Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just thought I'd post another thread .... well coz I can ... and coz I'm avoiding study!

This dude called Gary Chapman put out a book a few years ago called 'The 5 Love Languages' ... I haven't read it but I remember doing a test a few years ago around it.

1) Words of Affirmation
2) Quality Time
3) Physical Touch
4) Gift Giving
5) Acts of Service

So here's what I want you to post

1) What is the main Love language you communicate the best to others?

2) What is the Love language you think you need others to give you?

3) What is the Love language you use the least/need to work on?

Obviously being ENFP's we are experts at all of them, but there are probably ones that stand out the most.

Heres mine:

1) One-on-One catch ups are my favourite, I like to give an individual person my full attention, get deep and encourage them. So I would say quality time.

2) It's a toss up with quality time and words of affirmation. I've started realising lately how much I really appreciate letters/videos/kind words from others.

3) My worst is probably acts of service, I do it all the time but it doesn't come naturally at all.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hmmm, now this is an interesting thread. Also, it helps me put off doing boring things like paying my electricity bill... LOL

OK, here goes:

1. I am best at words of affirmation, people always come to me with their problems and issues, and I love to build people up. However, I am also a big fan of quality 1-1 time. So I'd say it's a tie between them
  2. Definitely gotta be words of affirmation. My general gripe is usually that very few people actually fully understand or accept me, so when someone vocalises that they do, or say something that suggests they "get" me, I become a happy bunny
  3. I need to work on physical touch. I'm not very touchy-feely in general. In private I am, but in public I'm not. I can be very enthusiastic, but I try and avoid being too physically touchy-feely from the outset because I try and avoid coming on too strong too fast
I guess that's pretty much me though :crazy:

Reactions: chadlinski

·
Registered
129 Posts
Quality time, quality time, quality time, with physical touch thrown in for good measure, but then some more quality time.

Quality time. I've learned that when someone wants to spend time with you, that's a word of affirmation in itself.

...I'm not very good with acts of service, or gift giving. I've always been a little selfish in that respect, but sometimes I just see gift giving and service acts as something supplementary to quality time, and that giving in lieu of spending time with each other is absolutely not for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
1. Im best at showing my love with acts of service and gift giving
2. my language is physical touch, I so rarely get it but when i do Im gone.
3. I need to work on physical touch

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
1) Quality Time/Physical Touch

2) Words of Affirmation/Quality Time

3) Gift Giving

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I like gifts, phone calls, and texts. I like my private space, but when we are together, I need tons of sex.

I may be high maintenance but at least I'm balanced. :happy:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
1. words of affirmation
2. quality time
3. physical touch
4. acts of service
5. gift giving

Actually the last 3 switch depending on my mood but the top two are the most important

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,208 Posts

I communicate my love by gift giving. But not physical gifts. A song parody I've written left on a voicemail, a small novel I've written for a friend for Christmas, a bottle of wine with the Boston Bruin's logo attached for my dad.

I try to affirm as well, though I crave this more than give it.

With the girls I've been with things always get physical, though it's always mutual. No that doesn't mean sex lol. But how can you date WITHOUT physical touch no matter your personal moral or religious code? Geez.

Affirmation. That's it, pump me up.

Also, a write in vote: Correction. If a friend believes I'm truly doing something wrong and confronts me in a polite way I highly respect that and feel loved by that action.

Use the least? I don't know. Probably physical touch since I restrict that to the ladies. The guys I'm with give a lot of backslaps and stuff but it's a stretch for me to call that "love." I probably need to work on affirming others more myself, I use ridicule and exaggerate people's problems a lot in my humour but never seem to boost 'em up when the jokes over.

Quality time? I don't initiate it much but always give it. Acts of service, umm other than helping poor people I'm not sure how to put that in action.

·
Registered
404 Posts

3) What is the Love language you use the least/need to work on?[/B]
1. Quality time. I really love giving my full attention to someone and having a fun time, with a good, deep conversation afterward. I live for these connections with people. I'm also pretty good at words of affirmation because I always make sure people know how much I appreciate them and it's always genuine.

2. Words of affirmation and physical touch. It's really hard for me to believe people love me without them verbalizing it. Also, I love physical touch but often feel too awkward to initiate it, and it's really important for me to be with someone, not just talk to them on the phone because it doesn't feel real.

3. Gift giving, I never give gifts to people unless I feel obligated too, like if they've invited me to their party. Most of my family and friends aren't gift people anyway.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Words of Affirmation are my specialty and acts of service are what I always strive best towards.

Acts of service, quality time... as long as they come from the heart.

It doesn't matter actually..I just want to make sure that I am more sincere in some of the things I do.

·
Registered
356 Posts

APPARENTLY 1 & 3 but I think more Quality Time, cause I would literally run to someone's side if they clicked to spend time with them xD Though I do think Words of Affirmation would be close to Quality Time, but Physical Touch i'm unsure of 'cause I pretty much have contact with everyone, so... Though I do get more physical with people I like, and find any excuse to have contact with them :')

Either Quality Time or Words of Affirmation. I really love it when people do little things along the lines of Words of Affirmation. It makes me all "Squee" inside ^_^
I think I'd also choose Words of Affirmation at the expense of Quality Time, if I had to choose between the two.

Gift Giving. I just never have the money to buy people gifts, or I plan to make them something, get half way through and give in/forget/lose a vital part of it/other. It just never happens.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1. I definitely use physical touch the most. It just seems like the most natural way to express myself. And I love having someone to hug and hold on to. It gives me that warm feeling of closeness that I love.

2. I need words of affirmation. I LOVE having someone who will be there for me and support me when no one else does. Physical touch is probably just as big a need too.

3. I need to work on acts of service. I am getting better at it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts