Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you people relate to/notice/use your tertiary Si?

For me the function feels almost ungraspable, I even notice my inferior Fe tendencies more than the Si ones. Actually I don't feel like my Si is any more defined or dominant than my not-even-in-my-functional-stack Se.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I think I have a proper place in society that I was born in tune with, contrary to others' attempts to make me a cog contrary to my natural abilities and desires.

And I think knowledge is a set of static facts.

And I'm pretty sure a bunch of people are out to control my body.

And I think people should ultimately be out there to back me up and want the best for me.

And I think I stand for civilization's best interests.

Just joking. I'm not even INTP and don't even have Si in my preferred type.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Whenever I explore new music, films or another form of art it becomes apparent. Hardly ever do I appreciate the piece of art immedeatelly; I have to internalize it. When time goes by, I grow eventually fond of it. But never at instance. When encountering new music, I have made the mistake in the past, that I mistook my lack of "reaction" towards the piece for general lack of appreciation. I took me months to get into Wagner, or Black Metal, but now that they are "in", and they are an indestructible element of my mindset.

When it comes to memories I can get extremely sentimental. I tend to return to former places, listen to old favourite cds, take a look at things from my childhood and so on, when venting nostalgia.

·
Registered
520 Posts
In theory, Si is used by the INTP when imagining something using Ti. Technically when we think we draw on a general tendency of how things were experienced using Si; these conclusions are then arranged by Ti to form new conclusions about the world, which then is then perceived through Ne.

I'm sort of going against the philosophical grain here, usually Ti is described as making conclusions, but it seems more appropriate to describe conclusions as something we perceive; rationalization of said conclusions is merely a motion being taken in order for us to perceive said conclusions. The reason why Si feels non-existence is because we're viewing the self, the dominate, as the motion that is using this content.

TLDR: we use Si as a pool to construct new conclusions from.

Just a ramble. >,>

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I think I tend to ruminate on things that cause me anxiety wayyy too much. This could be a loop between Ti and Si where my mind constantly brings me back to the subject of worry and I attempt to use Ti to logically rationalise the fear-provoking incident while sabotaging my Ne from letting me move on and process new information.

Sometimes certain places or even smells remind me of things in my childhood that I can't pinpoint. I'm guessing this is through introverted sensing and making intrinsic sense of what I've processed through the five senses.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The other day, I was in a house that I had spend countless days in as a kid with my best friend (who I rarely speak to any more). As soon as I stepped through the door, I was overcome by my Si. I hurriedly examined every room in the house and picked out how they had changed. It was my most nostalgic moment in a long time.

And to answer your question OP, no. I don't think anyone noticed what I was doing.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
I rarely notice Si unless its in the form of nostalgia, like when I watched Pacific Rim my Si was getting all horny because it reminded me of the TV shows I watched as a kid like Power Ranger and Ultraman.
I loved that movie for that reason too.

GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING GIANT MONSTERS. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts