Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been turned on to Astrology and can't get enough of it (if it's only for reading out of boredom). But some of it does seem to makes sense. Anyway, what's your sign?

Aries here.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Cancer ... I've done some research on astrology too, but just doesn't seem to work really
no statistical studies confirm its validity, it is basically just propagated on and on by people who are interested in it, it was in fact really difficult to apply to some of my friends (i really had to stretch those profiles to make them fit), and finally the likelihood that positions of objects that are thousands of light years away from where you are born influencing your personality are extremely low, much higher is the chance that things like your mother's hormonal levels have influenced your personality so in this manner I keep strictly to what science tells us about what influences people's personalities ... at least they back up what they say by experimental studies

·
Registered
27 Posts
^ Happy Birthday in case I forget. :happy:

Another Aries here. I know more about astrology than I do this but I found mbti to be more descriptive of the 'inner me'. Does anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm a Libra :) I'm told I'm a very typical one too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Leo. My birthday is coming up (Aug. 9).
Forgot to mention that you and my best friend share the same birthday :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sagittarius / Fire Tiger

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Pisces

I fit the description, for the most part

Reaally don't like how INFJ + Pisces = crazy psychic phenomena though :C

People tend to think I'm an alien sometimes

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am a Scorpio.

I tend to agree with vel regarding the whole Western Zodiac thing. Much of it seems way, way too generalized and you can often find yourself being drawn into the traits that you have (I'm highly sexual) while subconsciously ignoring the traits you do not (I am not jealous). Regardless, I still think it's a fun way to identify with other people and make conversation. I don't put as much stock into it as I do with more, say, "scientific" personifiers, like MBTI.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have a huge interest in astrology and how it influences personality, even if some of the more scientific details are sketchy

But keep in mind that science itself (or rather, our understanding of it) is still human, and as such, there are bound to be flaws

To note specifically, I found it funny how INFJs are idealized and 'amazing', yet the man who created the entire theory/system was apparently an INFJ himself? Even if this was his way of making his 'idealized world' real (as per the INFJ's general 'purpose'), doesn't it smell a bit fishy?

Learn as much as you can, but never take anything for granted ;)

Reactions: Bliss

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pisces sun sign.

Astrology can be very detailed and for a better understanding you should look at your entire chart which will give the signs your moon, venus, mars, etc are in along with the sun sign.

The generic 'I am a Pisces' is a bit limiting although your sun sign is a strong influence it is only a part of what true astrology describes.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Pisces sun sign.

Astrology can be very detailed and for a better understanding you should look at your entire chart which will give the signs your moon, venus, mars, etc are in along with the sun sign.

The generic 'I am a Pisces' is a bit limiting although your sun sign is a strong influence it is only a part of what true astrology describes.
Waayy ahead of you. It was very descriptive and most of it was actually fairly accurate. PM me if you're really interested in further details (though I won't hold my breath) :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry Zomboy I was talking about me being a Pisces not responding directly to you.

I'm a bit distracted today and wrote the response without rereading it 10 times like usual.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Capricorn. Though I don't buy in to astrology.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sagittarius, hooray for the winter solstice! (well it falls on my birthday like half the time) Anyone ever play Final Fantasy Tactics? haha my favorite game ever. (the zodiac was a part of the story, I'm not just crazy and asking random questions :p)

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a Fiery start to this thread, ertertwert, I knew there was that 'something' about you! hehehe Oh btw the most amazing Aries in here is The Vizier - he's not awake yet, I think he lives on the other end of the Earth!

Sometimes I feel stifled in here - Fiery people are particular, and I need to feel the freedom I feel, when talking to them, because there is a similarity in approach to problems and life, amongst Fire people, like an inner communication - where others sometimes outside of it would say 'Why do they do that? I don't understand why they think that way' and there is always the need to explain - But when around other Firey people, I just nod and smile, and continue having fun on my merry way, no need for explanation of my schemes, and the way I live my life, and the decisions I make :)

Well uncertain if you've experienced that before, but I have occasionally. I am a Leo and on an Island, there are no other Fiery persons in my family, I don't get that fuel I need so I am totally self-sufficient, most of the time! But this is an extensive topic - I just wanted to say Hi! and So happy to see the start off of this Thread with lots of Fire! Tee hee
I dated a Leo for 3 years, so I know what you mean. She was pretty rambunctious and cracked me up constantly. But she was also an ISFJ and the differences were very apparent.

... perhaps if INFJs could add some detail on how they feel they are, in relation to being an INFJ, and how they feel as an INFJ in relation to their sign would be very helpful, and maybe meaningful - this type of Thread usually becomes just a mish mash of Info, Skeptical comments, and confusion, or just Lists and lists without order. but out of interest I really would like to see some relationships made if possible?
Well I definitely don't think I act like a typical Aries in some ways. I do not have high energy most of the time, and I'm pretty laid back and cool. When you read about Aries, it says they want to be first in everything and have high energy. I think if I were an S instead of an N this might be true. But instead I normally just sit back and observe, taking notes of the details important to me. Other than that, everything else seems to fit me pretty well.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sagittarius, hooray for the winter solstice! (well it falls on my birthday like half the time) Anyone ever play Final Fantasy Tactics? haha my favorite game ever. (the zodiac was a part of the story, I'm not just crazy and asking random questions :p)
One of my top 3 for sure. I'm playing it on my psp as we speak actually. Ha ha

1 - 20 of 95 Posts