Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that we are much of a planner species. I'm just wondering what sort of things you guys ever did on the spur of the moment (and it turned out to be so much fun)? Cos I could use some fun right now, my life is pretty much flat...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've started learning to be more spontaneous. Sometimes I'll just grab a book and go to a cafe or a quiet restaurant and read. Other times I'll take a notebook and draw or scribble down ideas. It's fun to people-watch, or to be around people without directly interacting.

Also, I used to never accept spur-of-the-moment social invitations, but lately I've discovered that those are the best kinds. When I know in advance that I'm going into a social situation, especially one with people I don't know too well, I over-think things and worry, and then I don't have much fun. But when I'm caught off guard, I can be witty and fun.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Woke up one day for school, unplugged the clock and went back to sleep. Not that crazy but I suppose I'm not too crazy of a person, sorry I'm letting the INTP image down D':

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Went for a drive for about 2 hours just listening to music and getting lost. I chose a direction and kept going. Turned on auto-pilot mode and zoned out to the music. That's about as spontaneous as I get. lol

Although, if anyone else came up and asked me to do something really crazy with them all out of the blue, I'd be much inclined to follow.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Grabbed my camel bak and went searching for trails.
Went to a shooting range.
Invited a friend to go to the beach.
Looked up historic places I didn't know about around town and visited them.
Went to a museum.
Called up an old friend.
Signed up for motorcycle lessons.
Signed up for salsa dancing lessons.
Started learning French.
Finally rented that movie which everyone scorned me for not watching.
Went to the zoo with friends.

I'll keep you posted. There's much more I just can't remember.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grabbed my camel bak and went searching for trails.
Went to a shooting range.
Signed up for motorcycle lessons.
Signed up for salsa dancing lessons.
Started learning French.
Finally rented that movie which everyone scorned me for not watching.
Went to the zoo with friends.
Hmmm... I'm now thinking of French, swimming lessons (a bit aqua-phobia), and archery lessons

Wow it's really as predicted: INFJs are not some spur-of-the-moment people. Hmm... I wonder which MBTI type has it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you are feeling low energy, get out in nature - seriously - with a good nature loving friend.

·
Banned
89 Posts
In college some friends and I decided to just skip class and drive to Mardi Gras. We had no hotel booked, no prior plans to go. We drove 90 almost the whole way there and slept in our car. It was so much fun!!!
I never would have done it if not for my more laid back friend convincing me to let my hair down and have fun.
I've been lucky to always have "wild spur of the moment" type friends to kinda pull me out of my shell and teach me to lighten up and live a little every now and then.

·
Super Moderator
12,037 Posts
Ok here goes:

I have or had a very low tolerance to physical pain, until last summer! Had to give myself shots in my stomach after a hospital stay! I had always hated and feared needles! Then I learned I could handle the physical pain. Well, at any rate, late this past Friday afternoon, my sister called and asked me to go to a breast cancer awareness fund raiser at the Harley Place. I told her no and yes. I had less than two hours to get ready. I got ready. She, also, told me that DeVille Ink would be there doing tatoos; it would only cost $20. All the money made from the tatoos was going to Dick Gelfman's breast cancer awareness ride I said no...no tatoo! I got out of the shower, got dressed and stuck $20 in my pocket. I didn't even think about it, until we were standing in line for her tatoo. I pulled the $20 out; my sister smiled. Well, I got a small pink ribbon tatoo smack dab in the center of the underside of my forearm! To my surprise, it didn't hurt at all! And better yet, it was for a damn good cause!

Ride Across Maryland :: Main Page

PS Wasn't the most spontaneous just the most recent is all.

Reactions: Susanna

·
Registered
693 Posts
That was when I said "yes" to a guy I met online and we didn't even see each other! It was 10 years ago and we are still having fun. Our son is 8 years old!
that is beautiful.

Reactions: CleverFoxy

·
Registered
836 Posts
If I feel like I'm getting into a rut I start small and work to bigger things...

Order random food. Try new restaurants. See a movie you wouldn't normally see. Talk to strangers. Say yes to every invitation to do something socially.

Then...
Try a new exercise class. Make a big purchase you might regret. Volunteer with a new group. Test drive a new car. Go scuba diving. Weekend trip to Vegas. (aka, let your Se run wild)

I think if I had more money, I would want to fly across the world on a whim. without packing. Like tahiti, or europe again, brazil, or someplace exotic like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts