• Pig

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might be a fun poll to see. I've always related more to my Chinese Zodiac sign than to western astrology. Plus the whole idea of seeing people as different animals is fun (and rather helpful as it turns out).

If you don't know your sign, just enter your birthday into the cute calculator here: Chinese Zodiac: 12 Animal Signs, Calculator, Origin, Birth Calendar

The Zodiac is a 12 year cycle, beginning with The Rat and ending with The Pig. I'm sure there are INFPs born in every year, but it would be interesting to see if any trends pop up.

Thanks in advance for anybody who participates. :)

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Dragon (born in '88), which is awesome cause my name is Yoshi (ya know, that quirky little green dragon from Mario :p). Think it explains my obsession with dragons quite well.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hello?

Yes, this is dog... :tongue:

So yeah, I'm a dog and if you include elements I'm a wood dog.

Though these descriptions are generic, I can relate to them somewhat... (Pulled from another site)

Among the animal zodiac, Dog individuals are the most humanitarian. To the Chinese, Dogs represent justice and equality. These are the givers in life, prepared to sacrifice their own dreams, ambitions and desires for the sake of others, particularly for those they love. Fiercely loyal to those they love, Dogs are ever ready to jump to the defense of any member of their family or friends who is being attacked by either word or deed. They have a penchant for championing the underdog. Born with an innate sense of decency and a need for equilibrium in a chaotic world, Dogs strongly denounce injustice and wrongdoing, generously giving useful and effective advice to those around them. Their warmth, empathy and genuine interest in others win them many close friendships. Dogs inspire confidence in others, and the confidence is justified. They will always do their utmost for others, and their dedication can go to the point of sacrifice. Dog people deserve to be held in the highest esteem.

The Dog makes a faithful, honest and courageous friend, and has a deep sense of justice. These people tend to be both magnanimous and prosperous, yet they can also be dogged, guarded, and defensive. Because they genuinely feel they know best, they can sometimes appear bossy. They accomplish goals quickly, their successes the result of hard work and intelligence. But the Dog never really relaxes. Despite appearing calm and at rest, his heart and mind are always jumping.

The Dog is an introvert who rarely shows his feelings; when he does it's only because he thinks it is absolutely necessary. He's stubborn in the extreme and knows what he wants. Frequently cynical, he is feared for his sharp tongue and his acid and disagreeable remarks. He gives the impression of looking systematically for faults in everything he touches. This is because he is the world's biggest pessimist and expects nothing out of life.

With their forthright honesty and true moral integrity they soon become pillars of society, respected for their views and trusted by all who come to know them. Because they have the knack of gaining backing from important people, their careers are often brilliant. Dogs find it difficult to adapt to change, perhaps because they have a reputation for being innately pessimistic and expect the worst to happen. They have a tendency to become wistful and nostalgic about the past. Of all the animals in the Chinese Zodiac, Dogs are the least materialistic for they are unselfish individuals who care more about people than they do about money or success. It doesn't worry them to be without the material comforts. Even if they are in the money, their tastes are simple enough. But if by any chance they should suddenly and urgently need money, nobody is better equipped than them to get it!

The loyal Dog makes a splendid captain of industry, an active trade union leader, a priest, or an educator. but whatever his career, it will have in him a spokesman whose ideas will be profound and often original. Nations would do well to follow such champions, for under no other sign do we find united in the same person such uprightness, rectitude and passion for work allied to so little personal ambition.

The three phases of the life of the Dog are all marred by uncertainty: anxious childhood, difficult youth, middle-age defeatist before the work is to be done, and an old-age full of regrets for not having done enough.

It is said that a Dog born in daytime will be calmer and less anxious than one born during the night. It is at night that the dog's job is to guard the house -- and thus he will be eternally on the lookout, always on the alert, barking all the time to scare away intruders and finding no time to rest. For people born at night under this sign, it's a dog's life!

Under the influence of the element of Wood, he is enchanting, warm-hearted and even-tempered, who, despite his candor and wariness of strangers, will form close and lasting relationships with those he chooses to love. He is honest, considerate and well-liked, seeking intellectual stimulation, working hard to develop himself. He has an aptitude for dealing with large numbers of people from all walks of life, acting with maturity and common sense. He will be popular and is basically group oriented, eager to please as many of his friends and associates as possible. He may be unwilling to move ahead without the sanction and backing of others.

·
Premium Member
15,172 Posts
Pig. And A LOT of what is under the spoiler tag is bang on, for me.

Pig is not thought to be smart as dog. It likes sleeping and eating and becomes fat. Thus it usually features laziness and clumsiness. On the positive side, it behaves itself, has no calculation to harm others, and can bring affluence to people. Consequently, pigs were once regarded as wealth.

Strengths
People born in the Year of the Pig are honest and frank, chivalrous and gallant. They have a calm appearance and strong heart. They do whatever they want with their strength. They are tolerant and optimistic, but not until they become your friends can their virtue, advantages and fidelity to friendship be appreciated. They are quick tempered, but hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. They are not afraid of difficulties and problems but try to work them out. They treat friend sincerely and they do not tell lies unless they have to. They are kind and light hearted and usually go to sleep easily.

Weaknesses
They are trusting and sometimes naïve, so they may easily fall in traps. Although they are loyal to friends, they do not have many friends. They are hot-tempered and impulsive. They are not good at communicating with others. If they play pranks on people, they will not know when to stop.

Horoscope and Numerology Elements
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: hai
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): shui (water)
Yin Yang: yin
Auspicious Directions: southeast, northeast
Lucky Colors: yellow, grey, brown, golden; Avoid: red, blue, green
Lucky Numbers: 2, 5, 8; Avoid 3, 1, 9
Lucky Flowers: hydrangea, pitcher plant, marguerite
Zodiac Sign Compatibility - Best match: sheep, rabbit; Avoid: snake, monkey, pig

Celebrities Born in the Year of the Pig
Henry VIII, Oliver Cromwell, Albert Schweitzer, Ernest Hemingwa, Stephen King, Alfred Hitchcock, Woody Allen, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Ewan McGregor, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Jenna Elfman, Julie Andrews, Lucille Ball, Luke Wilson, Mahalia Jackson, Magic Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Nicholas Brendon, Rachel Weisz, Ronald Reagan, Agyness Deyn, Amber Tamblyn, Amy Winehouse, Carrie Underwood, Mila Kunis, Chiang Kai-shek (an influential Kuomintang leader of 20th century China), Lao She (a Chinese author)

Fortune Foretelling in 2014
Pig people will welcome a good year in 2014. Their relatives and cooperators will help them a lot so that they will make great achievements in career. Although they generally have a good fortune in all aspects, they should not be too negligent of tiny things. For example, if they don’t treat the discomfort seriously, they may suffer serious disease at last.

Career: Those who have a stable job will have good chances for improvements. If they are able to handle their job well, they will get praise from leaders and seniors. Then they may be promoted in position and capability. It is necessary to get along with colleagues honestly and modestly, or they may take a risk in missing any expected opportunity. Business people are suggested to be careful and brave to make some investments on condition that they have well master the changes of market.

Wealth: Their financial fortune will be a little weak this year. They have to work very hard to earn money. By doing so, they will have a chance to be promoted or get higher salary. Business people may easily get frustrated. Thus they are suggested to think twice to make a final decision to make any investment or enlarge the business. For all pig people, they need to be careful that they may unexpectedly lose money. For instance, when traveling outside, take along the valuable possessions.

Relationships: Their fortune in love life will be good enough. Singles are expected to find their love. They are suggested to take part in more social activities and if anyone of their relatives or friends is willing to be a matchmaker. Never miss the chance! Lovers may consider getting married in the year. By doing so, they will lead a happy and harmonious relationship. Some conflicts may happen between couples, but they’d better bear each other to get through all.

Health: In general, they will be fine in 2014, but some latent diseases also require their close attention. They should do regular exercise and keep a healthy diet to avoid discomfort, especially in the kidney. Males are advised to keep a balance between work and health. They should spare some time to have a rest or do some outdoor sports after work. Females should pay attention to unexpected endocrine dyscrasia. Light-flavored food is more recommended and it is best to avoid sour and hot food.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Earth Monkey

Lucky Colors: white, gold, blue
Lucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8
Lucky Flowers: chrysanthemum
Year of Birth: 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028
Personality
The monkey ranks ninth of all the animals in the Chinese zodiac. People born in the year of the monkey are witty, intelligent and have a magnetic personality. Personality traits like mischievousness, curiosity, and cleverness make them very naughty. Monkeys are masters of practical jokes, because they like playing most of the time. Though they don’t have any bad intentions, their pranks sometimes hurt the feelings of others.

Those born in the year of the monkey are fast learners and crafty opportunists. They have many interests and need partners who are capable of stimulating them. While some like the eccentric nature of the monkeys, some on the other hand don’t trust their sly, restless and inquisitive nature.

Although they are clever and creative, monkeys can't always exhibit their talent properly. Monkeys like to take challenges and they prefer urban life to rural.

