Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!

First of all... I am an ESFP and I don't know any ESFP in real life (very frustrating for me, because I can watch me in a mirror).

I wish you tell stories or opinions about ESFPs to understand how my personality type is. It can be about love, friendship, resources, money (ah... "terrible money skills" - it was write on a Web page). Succes and failure! Ups and downs! Violence or understanding.

And... thanks for your time!

·
Banned
849 Posts
The ESFPs I know are wonderful people. They are no nonsense, and they get things done (in their own way). They certainly know how to have fun.

The negatives I've seen that they may make too many wrong assumptions and are very reactionary (that may be anecdotal), instead of taking the time to assess everything in time. I've seen some ESTJs toying with ESFPs and it was hard to bear because I knew the intent.

I love the drive they have.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They enjoy life, are fun loving, always a laugh, optimistic, easy going, carefree. I can usually have a good time with ESFP's they can help bring out my se side and 'lighten up' a little and they can be good friends if they understand my introverted boundaries, but from experience I find they usually don't like hanging out with introverts as much and tend to prefer other types that are a good laugh and fun loving, in social situations they are usually the life and soul of the party and spend a lot of time talking to everyone, I am kind of selfish in social situations and spend most of the night talking to the same people so I don't usually get a lot of interaction with ESFP's and when they do interact with me they usually consider me a nerd or just don't understand my type.

I do like ESFP's though especially when I am out with just a small group of friends and an ESFP is among them then they are a great laugh and I can have a really good time with them. When it's a large group though ESFP's don't really interact with me much except a short conversation once or twice but they seem to prefer other extroverted types.

Just my observation on things, I may be entirely wrong about you guys though.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Dated one for a long time :)

*Good Stuff*
Surprisingly Clever,
Talented,
Extremely Likable,
Popular,
Always appear happy in social situations,
Lots of Hobbies,
Caring.

*Bad Stuff*
Selfish,
Can be very moody,
Manipulative (wants everyone to like them)
Puts off sorting out problems,
Messy,
Flirts to make themselves feel good,

Of course this is just based on one ESFP :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They enjoy life, are fun loving, always a laugh, optimistic, easy going, carefree. I can usually have a good time with ESFP's they can help bring out my se side and 'lighten up' a little and they can be good friends if they understand my introverted boundaries, but from experience I find they usually don't like hanging out with introverts as much and tend to prefer other types that are a good laugh and fun loving, in social situations they are usually the life and soul of the party and spend a lot of time talking to everyone, I am kind of selfish in social situations and spend most of the night talking to the same people so I don't usually get a lot of interaction with ESFP's and when they do interact with me they usually consider me a nerd or just don't understand my type.

I do like ESFP's though especially when I am out with just a small group of friends and an ESFP is among them then they are a great laugh and I can have a really good time with them. When it's a large group though ESFP's don't really interact with me much except a short conversation once or twice but they seem to prefer other extroverted types.

Just my observation on things, I may be entirely wrong about you guys though.

Hello, my dear, I always had very good friendships with INFJ. I like INFJ easily. It's like "love at the first sight". I start to communicate with them, to tell them secrets and so on... They don't make me confidences. But, I am so friendly with them, that, after many years, maybe they start to consider me their friend and to tell me some secrets too... :)

The love stories that I started with INFJ men went wrong easily. I always remember that my worst love stories were with INFJ guys. I prefer INFJ as friends and never as lovers.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I like how pragmatic yet spirited they are. They are quick witted and bright.

However, I always feel a little distant from them.
I suspect my aunt is an ESFP, and my dad is an ISTJ. She's very gullible and naive in some ways but actually can surprise people with her gusto at times. I think there's a tendency for people to treat her like a kid (because she behaves like one quite often) and this definitely causes friction between her and my dad, who is all about responsibility and maturity. So I can understand the distance thing.

·
Banned
557 Posts
ESFPs make very amiable company when they're not put in a position of responsibility. Otherwise, they usually let you down and cause you headaches...

However, they're great for a laugh and generally very likable. If you befriend them, you're going to be in for some good times.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
The ESFPs I know are wonderful people. They are no nonsense, and they get things done (in their own way). They certainly know how to have fun.

The negatives I've seen that they may make too many wrong assumptions and are very reactionary (that may be anecdotal), instead of taking the time to assess everything in time. I've seen some ESTJs toying with ESFPs and it was hard to bear because I knew the intent.

I love the drive they have.
Interesting, especially the wrong assumptions. I would like to know however, do ESFPs consider themselves hoarders? The reason I ask is because someone tested ESFP, but I have always considered them a SJ type.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that I'm dating an ESFP (weak P, moderate E and S, well-developed Te).

Even though we've just started out little adventure, I can tell he's a wonderful and caring person. And all those stories! He's always entertaining and seems to communicate a genuine sense of affection. Also, hopeless romantic much? It draws me a little out of my shell, and it's really appreciated. :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
well-developed Te).

Is it an ESFP or an ESTP?
I'm going to go with F. I can read his expressions like a book and he smiles so much! And, from my dating experience, primary (not tertiary) Te-users aren't so open about being romantic. He's also an artist and an avid animal lover, and has openly exclaimed "Look, look! Isn't that the most adorable dog ever?" as we've walked along. He was so excited about it, it still makes me smile.

Edit: Thinking about it, he's probably moderate instead of strong F, if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Haha, not really. We're both pretty poor college kids. He's looking for a job. xD

Trust me when I say you ENFPs are pretty cool folks. :)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I just typed my older brother as an ESFP. I was trying to figure out what he was for so long, but after reading several descriptions, it all makes sense.

First off, my brother is my best friend. Yeah, I know we're brothers, but other than that, we have always shared an incredible bond. He's actually the one person who understands me. He gets me to hang out and be social; he's the best wing-man ever; and his social skills are amazing. Guys love to hang around him; girls want to fuck him; and he makes everybody feel like they're his best friend when hanging out. The best thing about our relationship now is that we are both forces to be reckoned with in our own way. We're on equal footing. Contrast this with high school where I was this meek, awkward, weird kid. However, I garnered so much respect because of my older brother. He always had my back, would come in the drop of a hat if anyone tried to fuck with me, and boosted my self-confidence level in many ways.

INTPs get extremely self-assured when they get older and figure themselves out. So being able to hang out with our cockiness is great.

Also, he's an incredibly deep and intelligent person though I'm not sure if other people see this because of the way he projects himself, and in all honesty, he can be extremely self-indulgent and self-destructive. I wish he would be more responsible and this is coming from an INTP who shucks responsibility till the last minute. The difference is, I'll get the job done while he will find justifications for not getting the job done. It seems just when he's on the right path that he does something to fuck it up. I want to just slap some sense into him, but he could be real sensitive and it's not my place to interfere in his life either.

Honestly, I don't know if this is indicative of all ESFPs, but he is warm, caring, has a heart of gold, and is the most loyal person I know. I have no doubt the man will go the ends of the earth to help me if I needed it. Also, he's the only person who can soften me up to give him a hug. He gives me bear hugs all the time and makes me feel uncomfortable. haha. No doubt he senses my discomfort and does this because there is nothing about me that says "Give me a hug!" I love him for it nonetheless.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does he have money??? They say that ESFPs have "terrible money skills" :)
I can absolutely vouch for that! I am an ESFP and have the most terrible money skills of really anybody I know. I'm not really that great at typing people yet as I'm sorta new to all this so I don't know if I know any other ESFP's. But I can say that out of everybody that I do really know I am the worst with money, the most frivolous with it.
I'm not oblivious to my future, I know it's there, but I feel it's so far away it's not really tangible. It's so hard for me to even talk about saving or planning for my future when there's so much that needs to be done today!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I can absolutely vouch for that! I am an ESFP and have the most terrible money skills of really anybody I know. I'm not really that great at typing people yet as I'm sorta new to all this so I don't know if I know any other ESFP's. But I can say that out of everybody that I do really know I am the worst with money, the most frivolous with it.
I'm not oblivious to my future, I know it's there, but I feel it's so far away it's not really tangible. It's so hard for me to even talk about saving or planning for my future when there's so much that needs to be done today!
Do you ever feel guilty the next day after you spend a lot of money? I know my brother buys so many clothes and I'm usually the beneficiary. He's a master at getting other people to buy him drinks though. One of his many skills.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you ever feel guilty the next day after you spend a lot of money? I know my brother buys so many clothes and I'm usually the beneficiary. He's a master at getting other people to buy him drinks though. One of his many skills.
I do feel a little bad sometimes. Especially the times that we have gotten ourselves in a pickle. For the most part though my philosophy is usually "you only live once". I don't get people to buy me drinks though. ;) I mean they can if they want but I'd be just as happy buying them one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do know that the antics between ESFP's and INTP's can get pretty interesting and entertaining. Well, except when I have to step in and help fix, that is.

Also, I find them very refreshing to talk to. Kinda odd, really.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
ESFP's are very similar to my type, ENFP. There's an odd stereotype that says ESFP's are ENFP's but without the depth.

^FAIL.

ESFP's are epic. =] You lead with Se, I lead with Ne. ^^

1 - 20 of 35 Posts