Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an ESFP - I think that people whom I consider 'friends' often betray me. Do you think ESFPs expect too much from others? I sometimes wonder if others are jealous of me ? If I just expect too much from others? or if I am obnoxious and/or bossy and/or insensitive to others -especially I's - feelings? :shocked:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Perhaps it would help if you provided an example, but to be honest, yeah, you're probably insensitive and you probably expect too much of others.

Welcome.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Welcome, @wuzasims! I've never met an insensitive ESFP, so it sounds to me like you're being misunderstood. Check out the ESFP subforum for some same-type insight. :happy:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Make new friends... well hello there :p

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Hello there. Are you really ESFP? I've never met an insensitive ESFP. Maybe you're a T not an F.
By the way, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, definitely ESFP, (though F is on the lower range, P is on the extreme high end) and being plain spoken or direct is one of my traits or as a former supervisor use to say, an 'upfront kind of person'. Sugar coating doesn't occur naturally to me, but at times in retrospect I wished that I had thought more about what I was going to say. My tendency to be direct and truthful has offended greatly an ENFP friend and my ISFJ daughter and ESFJ son. However, my INTJ son usually agrees or scoffs or argues, my daughter withdraws , and E son is loudly defensive. Btw, how did I have all J children?

Hello there. Are you really ESFP? I've never met an insensitive ESFP. Maybe you're a T not an F.
By the way, welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
377 Posts
I'm an ESFP - I think that people whom I consider 'friends' often betray me. Do you think ESFPs expect too much from others? I sometimes wonder if others are jealous of me ? If I just expect too much from others? or if I am obnoxious and/or bossy and/or insensitive to others -especially I's - feelings? :shocked:
Don't be too hard on yourself but pick your close friends more wisely. The sweet art of betrayal is a disease that belongs to the whole of Humanity. Someone who betrayed me very deeply used to tell me often:

"Never be surprised what one human being will do to another..."

Sadly, this is all too true.

Welcome to the Forum. You will find plenty of support here.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Yep, definitely ESFP, (though F is on the lower range, P is on the extreme high end) and being plain spoken or direct is one of my traits or as a former supervisor use to say, an 'upfront kind of person'. Sugar coating doesn't occur naturally to me, but at times in retrospect I wished that I had thought more about what I was going to say. My tendency to be direct and truthful has offended greatly an ENFP friend and my ISFJ daughter and ESFJ son. However, my INTJ son usually agrees or scoffs or argues, my daughter withdraws , and E son is loudly defensive. Btw, how did I have all J children?
Ah, I see. I notice some SP or SJ also even thought they have a T preference, they may sometimes show F in them, unlike in NT.
It's so funny your children are all J. Don't you want that? It mans they are a blessing and will grow as responsible citizens.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
What exactly constitutes a betrayal, anyway? It sounds so dramatic. I've been lied to, and people have talked about me behind my back, and I've been deceived-- Are these betrayals?

Or is investing trust in someone and having them let you down?

I must admit, to somebody with a great deal of sensitivity, it may seem as if I'm betraying them by not following through on many little things that I will say that I will do.

Welcome though! Penguining around here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking at the type ESFP by itself from an INTP perspective: I would be worried our interactions would fail because a sensing type places value on structure, and fact. I believe its true in all relationships that flourish you need to have an open mind and be open to change. From what I understand, sensing types are structured by definite things, and embrace facts, and rules, which they tend not to question. Especially if you have a firm understanding of why you believe what you believe. It sounds to me like you know what you want. So, pairing that "strength in structure" sensibility with "feeling" and "perceiving" you might see your belief's as something to be respected as a structure, or fact, or something definitive, which cannot be questioned or judged, which results in you being stubborn or difficult. Sometimes people need to disagree with you, and two people can be right even if they dont agree. Do you spend a lot of time trying to convince people to see things your way?

I think you're on point in asking the question "do i expect too much of others?" because you might expect people to embrace how you feel or what you believe with the same dedication but without question. Which is difficult, as im sure you understand, being stubborn and all. As an INTP I am very stubborn too :)

If you are out of reach when it comes to relating and companionship, people might seek out an easier/more manageable relationship to engage in.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
Welcome to PerC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts