Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the title is self-explanatory...

I don't really know what mine would be...I've had the same best friend for 12 years and we live in different states. We've never had a fight and manage to maintain our relationship even if we only talk once or twice a year, or don't physically see each other for 3+ years. (I don't know if this counts :unsure:)

Also, I promised another friend I wouldn't contact her for five years...(it's a long story)...and I have 2.5 more years to go! :happy:

Well, mine suck. Anybody have some more interesting examples? We are know as the "loyalists" after all :wink:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have one, but for legal reasons, I suspect it's best not to discuss it. I apologize for not sharing, I just wanted you to know that this thread is interesting, but some of us might not be able to discuss our most loyal moments, for various reasons.

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one, but for legal reasons, I suspect it's best not to discuss it. I apologize for not sharing, I just wanted you to know that this thread is interesting, but some of us might not be able to discuss our most loyal moments, for various reasons.
Fair enough. That shows your extremely loyalty already. :proud: Will you settle for second most loyal thing?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm very loyal to my ideals. One of my ideals is to defend the underdogs. When I was in high school and very much an introvert, this wasn't easy to do and rather bold. I befriended a girl who had moved here and was teased incessantly. She had many flaws many people found unfavorable and even funny. I even saw teachers turn their heads to it.

I began talking to her. And invited her to my table in one of my classes. Went to the library with her. When I had lunch with her, most of my friends didn't even sit with me. Except for my friend with borderline personality disorder who is known for not having the social flavor, anyways. We both benefited. It was empowering to me and got me out of my bubble. It was my senior year anyways so to hell with them. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't have gone to prom. I planned a get together at her house with a girl with asperger's, my friend with borderline personality disorder, and her. It was a really neat experience and I'm proud that I stood up for her.

I now do care giving and I'm put in some very difficult situations. Where you have to handle things with great care, thought, and quickly. So, the practice I got when I was younger prepared me for even more difficult experiences. Like a kid missing his 23rd chromosome and the fact I wanted him to experience things, although new things were so difficult for him. I took him for walks and it was hard to orient. Every dog he wanted to come up to. Even the mean ones. And he didn't know how to handle them. He had no idea of boundaries or someone else's yard. Or even someone else's car. He saw his brother's play Grand Theft Auto so he saw a car go by and the person in grand theft auto, says, "Taxi, Taxi!" So, he said Taxi, Taxi and would try and to get into cars. So, my orienting had to be perfect. I got him to do things. Like painting, when he never did more than a scribble. I taught him badminton. I gave his family a much needed break. Alas, his doctor made too much of a drastic medication change and my work with him was pretty much lost and he reverted. It was a great experience. One of the hardest.

Also, I take care of Alzheimer's clients. And my grandma had it and lived with my family for 3 years and besides I visited her often. So, that taught me a lot when I was just 12 and 13. And I help guide families and care teams. It's like my specialty. I thought of even furthering my education in that direction.

So, really what has brought me to do well in those experiences was my loyalty. Otherwise I would've given up. Through that I learned how to make healthy boundaries, how to not get emotionally involved yet be personable, and how I needed to take care of myself as well. But yeah, without loyalty I wouldve not gotten through a number of tough scenarios, like those mentioned.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Will you settle for second most loyal thing?
The following excerpt from my life is interlaced with loyalty, although it could be argued that other motivations were at play.

One summer break, somewhere between my sophomore and senior years of high school, my best friend went several hundred miles away to participate in a work program on an extremely isolated piece of land. He was an ENFJ, adept at socializing with other students regardless of social status, but for some strange reason, he settled with putting up with me most of the time.

Roughly a month into his absence, most of which I spent having a great time driving to all kinds of crazy gatherings, I became focused on what he might be experiencing, and what he was definitely missing out on. Inspiration struck, and I procured a massive piece of stationary, laminated on the outside and containing vast space within for scribbling. Within two days I had tracked down every single person I could ever recall him conversing with or about in a familiar manner. They had each written a personal message for him when I explained the purpose of the stationary. I then gathered travel directions to my friend's work camp from his father (this was before the internet provided us with maps), and set off for a three or four hour trip. It took me another hour to track him down on the massive wilderness property, working the soil in the hot sun.

His immediate response to my surprise visit: "I'm not at all surprised to see you standing there."

·
Banned
627 Posts
I remained in an emotionally amd financially abusive relationship for far longer than I should have. I was thinking long-term: what would be best for me 20 years from now. Even though this guy had trust issues, I gave him more than enough time to get it together. It's not my fault he was a millionaire. I never would have guessed it looking at him at first glance. I just liked being around him. Probably because he was an enfp; I didn't know it at the time though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remained in an emotionally amd financially abusive relationship for far longer than I should have. I was thinking long-term: what would be best for me 20 years from now. Even though this guy had trust issues, I gave him more than enough time to get it together. It's not my fault he was a millionaire. I never would have guessed it looking at him at first glance. I just liked being around him. Probably because he was an enfp; I didn't know it at the time though.
Ahh, the downfall of the 6... :unsure:

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Apart from being very loyal to my ideals...not much. I mean I can come off very ESTJ and 8-ish defending my ideals, but actual loyalty to other people..don't know.

People do misunderstand. I'm not loyal to them, I just can't go against what I believe is right, so I will stand up for them, stand with them etc.

This was one of the reasons I didn't think I'm type 6. I'm just not loyal unless the person or group or what have you has the same ideals and stands for something I stand as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.