Health
People born in the year of the monkey might have to spend more time doing their daily jobs. Therefore, monkey people need to remember to take a break to save their energy during their busy schedules. They want to experience the flavors of life. Usually, monkeys are very healthy creatures, partly due to their active lifestyles. If they do experience illness, it is usually of the nervous or circulatory system. Since monkey people will have more outdoor activities, they have to pay attention to safety while traveling or driving. As long as they care about their safety and health, they should be fine. Constantly being active is likely to be what helps monkeys remain in good health.

Name:
Email:

Career
When it comes to career, monkey people do work very hard. They can adapt to different working environments. Good career choices for monkeys are accounting and banking, science, engineering, stock market trading, air traffic control, dealing, film directing, jewelry, being a and sales representative.

Relationships
In relationships, monkeys are not very quick in settling down, for they are easy to be promiscuous and bored. However, once monkeys get a perfect partner, they commit to him/her in every possible way. Since monkeys love to talk and are sociable, they can be communicated with easily.

Compatibility
Best with: Rat or Dragon
Worst with: Tiger, Snake or Pig

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Reactions: WarriorBard

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pig. And A LOT of what is under the spoiler tag is bang on, for me.
I love people born in the year of the Pig. They're so honest and frank. :)

Reactions: Sangmu

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I am the goat, or the sheep, born 1991.

Chinese Zodiac Goat

Personality
Occupying the 8th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Goat (or Sheep) symbolizes such character traits as creativity, intelligence, dependability, and calmness. Comfortable being alone to ponder the workings of their inner minds, Goats enjoy being part of a group, but prefer the sidelines rather than the center. Their nurturing personality makes Goats excellent care-givers. They’re quite and reserved because they spend much time absorbed in their thoughts.

Home and alone is where Goats feel most comfortable. There they can express themselves artistically, whether it’s by painting, cooking or participating in whatever artistic endeavors they enjoy. Goats prefer the couch because there they can relax and explore their minds. They don’t need elaborate furnishings; only items reflecting their desire for art.

When traveling or seeking entertainment, Goats prefer groups or venues that hold many people. Goats spend money on fashions that give them a first class appearance. Although Goats enjoy spending money on the finer things in life, they are not snobbish.

Health
Perhaps because Goats are basically serene, they tend to have fewer health problems. Their fragile exterior hides the fact they’re typically very healthy. When they’re happy, they’re healthy. When Goats become unhappy, especially as a result of romance, they quickly become sick.

Relationships
Goats tend to be private, so it can take effort to get to know one. The Goat is the one who will decide when and with whom it will share its personal life. As a result, most Goats have few “closeâ€� friends, yet they’ll work hard for those they love.

Career
Goats at work prefer being part of a flock. Power and status aren’t important. Goats will only assume leadership roles when asked directly. They’ll never volunteer. Good career choices for Goats include: florist, interior designer, daycare teacher, pediatrician, actor, editor, hair stylist, illustrator, musician, and art history teacher.

Metal Goats Years 1931 and 1991
Metal Goats are tough on the outside, fragile inside. Those close to Metal Goats understand and accept this. Metal Goats are very cultural and they’re most appreciative of the arts.

Compatibility
Goats are compatible with Rabbits and Pigs and incompatible with the Rat and Ox.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm a dog~

I don't remember exactly what kind of dog. I think it was wood but I'm not so sure. I identify with the loyalty/selfishness dilemma that I always read on the Chinese restaurant placemats. I'm at a constant battle between knowing I should do something to be loyal to my friends and our friendship... and doing something by myself like playing Animal Crossing or reading Not Always Right/Working.

Plus I know for a fact that I'm a little bit selfish, but I try not to let it show. .__.;

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm an Earth Dragon. Born in '89 but before Year of the Snake began. I grew up among Snakes.

Dragon doesn't suit me at all. They're supposed to be tough-skinned doers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, so far we have almost run the entire gambit. We have the most Dragons and Pigs, but no Oxen or Roosters. An INFP Rooster... I'd like to meet that person. My mom is an ISFP rooster, and that's a pretty funny mix -- "I'm crowing here, don't notice me!"

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wow interesting because I never interested to know what Chinese year I would be and the result is snake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. If you're interested in Chinese astrology, you should know you have an hour, day and month animal as well. According to Feng Shui, your day animal represents your inner self, as well as who you are compatible with in marriage or partnership. Your month animal represents your relationships with your parents and peers, as well as talents in business. Your hour animal represents your relationships concerning your children, siblings and old age. Lastly the year animal represents how society views you.

You can find out your 4 pillars of destiny here: ww w.psychicscience.org/pillars.aspx

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
Water Dog, And its dead on. I never put any faith in this kind of thing, but maybe there is something to it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts