Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An INTJ friend of mine recently posted a blog entry explaining the various cognitive functions of that type and ended with a brief description of his Hogwarts house: Slytherin. He is a rather goal-oriented and ambitious person.

I don't really think there's a strong correlation between MBTI and the Hogwarts houses, but it's kinda fun thinking about which house's values and motivations best describe you. I actually want to say there's a stronger relationship to the Enneagram, but we are talking about a fictional "personality type" system. I'm a 4w5 and I'm not sure this type really fits any one house best (maybe the guy that dropped out of HSW&W).

Anywho, I took this test: Harry Potter - Sorting Hat House Quiz

and got: Ravenclaw

I think... that makes sense. I do crave knowledge and understanding more than getting good grades or getting a higher paycheck. I lean towards insight and understanding; I get the impression Ravenclaws are a bit more passive than the other houses. Definitely not Slytherin because I'm not so focused on my studies and will spend hours researching things that have nothing to do with school or work. Not Gryffindor either because I'm not a reckless dunderhead... no, that was too mean; I'm just not that brave/righteous. I could be Hufflepuff, but I think I'm more of a knowledge/wisdom person than a loyalty person (although that is important to me).

It's kind of a fun little pseudo-personality type thingie. Not sure how useful it is for actual, personal development, but I think Rowling put a pretty decent amount of thought into making the houses encompass a wide range of personalities/motivations.

So what is your Hogwarts house? How well do you think you fit into its archetype?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

Your in-depth results are:
Ravenclaw - 12
Hufflepuff - 11
Gryffindor - 10
Slytherin - 8

@bubbleboy, check this out! ;)
aw, I'm a hufflepuff lol

Your in-depth results are:

Hufflepuff - 15
Gryffindor - 11
Ravenclaw - 11
Slytherin - 8

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
@bubbleboy, I don't care which house we're in. We are friends. Care to join me for midnight excursions? I'll bring the candy! :D
Sorry, I floss my teeth with ravenclaws and use their bones as toothpicks.

Reactions: Curiously

·
Registered
663 Posts
The sorting hat will definitely have a problem choosing a house for me:

Gryffindor - 12
Hufflepuff - 12
Ravenclaw - 12
Slytherin - 7

Of all of them I feel more identified with Ravenclaw because what I want the most is to understand. I got a bit of a hufflepuff because I believe in the goodness of others and that people deserve second chances. I am a coward XD most of the time and try to avoid trouble and keep a low profile but when other people are been hurt/abuse by others, there is the impulse to do something about it hence the Gryffindor points.

Definitely I will never be a Slytherin because I lack ambition and don't care about power at all. Although I don't like rules that much :p.

Reactions: hal0hal0

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hufflepuff - 13
Ravenclaw - 12
Gryffindor - 10
Slytherin - 9

I'm not quite sure I remember what Hufflepuff or Ravenclaws 'characteristics' are, but I'd probably be okay with any house. The more I think about it, the more I feel like some of my traits fit each one of the houses, although it would be cool to be in Slytherin, then I'd have an excuse for always being late to class and being a bit of a smart-ass :p

·
Registered
517 Posts
ok so the pattern is that INFJs tend to not be slytherin. out of the data presented by the LIMITED pool so far. then again it is going all as i have planned. slytherin on the bottom. maybe the INFJ shadow would fall in that house though or some ISTJs.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hufflepuff - 14
Ravenclaw - 11
Gryffindor - 8
Slytherin - 8

I am not really sure what all of this means. I vaguely recall watching part of one of the films. I think it featured Gary Oldman. I think that is why I watched it. I think I like the sound of Ravenclaw better, though I seem to be in good company in House Hufflepuff. Can we vote on a new name? All in favor say 'Hufflpuff.'

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Hufflepuff - 14
Ravenclaw - 11
Gryffindor - 8
Slytherin - 8

I am not really sure what all of this means. I vaguely recall watching part of one of the films. I think it featured Gary Oldman. I think that is why I watched it. I think I like the sound of Ravenclaw better, though I seem to be in good company in House Hufflepuff. Can we vote on a new name? All in favor say 'Hufflpuff.'
Hufferpuff!

Reactions: HorribleAesthete

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hufflepuff - 14
Ravenclaw - 14
Gryffindor - 10
Slytherin - 6

I am definitely a Hufflepuff, I was surprised to see that I tied with Ravenclaw. I was also expecting Gryffindor to be last because I don't exactly think that I am ever brave at all but I can have huge spurts of determination.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hufflepuff - 17
Ravenclaw - 12
Gryffindor - 11
Slytherin - 6

I knew it was either between Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw!!

I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore, but I actually feel I'm essentially in Hufflepuff in terms of personality and my own mentality.

This was a fun quiz to do, aha!

·
Registered
159 Posts
If it's not Pottermore, it's not a true sorting!

In the true sorting, I'm a Slytherin. We understand systems, yet aren't consumed by books like Ravenclaws; can be work by principles, yet aren't simple like Hufflepuffs can be; courageous, yet aren't reckless like Griffindors can be. Oh, and we're better than you...(j/k, just felt I should ham up the stereotype a bit).

This one sorted me into Hufflepuff and tied with Ravenclaw.

CLEARLY erroneous! :p

1 - 20 of 97 Posts