Personality Cafe banner

INTPS: What is your preferred blogging or vlogging platform?

• Asaph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blogger

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Blogsmith

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Drupal

• Habari

• Movable Type

• Posterous Spaces

• Squarespace

• Tumblr

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Typepad

• WordPress

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I'm not INTP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I am an INTP but I don't blog

Votes: 10 40.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most INTPs will have started a blog at some point to let out their ideas. I was more satisfied with blogging platforms ten years ago than I am now.

What's your preferred platform and why?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wrote my own with yesod mostly as a learning exercise. Before that I used textpattern because it was very simple to maintain. Stay away from PHP based cms like wordpress because those tend to be the least secure.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left off YouTube. Oops. Guess that falls into the "other" category, not that many INTP probably vlog.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Ista forgot livejournal. ::sadface::
Oops, meant to include that too. Kind of groggy these past few days.

Is livejournal still alive?
Is it your preference?
Does it still look all cliparty on the inside?

Reactions: qingdom

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Oops, meant to include that too. Kind of groggy these past few days.

Is livejournal still alive? Is it your preference?

Not really.. I use to have an LJ when playing an MMO... documented the characters ingame experiences.

Twas a phase though. But I do not blog, however.

Offline journal, maybe... but that's it.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really.. I use to have an LJ when playing an MMO... documented the characters ingame experiences.

Twas a phase though. But I do not blog, however.

Offline journal, maybe... but that's it.
What do you mean, "maybe..."

Reactions: marckos and qingdom

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a tumblr for posting fandom stuff and vague personal posts.

I used to have a livejournal and wordpress for 'deeper' thoughts, theories, that kind of stuff, but I also tend to cringe whenever I look back on old writing, because my thought process as well as my conclusion on the subject matter has changed. As someone who does go through old blog posts of other people, it makes me uncomfortable now knowing people can read some of those things for some reason, so I usually just vent in a word doc that I never read again, if I write about it at all. That's if I'm not bent on discussing it with a broader audience. Even if I am, I'll probably just go to one of the forums I'm on.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I used to have a wordpress. I documented some of my deepest thoughts. I kinda suck at writing though. I have a tumblr now, it's mostly about music stuff.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I had a tumblr for about three years but I got bored with it and deleted it.
It took up too much of my time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Tumblr is for silly stuff and blogger is for longer and more coherent strings of thought.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I had a tumblr for about three years but I got bored with it and deleted it.
It took up too much of my time.
And you have a lovely blog now. ^.^
(Which I should really comment on more often.)

Reactions: badgers

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a personal Tumblr where I post a collection of fandom things and long rants about random things.

I used to have a livejournal and wordpress for 'deeper' thoughts, theories, that kind of stuff, but I also tend to cringe whenever I look back on old writing, because my thought process as well as my conclusion on the subject matter has changed. As someone who does go through old blog posts of other people, it makes me uncomfortable now knowing people can read some of those things for some reason, so I usually just vent in a word doc that I never read again, if I write about it at all. That's if I'm not bent on discussing it with a broader audience. Even if I am, I'll probably just go to one of the forums I'm on.
It makes me really uncomfortable knowing that someone could be judging me based on how I was when I was 13 versus now.
Actually, any form of judgement makes me feel uneasy.
I'm probably going to still rant about things on the internet though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts