Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well.. I don't even know where to being. Except that it's quite easy.. maybe..

Are we talking about the general public or someone in particular who doesn't like the band? The only bands I can think of that people might not like are bands that I like but that they've never heard of. Most of my closest friends are metalheads and I know they like most of the same stuff that I like, and then there's the friends/acquaintances who are more mainstream-ish and even into electro/beep-boop-stuff. It's hard to a band they'd all dislike.

I'll go with Blutengel first:

And then maybe Abnormality:

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Owl City

I'm too mature and enlightened for this generation

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I like them, a lot of X/Y people do, but no I don't like them the way you do. A lot of people don't appreciate Lana del Rey like I do, a few of my friends do, but these are like people I have known at different stages of life from different places, I would have to go to North Carolina to go to a Lana concert with someone I consider a close friend. I made friends at Hollywood Forever in October bc Lana fans are surprisingly open, kind of like latter day Dead Heads or something, just really warm and kind and intense screaming people, but even the last three men I have dated, an ESFP an ENTP and an ISTP. ...the ESFP matters most to me and is just kind of like ok her music is catchy, it's fine to hang out or fuck to, but he does not get it at all, like oh how cute another thing you're obsessed with, like cats. The ENTP blatantly shaded her but said he would listen to her newer album for me and gave a lengthy explanation about how these things are subjective, and went into the dynamics of Gen Y and what Lana del Rey represents. The ISTP actually has met her and called her a psycho, and I really didn't appreciate his entire attitude, you almost have to come to a place to Los Angeles to meet people like him.

But also Concrete Blonde. My ESFJ loved them and yeah a few people I knew in high school, and some older Gen X people I know.

Apparently nobody here. I made a really long dramatic thread about them in the Gen Y forum with a disappointing response.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
The following artists and bands are ones which I think most people I know wouldn't like.

I think most of the non-English songs tend to be disliked by most people I know, unless they're of a terribly popular genre like rock or pop.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Gonna go with Royal Bliss because I just did a guitar cover of one of their songs and was thinking about how probably no one knows who they are.

They're hardly eccentric, you'd think they'd be more mainstream. But look at the YouTube view nos.

"Guilty pleasure" music, now that's another story. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Slipknot: You either love them or you hate them.

I like Before I Forget, and Wait and Bleed was fantastic. I need to listen to more before I can say anything more about them. I just remember these two songs.

Nu-Metal gets a lot of s**t but the really good stuff conveyed an emotion that I could appreciate. Maybe that's a different thread down the line.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well.. I don't even know where to being. Except that it's quite easy.. maybe..

Are we talking about the general public or someone in particular who doesn't like the band? The only bands I can think of that people might not like are bands that I like but that they've never heard of. Most of my closest friends are metalheads and I know they like most of the same stuff that I like, and then there's the friends/acquaintances who are more mainstream-ish and even into electro/beep-boop-stuff. It's hard to a band they'd all dislike.

I'll go with Blutengel first:

And then maybe Abnormality:

I guess I meant more a band that would legitimately piss off people if you put them on. Even your friends/people who like similar music to you.

For others: underrated bands is a different thread I think :).

Abnormality killed my hands in Rock Band 3, so... grrr. I like Monarch Omega, gives me a Meshuggah vibe.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts