Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

I really enjoyed watching this because it showed how the small things, how we think about others can have a huge impact on ourselves.

I had a work colleague the other day who was talking about how the way you say things to others can have an impact on such things.

In a world where our day to day life can become quite stressful it is often these little things which can help or hinder us.

·
Registered
17,194 Posts
My mother showed me this some days ago and I then went on to tell her what little I knew about the guy David Foster Wallace. The thing was though, I don't think like that about people. Even with stressed I don't think of people in such a nasty way. I'm optimistic about them and wish to see the good in them. It's too easy to size a person up with a few minutes of their actions but it's wrong because you don't know much at all about them or their situation.

So my default isn't demeaning to the people around though I would say I'm self centered as I'm more inclined to focus on my own feelings about things, but I don't have a world revolves around me attitude. I never had such an attitude towards people, doesn't come natural and to better ward it off I think what's helped me is watching spoken word performances from Henry Rollins where some of his stories really put in perspective how stupid it is to be a cynical fuck and assume the worst in people.
People for the most part are pretty awesome, not celebrity change the world awesome but they're just normal people getting through life and for that they deserve respect.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,856 Posts
As a 9 I'd say that pov is actually my automatic default, part of the 9 deal is seeing other's perspectives as more valid and downplaying one's own for starters, and there is an interconnectedness with everyone that makes us all the same, which means everyone struggles, so don't judge what you can't know.

Of course I get frustrated with the mundane inconveniences, and when stressed I can disintegrate in a 6ish way and doubt intentions, however I don't tend to look down on people as if they are the cause of my problems and the universe revolves around me. I'm simply the centre of my own universe, like everyone else is to theirs.

Reactions: Lady Lullaby
1 - 4 of 4 Posts