·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see you responses :happy: .

·
MOTM June 2015
4,393 Posts
I wish I knew with certainty what my husband's type is. He is not at all interested in knowing, and says he is not going to be defined by 4 letters. I managed to get him to take a few test, but the results have been inconsistent. His results have been ISTP(1x) INFJ(1x) and INTJ(2x)

I lean toward INTJ. He can be a bit over reactive to stressful situations at times, and I don't know if that is true of the typical INTJ, but I'll go with INTJ for now.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wish I knew with certainty what my husband's type is. He is not at all interested in knowing, and says he is not going to be defined by 4 letters.
I have the same problem with my boyfriend. I do know he's introverted like me, so after being together for over 5 years, I will have to say INFJ.

Reactions: jamaix

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm an ENTP married to an ISTJ for 12 years. We are surprisingly compatible. Our faults seem to be the other person's strengths or the yin and yang complement each other. He gets me to stay focused and look at the details while I get him to think more outside the box and look at the big picture. Neither type is particularly dominating all the time, we kind of go back or forth taking control. I let him take control of the things I could care less about (usually detail things like the color of our lawn furniture, how we organize our office and bills, organizing our garage and attic, where to go to eat-honestly, ask an ENTP, we actually rarely care where we go out to eat, only that we get out and do something-there have been several discussions about this, etc.) while he usually defers more to me when it comes to childcare, vacations, places to go, etc. (mainly because I have researched the hell out of it and looked at it from every possible angle). I find after years with him that I tend to look at things a little more critically and I have gotten him to be slightly more optimistic and broaden his views. There are things we know to avoid-like have a friendly debate. A black and white ISTJ arguing with a shades of gray ENTP that likes to play devils advocate is not a good thing (I save that for my NT friends). Expecting an ENTP to want to discuss how to structure finances is also not going to happen (we will reluctantly do it kicking and screaming).

Although I think that Extrovert and Introverts are actually better suited with each than two extroverts or two introverts. Two extroverts are often in a power struggle and two introverts can become hermits and forget to experience life. However an Extrovert and Introvert together can be a source of problems in social situations. As you know, an ISTJ in a social situation where they know everybody can be pretty outgoing. Quite honestly, if I hadn't met my husband with his group of friends, I probably would have never gotten to know him enough to want to date him. When my husband is in a social situation where he doesn't know anyone but me or is uncomfortable (like my company Christmas party), he will look completely unapproachable and I will literally get several people ask me if he is mad or if there is a problem (I have an ISTJ female friend who also has gotten the same thing). He is usually fine. We finally had to talk it out because I want to socialize and I feel bad he is sitting in the corner. He does not want to be dragged around mingling and making small talk either. What we agreed on was that I drag him around to those "important" people so that he doesn't appear antisocial and then I park him next to someone I know he likes to talk to and I mingle and occasionally check back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm an ISTJ in a beautifully healthy and happy long term relationship with an INTJ. We are actually moving in together in June!

I'd say the best feature of this relationship is our ability to talk to one another, and understand each other without getting hurt or offended. Even when anger is involved, which is rare, arguments are more just like slightly more serious discussions. What we say to one another is exactly what we mean, neither of us look for a hidden "meaning" or try to twist the other's words around. I love, love, love this. I often get into big trouble with feeling types, as an ISTJ with a VERY underdeveloped sense of tact, I often find myself at the butt of rage without even knowing what I did/said. I don't have to worry about that with him, though. I don't have to try to sugarcoat things, or walk on eggshells to salvage his feelings, he knows when I speak it's factual, logical, and not meant to be offensive. Our communication style is basically perfect, to me anyways, and paves the way for a smooth, drama free, and pleasantly boring (as in, no drama, not as in, no excitement) relationship.

I also do like the fact we are both introverts. We do enjoy going out, we just prefer it to be a couple activity then to go out and socialize with other people. He is definitely more extroverted than me as well, and I'm happy staying home if he does decide to go out with friends, and I'm happy catering and cooking (some of my favorite hobbies) for if he has people over, serve them, and then dissapear into the shadows, beaming at the remarks "This is delicious!". I'm also happy to hang out with his friends every once in a while, which I know makes him happy. And he's happy to allow me to stay home when I'm not feeling particularly social. We're just both so damn... happy. Hah.

He is by far the best sex partner I've ever had, and it only gets better with time. He's the most supportive, caring individual I've ever known, and I know I'm one of the few (or possibly, only) people who get to see that side of him. I am an incessant and nervous talker, and can chatter constantly about nonsense things, future plans, some interesting article I read, my analysis of a behavior I saw a classmate do, and he just loves to listen. It reminds me of the couple from the Disney Movie "Up", where the chick is just going on and on, and the look on her man's face is just pure bliss, and they just spend their days happy like that together. It's weird really, because everything I read about INTJ'S points to them hating chatter, but mine just seems to eat it up, and will even ask for more if I leave the room to silence.

There is a bit of a struggle with our S/N divide, I guess struggle is the wrong word, but I'd say that the communication regarding that takes the most effort. He sees my insane attention to detail, my need for organization and my stress towards things out of my control as, well, pointless. But he still respects it, even if he doesn't understand it. I admit, I don't always share his enthusiasm for some of the out-of-the-box dreamy ideas that he has, it's hard for me to get excited about things that I can't see practicality in, but, I recognize these things as important to him, and do my best to respect and support them. And while I help to put his feet on the ground if the situation calls for it, he helps me to get my nose out of budgets and spreadsheets and forces me to just enjoy life, to take a breath, to live in today instead of next month's assignment lists. We have found a way to turn what could have been an issue into a complimentary structure, that I think we both really respect and are greatful for.

I like that neither of us are flighty, overemotional, play games, or try to control one another. We both challange each other intellectually (at least I hope he feels that I do for him!), as we are both very intelligent but in wildly different fields of interest. We are both pretty serious individuals but are able to bring out play and silliness around each other. I can be exactly who I am when I'm alone around him, so he drains none of my social energy, I can literally be in the same room with him all day and have no desire to leave. I love him dearly, and have opened myself up to him more so than anybody. I know I've found something special that some people never find. I get confused when people say that an INTJ and ISTJ pairing are terrible (and I've read lots of things saying just that), but, I suppose MBTI isn't everything!

·
Registered
101 Posts
ESFP
-we are not compatible, arguments are very frequent due to her lack of logic
-she loves me significantly more than i love her, so in this partnership, i can finally relax and let someone else do most of the work

I find that i am highly attracted to ISxPs but it's significantly harder to maintain a relationship with them because we are both introverts and don't voice our thoughts enough. I lost an ISFP due to my inability to verbalize my feelings and passivity, even after establishing the relationship.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts