Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take the assessment below and post your results. Also, indicate your Ennea instinctual variant, core type and wing.

Attachment Style

2,781 Posts
4w3 sp/sx

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.50, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
4w3 so/sx

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.12, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

·
Banned
898 Posts
4w5 so/sx

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 6.75, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

Pretty typical.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

Pretty typical.
I take it you were not surprised by your results?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I've always known about my relationship problems, yes. It ain't easy being an SX 4 ^^
Or an Sx 8, my attachment style was fearful-avoidant...after researching more about it...it clearly explains the difficulties I have experienced in relationships. Now the question is how to fix it. :rolleyes: At least preoccupied attachment style knows they want to be in a relationship...whereas fearful-avoidant wants to be in one and but is fearful of one.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Or an Sx 8, my attachment style was fearful-avoidant...after researching more about it...it clearly explains the difficulties I have experienced in relationships. Now the question is how to fix it. :rolleyes: At least preoccupied attachment style knows they want to be in a relationship...whereas fearful-avoidant wants to be in one and but is fearful of one.
I can sort of relate to that. I want to find a connection REALLY bad but at the same time, the idea of commitment makes me sort of.. yeah. I tend to lose interest after a while. I also disengage emotionally if I'm not satisfied with how things are. Disillusionment can suck :sad:

Is your issue more related to vulnerability and being dependent in a relationship? I suppose that's one thing 8s struggle with.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I've never actually been in a relationship, so I had to guess what it would be like. :/

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can sort of relate to that. I want to find a connection REALLY bad but at the same time, the idea of commitment makes me sort of.. yeah. I tend to lose interest after a while. I also disengage emotionally if I'm not satisfied with how things are. Disillusionment can suck :sad:

Is your issue more related to vulnerability and being dependent in a relationship? I suppose that's one thing 8s struggle with.
Absolutely, definitely related to vulnerability and being dependent. When I started researching my attachment style, I was floored how accurately it described my crazy ass in relationships. And, it's not pretty. I see why I have only been in 3 committed relationships. In the past I categorized it as being in relationship with emotionally unavailable men when actuality I probably have been drawn to men with dismissive and/or fearful avoidant attachment styles.

Btw...I was only able to find one research document correlating enneatypes to attachment styles and you are right in line for the projected attachment style based on that research article. It correlated type 4 to preoccupied along with type 2.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
4w5 sp/sx

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.60, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.40, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

·
Registered
346 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 6.56, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.36, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

4w3 so/sx

·
Registered
814 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.78, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Hmm.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
4w3 so/sx

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.89, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.36, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

[Yay.]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts