Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Among the more open minded types who tends to be good with story telling :kitteh:

I'm curious, what's been the most untraditional way that you've met a friend?

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Uhhh....
There was the thing with the dick duel in a sauna.. the one involving falling on top of him after i fell off a stage... one after failing to pick her pockets... another one involving me tackling his girlfriend, OH and the one where I punched his laptop.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
So I go to a small school, and I'm pretty close knit with most of the music kids, even though i'm a physics major. It's sort of a running gag that I'm associated Ironman/Tony Stark because of both my attitude, my major, and my kickass Ironman backpack (yeah ok i have the mindset of an 8 year old boy sometimes it happens whatever)

Anyway, this dude who's easily a foot and a half taller than me has the nerve to stroll into the music building one day, wearing a Tony Stark tshirt.

Dude. There can only be one.

So in order to establish dominance as the alpha Tony Stark, I swagger up to him and introduce myself. Complete with a firm, iron handshake and intense stare.

In a drastic turn of events (that won't be explained here) the tshirt now belongs to me and fake!DeductiveReasoner and I have been amicable ever since.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Or there was that time I met a guy balls-out wearing nothing but a thong.

And the time I did the ice-bucket challenge completely nude in some other dude's dorm. Arguably, I had previously know of this guy, but we had never really spoken or hung out up until this point.

College is a weird place.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oh I got this one. Gather round children.

I once dated a girl whom I was trolling on Ask.fm (a site where you anonymously ask questions and they answer). She was loosely affiliated with another female friend of mine who also used that site, and I saw her on my friend's profile. She mentioned a movie I really liked so I would just ask her weird questions surrounding her tastes, and we actually hit it off. Eventually the anonymity transcended into friendship, and then a relationship. Pretty unconventional but it actually wasn't awkward at all, even though it sounds strange.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oh I got this one. Gather round children.

I once dated a girl whom I was trolling on Ask.fm (a site where you anonymously ask questions and they answer). She was loosely affiliated with another female friend of mine who also used that site, and I saw her on my friend's profile. She mentioned a movie I really liked so I would just ask her weird questions surrounding her tastes, and we actually hit it off. Eventually the anonymity transcended into friendship, and then a relationship. Pretty unconventional but it actually wasn't awkward at all, even though it sounds strange.
This is exactly how I met my INTP, are you me from a parallel universe? :laughing:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Theres this one guy, that was not strange but funny how it happened, once I knew mbti. There was a guy who played pool near my college, and I was always there, this guy wasn't, but many people had tell about him, and about his attitude, as I finally saw him there, he was extremely cocky and arrogant, and most of all very good in the game, wich was frustrating because he was there not very often... he really mindfucked who he was playing with, serious mind controlling pressure hahahah long story short, I was a bit curious about that guy and how everyone hated him, ask him to go smoke a cig with me, long story short we are friends and he's an ENTJ

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I had a hole in my black jeans and purple pants :D
That girl just put her finger and touched it and we laughed, now we are great friends.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Was bullied by this super strong and large guy in 1st grade elementary school. Then we became friends once we started talking and hanging out together.

I helped him with a couple of things since he was dyslectic and our friendship grew from there. At one point he even singel-handedly beat a group of 3 people older than him that tried to bully me. Needless to say, they never came at me again.

We grew apart and stopped hanging out after 9th grade. He was a good solid chap really. :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I went to this site called PerC and clicked on a thread about "what's the most untraditional way you've met a friend?" thread, and my reply was so witty and funny that the next morning I logged into my account and had like 1000+ friend requests.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Met two really good male friends in the queue at a Star Wars convention. They just happened to be stood behind me, we got chatting, wandered round the con as a threesome, exchanged numbers and kept in touch!

I'm not sure that's really untraditional, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
When I was 13 I went to this school camp where I met a lot of people from other places within my country. There was this shy girl (INFP) who draw wonderfully and we basically talked like once or twice, but I gave her my address because she said she would send me some drawings from the Harry Potter books. We started mailing (you know, the regular mail, nothing about techonlogy). I visited her twice, she visited me once and we met some other times in different cities. and now, almost 14 years later, we maybe see each other once every two years but we're still great friends.
Moreover, one time I visited her, there was this very extroverted friend of hers who was interested in my university. And this ENFP friend of hers ended up in my university, living in the city I was living in and being a great friend of mine as well.

So, one school camp almost 14 years ago = two wonderful friends :)

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a gloryhole
Oh my god!!! That's disgusting!!!! Lol! I knew this idea was a good strategy for the lolz. That's so disgusting..

Can you imagine if that actually was the case! :laughing:

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a hole in my black jeans and purple pants :D
That girl just put her finger and touched it and we laughed, now we are great friends.
LOL!! Really? I liked this one best :tongue:

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
LOL!! Really? I liked this one best :tongue:
Huhhg, don't be overwhelming! :D

Also another story with an INFJ, I told her 'I am not planning to fall in love'. Damn, I think I still love her even years after :)

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
LOL. I love the ENTP forum. Everybody's posts here are always so entertaining :laughing:

Anyway, weirdest place I met a friend....At the library. :3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts