Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say I love flirting but in real life (offline) it isn't as useful or rather, I don't think most men like my style of flirting. Which is pretty much all in the land of imagination.

I like to be silly and childish and I'll throw a lot of double entendre's or sexual innuendo' depending on how much I'm interested (the ratio would be maybe 4:1 / 1 being sexual and 4 being silly or playful). I like to be a little difficult / sassy and I tend to avoid boring and bland small talk.

I can not stand the "hey" opener. I'll be better with a "how was your week". But the minute I try to get them to move to imagination land to go back and forth and mentally play.. Most guys just think I'm crazy (or they just feel lost and don't know what to say or how to respond). And I just chalk them up to boring (which I realize isn't necessarily the case).

To be honest I haven't really entertained other ways of flirting and I don't think I'll change my style per se but I am curious... How do other people flirt??? What's your style of flirting?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have to say I love flirting but in real life (offline) it isn't as useful or rather, I don't think most men like my style of flirting. Which is pretty much all in the land of imagination.

I like to be silly and childish and I'll throw a lot of double entendre's or sexual innuendo' depending on how much I'm interested (the ratio would be maybe 4:1 / 1 being sexual and 4 being silly or playful). I like to be a little difficult / sassy and I tend to avoid boring and bland small talk.

I can not stand the "hey" opener. I'll be better with a "how was your week". But the minute I try to get them to move to imagination land to go back and forth and mentally play.. Most guys just think I'm crazy (or they just feel lost and don't know what to say or how to respond). And I just chalk them up to boring (which I realize isn't necessarily the case).

To be honest I haven't really entertained other ways of flirting and I don't think I'll change my style per se but I am curious... How do other people flirt??? What's your style of flirting?
Have you tried the female version of this:

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol! So what you're saying is what you have on me is being calm in addition to being witty? Booooo. :tongue:

I got nothing so I boo on that. Or rather, what I got is too wordy and dismisses the point of this thread which is to get to know other people's flirting style!

·
Registered
29 Posts
By flirting, do you mean hitting them over the head and dragging them back to my home? I love the idea of innuendo, and though I do have a clever tongue (hey oh) at times and an extensive vocabulary, I sometimes come across as too forward. I also try to (over) analyze the purpose of the flirt/phrasing. I am horrible at noticing if someone is flirting with me unless it's very direct too.

I should say I do not often initiate flirting unless tipsy.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Good question, as I'm not sure I "flirt" in a traditional sense...

When I'm really interested in someone, I try my best to really hone in on what she likes and offer a really genuinely nice, meaningful, conversation. I match gaze with said person and lose ourselves in our voices.

When I really get comfortable with said person, then I get a little more child-like and humorous with shitty and witty puns and other jokes that may or may not develop into inside jokes :p

Basically, I think I flirt with an inverted method... I know not many people want to start off heavy handed, but for me, I want to spend time knowing the 'genuine' side part of a person first. If I can't see anything beyond surface level, then I lose interest and don't see the point moving beyond friendship.

I take my flirting seriously yo :tongue:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Well, today a girl asks me for a cigarette and I say no. Then she asks why and Im like "youre too pretty to be smoking". She never got the cigarette, either. Whats funny is that I had just given another guy a cig. Truth was, it was the last one. I would have otherwise. But, she doesnt need to know that.

And, also today a girl is walking in front of me, so I go to overtake her and I say "nice hair". All they ever say back is "thanks".

And a couple days ago theres this hot girl working at walmart, so I go ahead and ask her to find something for me...even though I know where it is. She kind of sensed it and was flirting back. Lol

Then once Im at a drivethrough and I tell the girl that I'll come back in a week and ask for her #. Then she asks me why I dont ask her then, and I say..well, would you give it to me today. She laughs and says no and I respond, thats why I ddidnt ask for it today. Then I ask when I should come back for it, and she tells me her schedule.

My problem is, I dont ever pursue any of these girls. Its just fun to hit on a girl.

But, I also have a dark side. When I sense, know, or otherwise decide me and the girl dont have a future, I can be rather vulgar as Im dismissing myself.

Also, talking about babies is gold. Also, I ask girls for their friends #. I have never gotten a girl to give me her friends #. Stingy. So, I guess..sweet and sour? A bit vulgar, balls out, crazy? I can also be very nice...make you feel good about yourself. Im also...the funniest man alive. So, that helps.

Not that I know what Im doing. Honestly, sex is just a crapshoot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I look them in the eyes and smile, over and over again until they are mine!

:crazy:

And then when they want me I don't want them anymore, because I'm fucked in the head. :D

Uhm, but yeah, it's not about words at all for me.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The awful type, no doubt -_-;

I'm probably not bad in chatrooms and the like. I can tease and be playful (up to a point - sometimes watching people do this sort of thing, when they get too goofy/cutesy, I just get all crotchety and sarcastic. ... playfully crotchety and sarcastic. -_-; )... probably make a bit of innuendo. Whatever.

In person I have no idea what I'm doing and I just act polite and converse normally with someone. Last time someone tried to talk with me at a bar I REALLY made an effort to not go back to reading my book and keeping a bit of eye contact and whatnot. Nothing says "flirting" like attempting to not read a book, right???

Reactions: Page

·
Banned
10,157 Posts
I am a linguistic person. So I flirt with the way I talk, the things I say, the way I say it. With my eyes, smile and stuff like that. I guess I flirt with everything I can without being the physical flirter. In a verbal way I am flying around the person like 2 butterflies dancing, without touching each other.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'll just make fun of girls and smile until they start laughing at everything I say regardless of how stupid it is. I used to be terrible at it but now I'm pretty good at making girls not think I'm weird. So that's a step in the right direction lol. Although I usually decide pretty quickly if I'm actually interesting in something more with a girl and I'm pretty selective so most of my good friends are girls and I just practice flirting with them. I still have some difficulty making the jump to actively pursuing a girl, though.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
I flirt only for friendly purposes. When it come down to dating and potentially be with someone its all about like, beein yourself.

Make her laugh, ask her out, do things together and eventually one day one of you two will ask to stay for a night in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There's all sorts of things I subconsciously and consciously do.

Subconsciously:
-Be very attentive.
-Given them very intense but loving eye contact
-Eyes slightly closed and eyebrows raised, making an eased face.
(Definitely a lot more, but those are some I can put my hands on)

Consciously:
-Tease
-Ask questions about them.
-subtle, and sometimes direct touches.
-compliment them when necessary

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Flirting style.... flirting style... Hmm...

I dont think men has as many options, atleast not the same ones.

I usually just approach someone. Or talk someone up.
I like being a little silly, I often feel a little as if I become Charles chaplin or someone, the guy from "Singing in the rain", I like to entertain.
Helpful, and perhaps foremost then I try to be an gentleman.

I can become really really clumsy when around someone, which i think someone kinda works for me maybe. Altho it really is kinda involentary.

I recently talked with someone while on a ferry that was in high seas, and i was loosing my balance all the time. moving away and towards her. Which made her smile a little.

But flirting for me is mostly when there is something catchy going on with our eyes.
But often am in a state of *RUUUUNN*

·
Huggable Meepster ^__^
5,900 Posts
*over acts* Me? Flirt? Well, I am an amazing flirt if I do say so myself. I must say, that I really enjoy the compliment that I just gave myself and I am wondering if I told myself how pretty I look tonight? Because I am so gorgeous. Ah, I make me swoon. I think I want to spend some private along time with me, so that I can get to know myself better <3 *grabs own booty as I walk away from this thread*

50% of the time, I'm 100% effective against myself :wink: (The other 50%, I reject myself and leave myself all alone :crying: )

That said, I have been known to flirt with anything in sight (I give a new meaning to the words "tree hugger" :wink: But hey, the trees were "coming" onto me with their swaying in the breeze and trying to dump their loads of pollen on me. They wanted me :cool: And yes, I have that effect on botanical organisms :cool: )

If you have not guessed already, my flirting style is lots and lots of silliness. I can also be blunt and over the top, but I also like to tease as well. I remember being in a fake facebook relationship with one of my straight male friends for about two years in college and we would hit on each other (he would smack my butt as hard as he could and it would sometimes hurt his hand ... serves him right, Newton's 3rd law can be a meep :p ... I suppose you could say he literally hit on me/hit standing behind me) and when he would talk about wanting to be with a woman and would sometimes pretend to walk away (I'd take a few steps), slowly shake my booty, and tell him to enjoy the sight because it could be the last time he enjoys it :p
But I have flirted with lots of people, usually I'm silly and will make silly innuendos, but I think it also depends on the person and how comfortable I am with flirting with them (although I've flirted with strangers and as long as they seemed happy and flirted back, then it was pretty easy. I don't recall ever having an awkward flirting experience). Hmmm, in person, I may make more use of facial expressions and my tone of voice. When I really like someone and I am willing to so beyond just silly flirting, I have been known to give lots of compliments, look amazed, hang on every word they say, and sometimes even blush slightly or have a higher pitched voice :p
With significant others, I have gotten down on one knee and asked for their hand in walkage (I wanted to hold hands while we walked). With one in person girlfirend, I would sometimes make up a song on the spot (I'm a terrible singer) that was either sweet or silly (On time, with a silly song, one of my exes would pretend to try to punch me with the hand that I was not holding and I would duck and we did that over and over again to the beat of the song as we walked :p ), but usually we would just talk as we walked and kisses as well (or, if it was a lonely/empty street with no one around, I may have snuck in some booty grabs ... I maaaaayyy have, but I ADMIT NOTHING!!!!! ... oh I also danced on the sidewalk with an ex sometimes ... although she tripped a lot when she walked so although I enjoyed holding her hands, being close to her so that I could catch her was for safety as well lol)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts