Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I liked it. From what I can think of now, the only part I didn't like was the part where the one woman chose her mentally disabled brother's constant, pointless phone calls over someone she loved. It was so stupid of her. I know what she said her reasons were, but I think she could have missed a few calls, for her own sanity, if nothing else. Taking the calls wouldn't have made him better.

Oh, and I didn't like the part where that Colin guy went to America to get a girl. The idea/storyline was stupid.

Really, when I think about it, if I want to keep liking it it's not a good idea to analyse the detail too much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I loved the movie, I loved even the parts that were intentionally stupid and unrealistic (the Colin guy). The deepest impression was left on me by the opening of the movie where it says something like "Love is everywhere, sometimes not particularly dignified, etc." It's so true and good point to remember. When I was still in my child years I thought that to fall in love you have to be pretty and young, notion I saw a lot in the movies. It took me years to see through the false foundation of that assumption.

I felt for the woman that chose her mentally ill brother over her love interest because my sister is ill as well and one day I have to take care of her. I can't bear the thought of leaving her, my sense of duty and love for her can't allow it, so I can pretty much see myself in that hard situation in future years :unsure:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I loved the movie, I loved even the parts that were intentionally stupid and unrealistic (the Colin guy). The deepest impression was left on me by the opening of the movie where it says something like "Love is everywhere, sometimes not particularly dignified, etc." It's so true and good point to remember. When I was still in my child years I thought that to fall in love you have to be pretty and young, notion I saw a lot in the movies. It took me years to see through the false foundation of that assumption.

I felt for the woman that chose her mentally ill brother over her love interest because my sister is ill as well and one day I have to take care of her. I can't bear the thought of leaving her, my sense of duty and love for her can't allow it, so I can pretty much see myself in that hard situation in future years :unsure:
Hey, I didn't mean she should not look after her brother. I would too if mine was ill. However, like I said, she could have missed SOME of the calls because answering them didn't make him happy anyway and it certainly didn't make her happy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As I thought... no INTJ men appear willing to express their like of this movie... :tongue:
We can't, because we don't usually watch those genres.
Not many of our Friday nights are like those of other people.

·
Registered
87 Posts
<--- INTJ female - I cannot comment as I did not see it either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts