Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quiz if you don;t know: Attachment Style

Secure
It is relatively easy for me to become emotionally close to others. I am comfortable depending on others and having others depend on me. I don't worry about being alone or having others not accept me.

Fearful
I am somewhat uncomfortable getting close to others. I want emotionally close relationships, but I find it difficult to trust others completely, or to depend on them. I sometimes worry that I will be hurt if I allow myself to become too close to others.

Preoccupied
I want to be completely emotionally intimate with others, but I often find that others are reluctant to get as close as I would like. I am uncomfortable being without close relationships, but I sometimes worry that others don't value me as much as I value them.

Dismissing
I am comfortable without close emotional relationships. It is very important to me to feel independent and self-sufficient, and I prefer not to depend on others or have others depend on me.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.36, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

·
Premium Member
15,241 Posts
I showed low avoidance & low anxiety & was placed on the "secure" part of the graph. I have a great partner though.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.90, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 6.45, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

I hate conflict. This sucks.

Reactions: Luke and Azure Bass

·
Registered
285 Posts
My anxiety score is 3 and my avoidance score is 2. That puts the blue dot high up in the secure quadrant. I answered based on how I would normally expect to feel and behave within a loving relationship.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I answered according to what happened in my first relationship. Preoccupied, high anxiety. Uh, I think that was my partner, actually. :crazy:

·
Registered
602 Posts
this was kinda fun:

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.93, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

·
Registered
448 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.88, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
It put me very slightly in the preoccupied quadrant.

But it doesn't matter, there are too many things interfering with my results.

By nature I'm inclined to get very attached very fast, but exactly because of the problems that brings I learned behavior. I consciously manage it. I avoid attachment and love without it. So the results heavily depend on whether we're talking about when my guard is dropped (ideal relationship) or when things are still undecided (and things in life are usually undecided...).

Beautiful, right? Detached love. "I love you with all my heart, but if I never see you again, I'll be over it tomorrow." Firing love at full blast, but if you aren't there to take it, oh well I'll be over there doing the same thing with a new target...

It sounds so much worse in text. :mellow:

Then again, that's assuming I can successfully hold that attachment back, and honestly nobody has really tried to test my limits.

Edit: I don't even know what I'm rambling about, I should delete this.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Dot is in the pocket between low avoidance and preoccupied. I'm kind of amused at how far out it can go (snail's dot).

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

I suggest anyone that didn't read the note at the bottom to read it from this (especially the bold):
Note: This web questionnaire was designed for educational purposes.
Technical notes: Half of the items used in this questionnaire come from the Experiences in Close Relationships - Revised (ECR-R) questionnaire, by Fraley, Brennan, and Waller (2000).

Fraley, R. C., Waller, N. G., & Brennan, K. G. (2000). An item response theory analysis of self-report measures of adult attachment. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 78, 350-365.

The remaining half of the items are selected at random from a larger bank of items that are included for exploratory purposes. The attachment scores computed at the end are based only on the ECR-R items.

If you have further questions about attachment research or this questionnaire, please contact Chris Fraley. Many frequently asked questions about this questionnaire are answered here. For more information on measurement issues more generally in the study of adult attachment, please visit the following link. Please note: I am not a clinical psychologist and cannot respond to e-mail requests for personal advice or counseling. Please see a trained professional if you are interested in such matters.

source

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
347 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i didnt take the test - i dont think i could answer some of the questions :unsure:

i'm fairly confident i'd be in the "fearful-avoidant" sort of area, though.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
150 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.
:laughing:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.75, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.12, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

------

Hm, I don't think I'm hostile or competitive....but the rest is pretty much true.

·
Registered
226 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.64, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
I scored as fearful-avoidant.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence

My dot was a little past the second tick in between South and Southeast.

·
Registered
236 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.90, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.40, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Interesting. I must say I'm rather surprised. While I agree with some parts, my past actions are contradictory. Upon reflecting this, I think it was mostly due to the circumstances. The flaws such as self-doubt and insecurity are mostly correlated with my nature. As long as the other party and I have communicated our wants and needs clearly and continue to do so when they change, I'm fairly certain I'll be content...

If only I was always like this all the time, even in the times of crisis that concern me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts