford style shoes... And two pairs of chunky heels... And pink plaid Chucks... Oh yeah, and a variety of flip flops and sandals for the summer...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Highest I think I'd ever go is 4 inches, and that would be stretching it. I really don't like wearing heals if I can help it. The highest I own is I think 2 inches, and they're wedge, which feel more solid and comfortable for me. Most of the time I wear flip flops or sneakers (depending on the weather and what I'm doing).

My style is definitely whatever's comfortable...and in both casual and formal settings, I tend to go with a more simple and understated style.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My heels are all about 3.5 inches. I've never tried anything higher than that and I don't think I'll go any higher than four.

I usually wear trendy, and sometimes sporty or plain. It's a must for my clothes to be comfortable.

Oh, and just so as to not bias the sample, I live in Asia so I don't wear things like boots/long socks etc because the weather is either really hot or rainy.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
In inches, what's the highest heel you would wear? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+

I cannot stress enough how much I hate heels. They're nice in looks, yes; but they hurt the hell out of my feet. If I could get away with wearing flip flops to fancy places, I would. It's very rare that I wear heels, and when I do--never above an inch.

Plain
Preppy
Dressy
Sporty
Trendy
Flashy
Indie / artsy
I have no style.
Scene or emo or goth
Whatever's comfortable
Other (specify)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I could do 3-4"...if I do taller than that, it starts to get horribly uncomfortable

My dress style is "whatever is comfortable"...but I am forced to dress "preppy" for work and it sucks...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
3-4 inches would be pretty normal. Lazy/ jeans look involves 2-3 inches. I dress mostly preppy with occasional dressy/ more feminine appearance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I lack the necessary chromosomes heel wearing women have :unsure: Experiments ended in extreme pain and humiliation.

Like @Sily, flat or only just off the ground, less than an inch and comfortable, ah comfortable :kitteh:

I mostly wear an extremely attractive, trendy, fashionable pair of 8 year old, steel toe-capped workboots, or sandals, many of which I have worn for so long they're mostly held together with sailing twine. :tongue:

I love Pikolinos, they are my one guilty indulgence (but only practically flat comfortable shoes need apply)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts