Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to see what love languages different types have.

For example: I'm an INTP and my love languages are quality time and words of affirmation in a close second.

Alright, now you go! :puffer:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I think there already is a thread, but I'll just go.
ESTJ, quality time and physical touch second.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Physical touch and quality time for almost everyone? Hmm...

Reactions: Amy

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm INFP. I think words of affirmation is 1st for me because (at least in a romantic context) physical touch and gifts to me feel like they have an ulterior motive (you just want me in bed, you're trying to buy me, ect). But with words, I can tell if you're lying and if you're encouraging and loving to me and I see it's genuine then I feel like you really love me.

My 2nd would be service because I'm a very service oriented person and if I feel like I'm doing all these things for you and you never do anything to help me or give me advice/help on my work when I need it then I'll feel like you don't care..

I use to think I was quality time until I got in a relationship with a physical touch/quality time guy and I felt unsatisfied because it seemed like even when he was giving (giving touch, giving time) he was in it for himself not for me.. Which I know wasn't his intention, but I could never shake that dissatisfaction even though I knew he meant well.

Maybe I'm needy. Idk.. But that's my experience with the love languages.
I'm probably a minority as an INFP service love language o_O

·
Banned
2,122 Posts
ESFP and quality time. If a person even doesn't pay attention to what I say, how can I feel loved by it?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm INFP. I think words of affirmation is 1st for me because (at least in a romantic context) physical touch and gifts to me feel like they have an ulterior motive (you just want me in bed, you're trying to buy me, ect). But with words, I can tell if you're lying and if you're encouraging and loving to me and I see it's genuine then I feel like you really love me.
I have the same suspicions as you, actually, but I guess any of the things that make us feel loved can be used to potentially manipulate us, but in a long-term relationship, those same actions can be genuine and selfless. For example, the world is also filled with smooth talkers who will tell you what you want to hear, as well as people who put up with doing things for their love interest in hopes of "getting some" in return. I think you have to judge someone's intentions by taking their whole personality and behavioral patterns into account.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
896 Posts
Quality time, physical touch, words of affirmation.

Oh just serve 'em all up on a platter. I'll take expressions of love however I can get 'em!~

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm words of affirmation. Gifts mean nothing to me but getting new cool things. Acts of service mean something, but they don't absolutely touch me. Quality time is great, but again, it doesn't absolutely touch me. Now some great, genuine words, that's what gets me. Physical touch can get me too

·
Registered
456 Posts
ISFP and Physical touch first, then words of affirmation and then quality time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts