Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ummm...i have been a member for a very long time, i think a year now but i haven't posted a topic yet. yeah i am kinda shy but i figured that i would try overcoming my shyness and post. this is my first post ever, well i posted a question before but i am not counting that cause it wasn't in this forum.

i got the idea from an INFJ thread, i looked but couldn't find anything similar in the infp forum (using the search bar)

just tell what your guilty pleasure is, something you wouldn't admit to liking to just anyone. it can be a movie you like, song or type of music, tv show, food, ect.

i will share mine:
i love the show My little Pony :laughing:, i wouldn't tell anyone i know in real life that though lol. :unsure:

also ever since a person on this forum posted "the snuggle song" by Schnuffel Bunny i found i really liked a lot of the other songs too.

what are yours?

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm.. my guilty pleasure would have to be Sex and The City and Desperate Housewives. I wouldn't tell anybody I watch them. I normally don't like stuff like that- but then! - yeah guilty pleasure, and romcoms! Like the cheesiest, girly romcoms. I wouldn't tell anyone, even if my life depended on it. but here ofcourse, no one knows me-- hehe--

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't think I actually have any guilty pleasures, but the next closest thing would be The Nanny. I typically hate that kind of show but for some reason I like watching it. Not ashamed to admit it though! :p

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
First of all, congratulations on your first OP! You don't need to be nervous, even I'm shy in real life and I'm getting used to this forum already.

As for guilty pleasures, I admit I like to watch Two and a Half Men. I don't usually like those types of shows, but Charlie Sheen makes me laugh a lot.

There may be another one or two, but I'm not ready to confess them yet:blushed:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I am guilty because I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to TV. I don't watch what is on TV. I don't even know how to get stations on my TV. I talk about how I stopped watching TV back in 1999, and it's basically true. HOWEVER, I have Netflix, which has a large collection of TV episodes on it, streamed to your television. I will watch through an entire television series on Netflix and somehow that doesn't count as "watching TV". haha. I'm ashamed to admit there are actually TV shows I like, some of which are pretty trashy. It's a pride thing, I guess. I feel guilty about it but I don't try to stop myself.

Other guilty pleasures would be certain indulgent foods like very cheesy pizza or gourmet cupcakes with piles of rich icing on them. also, as I just mentioned on another thread, I have been getting into NASCAR over the last year. I feel like such an outsider to this sport. I keep my interest hidden because I don't want people to think I'm a stereotype. My father in law found out i liked NASCAR and immediately said, "Oh I didn't know you were *******!" :( And a few of my friends just look at me like I'm crazy when I say I'm going to Jeff's house to watch NASCAR. They think I'm joking. My dad can't even handle the fact i like country music. He bought me this book about the politics of country music, as if he was trying to show me that country is full of ******** and conservative morons. Yeah, dad, I know that's the stereotype, but I don't care. I like it. I don't feel as ashamed for liking country as I do about liking nascar, but I am slowly getting a little more used to it. fuck, who cares. I can like whatever I wanna like. If people wanna be close-minded and judgmental, then let em.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am guilty because I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to TV. I don't watch what is on TV. I don't even know how to get stations on my TV. I talk about how I stopped watching TV back in 1999, and it's basically true. HOWEVER, I have Netflix, which has a large collection of TV episodes on it, streamed to your television. I will watch through an entire television series on Netflix and somehow that doesn't count as "watching TV". haha. I'm ashamed to admit there are actually TV shows I like, some of which are pretty trashy. It's a pride thing, I guess. I feel guilty about it but I don't try to stop myself.

Exactly. :) I am proud non-watcher of television since 2002, but i watch tv-shows or movies on-line or in the PC. So, shame on me. :) But it is also because i live in country, where its not possible to watch some good shows or movies without few years of delay, so . . .

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Exactly. :) I am proud non-watcher of television since 2002, but i watch tv-shows or movies on-line or in the PC. So, shame on me. :) But it is also because i live in country, where its not possible to watch some good shows or movies without few years of delay, so . . .

Good for you for saying no to "real" TV programming. At least we can both say we aren't being tainted by the commercials! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amy Grant music and this:

(Chocolate bomb truffle cake)
major Chocolate addict here (who hasn't had Chocolate in a long while) my mouth is watering...aaaahhhh that looks like Chocolate lover's heaven!

Reactions: INFPgirl

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Other guilty pleasures would be certain indulgent foods like very cheesy pizza or gourmet cupcakes with piles of rich icing on them. also, as I just mentioned on another thread, I have been getting into NASCAR over the last year. I feel like such an outsider to this sport. I keep my interest hidden because I don't want people to think I'm a stereotype. My father in law found out i liked NASCAR and immediately said, "Oh I didn't know you were *******!" :( And a few of my friends just look at me like I'm crazy when I say I'm going to Jeff's house to watch NASCAR. They think I'm joking. My dad can't even handle the fact i like country music. He bought me this book about the politics of country music, as if he was trying to show me that country is full of ******** and conservative morons. Yeah, dad, I know that's the stereotype, but I don't care. I like it. I don't feel as ashamed for liking country as I do about liking nascar, but I am slowly getting a little more used to it. fuck, who cares. I can like whatever I wanna like. If people wanna be close-minded and judgmental, then let em.
yeah i stopped watching tv too, i watch stuff online only now or i check out a dvd from the library (so glad they started that) sadly there are still commercials online too..hmmm maybe i should check out netflix.

i know i hate stereotypes, you like what you like it doesn't matter. i am not a big sports fan but don't mind watching NASCAR every once and a while when it comes on. i used to like Country and i still do like some of it.

Reactions: ethylester

·
Registered
367 Posts
My guilty pleasure is that I play WOW... Been raiding for almost four years now, 3 nights a week lol So yea... When my computer broke a while back, I went to a store and shyly asked a salesman for help finding a new "gaming computer". He looked at me and asked what kind of games I play. I whispered to him what I needed it for and he started walking in another direction talking really loudly, asking a DIFFERENT sales guy what he would suggest. That guy said that we would do better asking a third guy who was in the back and he started hollering back behind the desk.."Hey, this lady out here plays WOW, what computer would you recommend I show her?" I was so embarassed. Felt like everyone turned and looked at me at the same time, although it was probably my imagination. Next time.... I will definitely order online. lol

1 - 20 of 129 Posts