Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish,

Generous, and be able to tolerate me. I almost tolerate other people I can but sometimes I'm exausted(like now:crying:)
At a time like this, I wanna anyone who hear me. understand me, comfort me so that recharge me.
and can share values each other, if we can work together for that, it's the best.

Of course it is just ideal fantasy, but I can image, wish.
INFJ like falling out daydream :kitteh: but awake from dream, should go real world.

Sry to complaint, anyway, What's your ideal friend?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
To be honest, I can't think of one.

Any quality that I would give an ideal mate would eventually annoy me. LOL. One day I prefer this, the next day I prefer that. Right now I might say that my perfect soul mate would be sensitive. But despite being a very sensitive person myself, I often find myself wishing that other people would "suck it up." So it just seems like a bad idea for me to define an ideal person at all, because I'd immediately be dissatisfied with them anyway!

So, my real ideal mate is a real person who changes constantly just like me, who is sometimes too much of this, and sometimes not enough of that, but overall, a good companion that I can be myself around.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't know much about types so I can't pinpoint which type I would want my soul mate to be. I do know that I want this person to be an introvert. (I am just terrible communicating with extroverts all the time.) Also, as long as he can understand me emotionally and he is clean. As a perfectionist, messes drives me NUTS!!! :) Otherwise, I don't really care which type I get :3

·
Registered
450 Posts
To be honest, I can't think of one.

Any quality that I would give an ideal mate would eventually annoy me.
Same. I am beginning to wonder at this point if I just like being miserable & dissatisfied with my relationships and mates.

Over the past weeks I have been sort of dating an ESTP who I have been friends with for a few years. He is great, our values are similar or compatible, he has always been like something from my dreams, I am not sure he could come any closer to soul mate yet my mind is working overtime and obsessively to find something in him that irritates me, I am just waiting for some trait of his to start annoying me somehow. He is mentally calm and strong and this keeps my neurosis under control...for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know much about types so I can't pinpoint which type I would want my soul mate to be. I do know that I want this person to be an introvert. (I am just terrible communicating with extroverts all the time.) Also, as long as he can understand me emotionally and he is clean. As a perfectionist, messes drives me NUTS!!! :) Otherwise, I don't really care which type I get :3
I can undertand that your idea -terrible communicating with extroverts all the time- I also feel same thing.:laughing:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't want to nitpick on ideal personality types for ideal friends. I don't think I've met many people yet to know about types that much... I have one friend who nonstop talks pretty much, maybe because he is stressed, though I suspect he might be an extreme extrovert? I would prefer more introverted people, but if the person himself/herself is quite amazing in certain aspects, then why not? Different perspectives are fascinating. Anyone who is emotionally supportive and who listens, really.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I haven't noticed an ideal, myself. When I think of soulmates I think more along the lines of kindred spirits, who share some meaningful common ground and history with me even if we don't always understand each other or approach situations in the same way.

Two good examples of this are an ENTP and an ESFP I know. The first has an opposite set of skills and is going through all the major life struggles I've had in reverse, but we share pretty much everything else down to our core personal struggles, anxieties, desires, and dissonances. When it comes to the second we've watched each other's backs, fixed each other's problems with food, liquor, and hugs, and been sassy little bitches together for over a decade. I'm going to cry like a baby when she leaves for London in the fall.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hope to find someone who has a generous spirit, someone who gives easily and doesn't keep score.
I want someone who is not mean-spirited, even in jest.
I want someone who will be understanding of my need for space sometimes, and who I can trust not to be offended when I need to recharge.
I want someone who will not judge me for my strangeness or make me feel foolish and may even find my quirkyness endearing.
I'd love someone who enjoys initating affection because though I like to be affectionate, initation is hard for me.
Somone who is energetic and exciting but also kind and patient.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hope to find someone who has a generous spirit, someone who gives easily and doesn't keep score.
I want someone who is not mean-spirited, even in jest.
I want someone who will be understanding of my need for space sometimes, and who I can trust not to be offended when I need to recharge.
I want someone who will not judge me for my strangeness or make me feel foolish and may even find my quirkyness endearing.
I'd love someone who enjoys initating affection because though I like to be affectionate, initation is hard for me.
Somone who is energetic and exciting but also kind and patient.
Sounds like you need another INFJ to me!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like you need another INFJ to me!
Hmmm, maybe I do! I have never actually dated an INFJ. Though, I often think that an extrovert would be better for me, so I think perhaps ENTP is the right match. However, I worry that an ENTP would never truly "get me" in the way I'd want. So, then I think perhaps another INFJ is best. But then I think, maybe it would be too slow between us and an INFJ-INFJ relationship would never actually get anywhere... ? \:)/)/ ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
...an INFJ-INFJ relationship would never actually get anywhere... ? \:)/)/ ?
That's a Ni-Fe vs. Ni-Fe stalemate, right there! I can imagine my own thought pattern.

Thinking:
Should I kiss her?
No, that would be to abrupt, not the right time.
But what if she really wants me to?
Then maybe she would take the initiative...
No, she probably expects me to... or maybe she's not really interested?
I wish she'd give me some sort of a sign, I'm getting nothing here...
Wow, she looks great tonight...
Maybe I should tell her, but that might seem presumptuous
Say something, dammit, you look like a idiot right now!

Saying
"So, uhhh... heh heh, what a fun night. We should totally do this again!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts