Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I read about this in Scientific American Mind a couple of years ago, so I'm already kind of familiar with attachment styles and their differences, causes, etc, so I took it just to be sure I was correct.
My results:
Anxiety score: 2.44
Avoidance score: 1.09
"Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships"
Sounds about right :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Loveternity and @yourebffjill .. thank you! I was wondering if I was going to get any feedback from the Two subforum. I appreciate it! :wink:
lol... i'm surprised there have been only type2 responses insofar (myself included!).

2w3 (so/sx/sp).

attachment-related anxiety score is 2.55,
attachment-related avoidance score is 3.00

a smidge higher than the other type2's but still relatively secure! woot woot <3

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@n2freedom You should post your results too!
Here it is...thanks for asking...

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here it is...thanks for asking...

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.
:( Oh noes!

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
My 2 cents;
Anxiety - 3.62
avoidance - 1.82

which means I squeezed into the 'secure' quadrant. Phew- I was getting anxious about this test....;)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Thank you for posting this thread @n2freedom :).. It got me thinking; I would have scored differently 10 years ago. I was far more anxious - I have had the grace of a solid and reliable partner who has let me trust :D

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for posting this thread @n2freedom :).. It got me thinking; I would have scored differently 10 years ago. I was far more anxious - I have had the grace of a solid and reliable partner who has let me trust :D
Glad you mentioned that. From the limited research that I have done, it seems to indicate that a person's attachment style can fluctuate depending upon the attachment style of their partner. One example it gave was a secure partner could help to level out the other types.

But, I assume in my case, fearful avoidant, I would need a paradigm shift in order to be open to a secure attachment style partner. In other words, I would need to get over being attracted to styles that are high avoidance like me.... i.e. dismissing and/or another fearful avoidant style. In hindsight, it seems I have had a tendency to attract them in droves. But, where there is a will there is a way. And, I am sick and tired of dysfunctional crazy ass relationships...it's time for a change.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
I'm 2w1-1w2-5w4 SX/SP

Cool!
My results:
* attachment-related anxiety score is 3.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety)
* attachment-related avoidance score is 2.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)
* you fall into the secure quadrant
Ditto!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got this~ >~< oh dear...
apparently I fall into the fearful quadrant~
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is
5.40, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts