Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmmmmmm....That is an excellent question. I think the best way to describe my own Ni is: imagine a decent-sized reflective orb that reflects the world around it. It moves and ripples like water (think mercury) and floats in the air. Having this orb in your view gives you a gift, in that you can perceive things about the world through this orb that you couldn't otherwise, and can even bring calculated glimpses into the future if you know how to use it right. Thing is only you can see the orb, because it was specifically made for you and by you, and explaining this orb (and the vision it grants) only brings confusion. Only those that have orbs of their own can understand yours, and with time, your orbs can merge together, bringing brand new perceptions and beautiful reflections.
Or something like that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Because my life revolves around Explosions in the Sky, obviously, ha.......................

All the little fuzzy pieces come together to make something kinda great.

Sometimes it kind of feels like static, though... Like you know that sound TV's make when you turn them on to nothing? Like...I can't make out the channel. Sort of frustrating.. I get that way when I'm not feeling like myself, I think...too much interference or like I can't focus... ....don't know if anyone else gets that.... or if that even makes sense....Probably not even an Ni issue.... derp.

Tangent: Did you know that approximately 1% of TV static comes from the afterglow of the big bang? Whoaaaa....

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Sometimes it kind of feels like static, though... Like you know that sound TV's make when you turn them on to nothing? Like...I can't make out the channel. Sort of frustrating.. I get that way when I'm not feeling like myself, I think...too much interference or like I can't focus... ....don't know if anyone else gets that.... or if that even makes sense....Probably not even an Ni issue.... derp.
If I'm eating a lot of shitty food or if I'm entangled in some emotional pattern like anger or depression then I lose clarity and my intuition feels/looks like this (mute the sound):

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
So you guys are just tripping all the time or what? :tongue:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't understand how intuition could look or sound like anything. I just percieve the whole world coming at me at full force, unfiltered, just everything all at once, always. But it's possible that others have a mental filter that doesn't work in my head.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't understand how intuition could look or sound like anything. I just percieve the whole world coming at me at full force, unfiltered, just everything all at once, always. But it's possible that others have a mental filter that doesn't work in my head.
For me these are metaphors for describing something that doesn't present itself to me through any of the five senses but in order to give any description at all I must do so in terms of the language I have which is the language of a human apparatus with human sense categories.

It's a domain of apprehension which is as of yet not easily communicable and metaphor seems to be a tool that can get closer to it than other modes of communication.

I experience some small joy when I encounter someone else using terms that I've used in the privacy of my own mind to try to language whatever it is my intuition is.

Spin. Flow. Rotation. Spheres. Organic machinery. Floating. Porcelain-like. Mercury-like. Reflective. Light.

A garden of light designed by Peter Carl Fabergé where the plants and animals inhabiting the garden are made out of living feeling.

It is imbued with emotion and meaning as it moves so it's an alive sphere, it's an alive porcelain space-toy. It's not simply an image.

I don't know how to describe it but it's fun to try sometimes.

Bertrand Russell says,

'It is sometimes said that "light is a form of wave-motion", but this is misleading, for the light which we immediately see, which we know directly by means of our senses, is not a form of wave-motion, but something quite different-something which we all know if we are not blind, though we cannot describe it so as to convey our knowledge to a man who is blind.

A wave-motion, on the contrary, could quite well be described to a blind man, since he can acquire a knowledge of space by the sense of touch; and he can experience a wave motion by a sea voyage almost as well as we can.

But this, which a blind man can understand, is not what we mean by light: we mean by light just that which a blind man can never understand, and which we can never describe to him.'​

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then choose a pic or song that comes at you full force ... That was how I intended this thread to work. Take pics or songs that resonate with how you experience or feel your Ni ...

I might think Vivaldi's winter comes at you full force. Though you might not think Vivaldi forceful at all.

Reactions: Necrilia

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's like a machine with a really small door that allows things in from the outside when it perceives things to be useful. When that thing enters it goes through the...I guess sea of information in my mind, and information from that sea latch on to this one little nugget of information. On and on it goes until it comes to two doors. One door will lead the little of nugget of information to assimilation within the sea, and the other door will flush it down the toilet to all of the information I randomly read about celebrities and stuff.

Sort of reminds of how a cell works.

Purple Violet Lilac Lavender Organism

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Every now and then: looks like blood from undetermined causes, sounds like something I use to tune out the answers.

More often: comfort food and static.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.