Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't have to be horror scary, but could also be scary in the sense of frightening and ill-omened. But it also could be horror scary. For me, the scariest me is probably drag me to hell

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Unborn. That was scary as hell.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Eraserhead, watched it in my early teen-years. had often nightmares after it. oh, and Blairwitch2 (the 1st was great, but the 2nd... wow o_O) oh, and Poltergeist 2, Rev. Kane and his sect o_O. last but not least: The grudge. I am scared by "the sound" :D

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
The scariest movie I ever watched was a documentary on STD's that we had to watch in bio class.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
This might not be the scariest movie (though I do think it's pretty damn creeptastic), but it was probably the most scared I've been watching a scary movie.

I watched El Orfanato by myself with all the lights off except a candle. During a thunderstorm. I almost started crying, I was so scared.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mars Attacks.

Granted, I was six years old at the time. I love the movie to death now.
I think what did it though was that it was listed as a comedy then and I was constantly waiting for the funny things to kick in. I didn't watch it to the end when I was little either, so there was no resolution for me.

Reactions: BlackMamba

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Exorcism of Emily Rose was particularly creepy to me. Thats the closest thing to scared I have been from a movie. And it didnt help that my husband got out the crucifix and hung it while we were watching it (to protect us) LOL because HE was creeped out!

·
Banned
1,699 Posts
Mars Attacks.

Granted, I was six years old at the time. I love the movie to death now.
I think what did it though was that it was listed as a comedy then and I was constantly waiting for the funny things to kick in. I didn't watch it to the end when I was little either, so there was no resolution for me.
OMG yes! I saw it when I was little and it scared the crap out of me for years. Was a long time before I was willing to watch it again, and when I did and realized how funny it was... I was just like.. wow... I love it now too.. but when I was little I used to think about it all the time. Gave me nightmares.

·
Banned
1,699 Posts
This doesn't have to be horror scary, but could also be scary in the sense of frightening and ill-omened. But it also could be horror scary. For me, the scariest me is probably drag me to hell
That movie was definitely disturbing.... Everything always going into peoples mouth.. made me want to vomit... ugh

Paranormal activity scared me.. I'm sorry.. honestly in my opinion.. it doesnt take blood and gore to get me scared... that movie was effective.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
When I was a pretty young I saw Pet Semetary and that left me pretty scared for a long time but I imagine it's probably not as freaky as it was as a tween.

I saw Wolf Creek a few years ago and it really disturbed. Some guy took me to it on a date and while I like scary movies, I don't like violent movies and I found it was too realistic and extremely misogynistic.

I also found Insideous to be very creepy, but I really enjoy those types of movies.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Exorcist creeped me out... Insidious... When I was little... people under the stairs scared me.
Exorcist makes me laugh a bit and the insidious boy is too cute to make me scared XD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
28 Days Later. It was extremely well-done in all areas and consistent enough to draw me in and keep me there. It maintained a certain verisimilitude throughout, allowing me to sufficiently suspend disbelief. It worked on a lot of levels other than inspiring terror. The Descent would be a somewhat distant second.

When I was a child, it was Carrie. That final scene at the graveyard freaked me out.

Frankly, I find most horror movies to be of inferior quality, and not terribly frightening. It is the rare horror film that can truly draw you in and make you care about the characters involved.

The film that disturbed me the most was probably Requiem for a Dream.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw Insidious in the theaters, and I was SCARED. It's a jumper, that's for sure.
Similar, but also completely different, is The Woman in Black. I finally got to see that, and it was just creepy and scary all around. Even my boyfriend was creeped out.
Pet Semetary also spooks him pretty badly. I can fall asleep while watching it, but he always has to watch something else afterwards to calm down. :laughing:
Paranormal Activity, all of them really, spook me. I won't watch them if I'm alone at night.. :unsure:
Silver Bullet used to scare me half to death when I was little, but I always went back for more.
Jeepers Creepers. I can't watch that movie without getting distressed/scared/upset. I don't even know why. But it bothers me soooo much.
Beauty and the Beast! The mob scene. It used to scare me when I was little..
The Lion King too. Scar's song.
I can't think of any more...hmm..​

1 - 20 of 248 Posts