Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've seen this around the threads I thought I might see what ISFJ's tend to get on this although I've already got an idea..
This is the test, pretty straightforward. The 5 Love Languages | The 5 Love Languages®

This is what I have

6 Words of Affirmation 12 Quality Time 1 Receiving Gifts 3 Acts of Service 8 Physical Touch

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
My mom showed me this once, it's pretty neat.

My results may have been a little skewed because I've seen it before, but here's what I got this time:

10 Words of Affirmation 10 Quality Time 0 Receiving Gifts 3 Acts of Service 7 Physical Touch

Or if I re-type it to make it look more clear:

Words of Affirmation: 10

Quality Time: 10

Receiving Gifts: 0

Acts of Service: 3

Physical Touch: 7

My guess is words of affirmation will be highest for ISFJs. Quality time is also high for me, but if I had to guess I would guess acts of service might be higher for than that for ISFJs.

I think it's interesting how receiving gifts is low for you and me. I'm curious to see if that's true for other ISFJs as well.

Physical touch might be lower for some ISFJs because we're introverts, and also because we like to form bonds with people first.

Quality time is higher for me, but my guess is that it's higher in SPs, who like to do fun things a lot.

My mom is an ISTJ, and it's interesting how acts of service is highest for her. I knew that about her before she even told me her results. My guess is that ESTJs and ISTJs will almost always score high on acts of service.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've noticed that acts of service mean a lot to ISTJ, my mother is one too, and I'm starting to feel guilty for not noticing that earlier. My guesses are that it's also most natural for them to express their love that way in comparison to SFJs who are more interested in protecting than serving (if that makes any sense at all)

I think SFPs or just SFs in general tend to score higher on Physical Touch but I agree with SPs being more likely to have a high score on Quality time as well.

Although I'm starting to think it could also depend more on the Ennegram types than MBTI.

I have a feeling Receiving gifts is low for most ISFJs because they seem to feel guilty when receiving gifts even though (at least for me) the thought and time behind the gift will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Here are my scores, my ISFJ folks.

8 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
2 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch

I did this kind of test long time ago, but I forgot my result.

Edit 1 : omg.....I recall I've replied something about my love language long time ago. Look what I found,
http://personalitycafe.com/istj-for...-one-five-love-languages-do-you-prefer-2.html (post #14)
My prediction from 7 months ago exactly matches my score today. This is funny.

Edit 2 : Okay, I found my previous score. Here :
9 Quality Time
8 Words of Affirmation
6 Physical Touch
4 Acts of Service
3 Receivng Gifts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
My mom is an ISTJ, and it's interesting how acts of service is highest for her. I knew that about her before she even told me her results. My guess is that ESTJs and ISTJs will almost always score high on acts of service.
Yes I've noticed that acts of service mean a lot to ISTJ, my mother is one too, and I'm starting to feel guilty for not noticing that earlier.
But from the scores I saw, most of the ISTJs had really high in Physical Touch instead. Words of affirmation is the next highest. One female poster even scored 0 in acts of service.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
8 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
5 Receiving Gifts
5 Acts of Service
1 Physical Touch

I love receiving presents. I wish I got more presents on my birthday, as of now, I only get gifts from my parents and a few friends. The only people who actually remember my birthday.

Reactions: mrgreendots

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
5 Receiving Gifts
5 Acts of Service
1 Physical Touch
That's odd, I'm the complete opposite, the first time I took the test I scored Quality time and Physical touch as tied in first place. I tend to shy away from physical touch on a regular basis but I'd love to be hugged by the people I feel comfortable around and care about.

Just wondering, what's your ennegram type and wing.
I'm 2w3
I'm wondering if 2w1s are less likely to score high on physical touch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That's odd, I'm the complete opposite, the first time I took the test I scored Quality time and Physical touch as tied in first place. I tend to shy away from physical touch on a regular basis but I'd love to be hugged by the people I feel comfortable around and care about.

Just wondering, what's your ennegram type and wing.
I'm 2w3
I'm wondering if 2w1s are less likely to score high on physical touch.
I think I'm 9w4. My family doesn't hug much. I used to hug my parents all the time when I was younger, but now, we just don't hug. I guess we're Asians, less touchy-feely than Americans.

Reactions: mrgreendots

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see, that's in the mind triad isn't it?
I know, I actually feel uncomfortable when my parents hug me or try to touch me but that's for different reasons I guess, I'm not exactly sure what to think about my family because I've grown quite detached from them. I guess it's a different kind of love from how i love my friends.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really like this assessment because I think learning how people show affection and doing that for them really shows them in their best light and lets people really get to know them. Anyways, here are my results:

8 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought touch would have been my highest, I love hugs from the people I like :)

6 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch

·
Registered
150 Posts
7 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch

So, pretty much I appreciate anything except gifts (which are still nice every once in a while). And quality time is preferred slightly more, but it goes hand in hand with everything else (at least the way I think of it).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Your Scores
9 Quality Time
8 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch
5 Words of Affirmation
0 Receiving Gifts

Huh. I hate gifts. Talk about awkward. "This is how much I love you in material object" statements aren't appealing to me. Gifts are one reason that I don't really like holidays.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am noticing that usually, (keyword, usually) we don't like getting gifts. It's funny considering how we seem to be really good at remembering what would make good gifts for people. And you think that with our tendency to hold vast libraries of memories and things that are tied to those memories, that we would love getting gifts that have one more personal connection with us. But then I think about it and it almost makes sense. We have that vast library of emotional connections so why do we need the object to remind us? And then it seems our natural tendency to do things for others and make them comfortable as a natural mode of living conflicts when presented with a gift; we feel some obligation to get the other person a gift which we usually don't like feeling associating it with a sense of failure; "Oh, you got me a gift. But I didn't get you anything. I'm sorry."

I'm really just speculating now. If anyone else has any insight, please share.

Edit: My bad, I forgot others were speculating, otherwise I would have given credit to those for noticing and already starting the discussion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts