Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's simple, comment the name of your favourite band. (It must be band)

***If you are unable to decide between two bands because in your opinion they are just that great you may list BOTH.***

Bonus Points: list a few of your favourite songs by them. You could even supply the music video for them

I'll go first! :wink:

The 1975

1. "The City"

2. "Robbers"

3. "You"

4. "Antichrist"

Honourable Band Mention: Bastille

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sublime,

Cage the Elephant,

and Plain White T's

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not EN...but want to post on band...

Hottest band of ALL TIME....and still goes on with that ever-lovin' Jack White...

pure sex..........and talent :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
My username is a comp album by The Cure, and my avatar is Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star, but my favorite band of all time is probably The Smiths.
Tracks:
-Nowhere Fast
-Well I Wonder
-Girl Afraid
-Some Girls are Bigger Than Others
-This Night Has Opened My Eyes

·
Registered
511 Posts
Run River North

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
... The Doors, already spoken for. Need to add Celebration of the Lizard.

This album from The Mars Volta.

maybe early Pearl Jam, or some Frank Zappa.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mando Diao (The 1975 being a close 2nd, though) :cool: :kitteh:

& they're really nice before/after shows to fans and down to earth guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Reactions: badgers

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,570 Posts
My favorite band of all time... it was probably the most played tape when wake boarding and sailing in my childhood. Hell I still have all their songs on my MP3 and is still the most played music when on the lake, along with Bob, and Kottonmouth Kings. My father would play Sultans of Swing and I was forever their fangirl.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The World is a Beautiful Place (& I Am No Longer Afraid to Die)

nah just kidding. I just wanted people to notice how long it was . they're still a great band though. :)

I would have to say, the Foos - quality, and quantity. They're consistent with their quality, and they've been around for a long time. Also, they just hit home with me with so many different songs, I like that in a band.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OP, I thought favorite band meant 1 band, and not 50 :) - You fucked your own post up!
No... I supplied a band called "The 1975" and provided the music videos for 4 of my favourite songs by them.
I also gave an Honourable Mention to Bastille in text below the last music vid.

In my post I welcomed people to include listing some songs, and better yet the music videos for them, by their chosen band.

Cool Tip: Try reading the entire post including the titles of the videos BEFORE making backhanded comments to the poster. :wink:

·
Registered
ESTP - SEE Fi
4,694 Posts
Queens of the Stone Age

Mainly because this band can pull off an absolutely insane amount of different stuff throughout the albums. And it also change of pace. Of athmosphere. Of rythm.

Josh Homme is the answer to everything in the music department really (just listen to Arctic Monkey's Humbug and notice the difference, or Them Crooked Vultures). Just notice how the riffs change and how the breakdowns are intense, how the overall construction of the track won't leave you a single second to do something else than just beein carried, eyes closed.

Kudos if you find what the song is about just by watchin the clip and listenin to the lyrics (don't read the comments, that's cheating).

Totally relatin to that song when my dark side take the upper hand, sometimes ...

But but also there's

Which is quite an incredible one in term of emotions ... and the lyrics are just ... well there's no words, just enjoy

Also +1000 for Kasabian. They're just amazing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts